Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > "generic" Bluetooth troubleshooting/Q&A/Tips

Author "generic" Bluetooth troubleshooting/Q&A/Tips
Mooresy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-09 19:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi (Sorry if you've read this post twice - I accidently posted as new topic),

Boy am I glad to find you guys, looks like I'm not alone the battle to get bluetooth working!

Ok, I like many other people have both dial-up and file transfer working ok using the XTND Blue Manager V2.2 which I've downloaded from InnoVision Multimedia who make the dongle. I do not know how to check the version of Phone Monitor.

My problem is that I desperately want to synchronise with Outlook using the SE software provided or later from the web, but I cant get Phone Monitor to see my phone.

Can anyone help? I'm not sure what to try next.

Cheers,

Glenn
mivad
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-16 00:46
I got MSI bluethoot, i can sync whith the "xtconect" (outlook) but I can't send pics to the PC.. it says fail.. how do I make it!? HELP edsuicida@iol.pt
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-16 03:11
Quote:

On 2003-07-16 00:46:09, mivad wrote:
I got MSI bluethoot, i can sync whith the "xtconect" (outlook) but I can't send pics to the PC.. it says fail.. how do I make it!? HELP edsuicida@iol.pt

xtndconnect only works with the full version of outlook.
pearl62
V800
PM
Posted: 2003-07-16 23:56
Mivad... I've been told that only versions 1.3.2.7 and up of Widcomm stack will receive jpegs.
pasquale
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-08-11 21:06
Hi guys!
I have a mobile t68i with camera and i wish to send my pictures into my pc.
So I both a bluetooth adapter (D-LINK DBT-120) but it doesn't work.

SOMEBODY KNOW HOW TO DO IT?
Pati
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-08-12 05:27
There IS hope!

Hi all of you struggling Bluetoothians out there...

I recently bought a T610 and I´ve had a really hard time trying to get it to synchronize with my laptop. I use a SCM bluetooth USB dongle w/ a Compaq Evo 1000V running Windows XP pro, and that´s what I´ve been doing the last couple of days - synchronizing...NOT.

Anyways, I´ve been going through dozens of posts on several different boards on the net, and most people recommend us poor losers to upgrade to a TDK card. I was just about to buy something like that when I found Rangoli´s post in here. I had exactly the same problem - my infrared port was for some reason of higher priority than the bt connection.

I disconnected the IR port in the device manager, uninstalled and reinstalled the bluetooth software (WIDCOMM 1.3.2.7) and after starting up the serial port for the T610 was the magical COM5. I did the necessary pairing, then I just enabled and reserved that port in the Phone Monitor Options, connected the 610 to the serial port, and started synchronizing. Just like that.

I don´t know if this is a problem specific to Compaq notebooks, but I suspect that a lot of the problems people are having with the Phone Monitor not recognizing the connected SonyEricsson phone might have to do with this. I strongly urge all you people in despair to try this one out before you spend any more money in a desperate attempt to get it all working...

Oh, and one last detail. I checked this with both the R4 software and the new 1.5.7 suite - it worked only with the latter. BUT when I uninstalled the R4 and reinstalled the 1.5.7, the Phone Book & SMS manager accidentally stayed in the computer, and voila - they work with the T610 too. There´s really an option to combine the best of both worlds here, as the R4 has some software details that the new suite doesn´t.

Thank´s Rangoli, I owe you big time Good luck to everybody else, I hope this can be of some help!

/Pati
Spud_Nic
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-08-22 18:08
Just thought I'd tell you what my experience is.

With BT, u get wot u pay for! If you pay about 30 quid, or equiv - it'll be rubbish.

I found out the hard way, but I know use a TDK usb bt adaptor, and I've had no probs with my SE t68i.

I hear everyone having problems with Widcomm, so don't use it!!!! Get your money back and buy TDK! It works!
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-08-24 15:11
oh, that isn't always true.

i bought a cheap BT adapter (msi-6967) for less than 30 quid and it has worked great eversince i got them last year. at that time, the 3com BT adapters were selling for more than 60 quid here.
BadzMiaoo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-02 01:27
I ve got a Widcomm Connectland Bud and it dosent work think i m gonna take a TDK. I tried the upper trick but MPM still dosent find the t68i
I lost my money :'(
frejac
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-03 09:06
Hi I have two questions:

--
Is it possible to have a setup where XTNDConnect do a automated sync with Outlook when the phone is near my PC?
XTND has the auto-sync option, but the BT connection doesnt seem to come up until I manually choose to connect to my phone's serial icon in the "My bluetooth places". But even after doing that, XTND doesnt auto-sync. I need to manually do a sync in XTND.
Or perhaps a way for XTND to connect directly to the phone without the serial-port emulation?

--
I've tried both the FMA application and the EricssonDesktop application (both from sourceforge) and they seems to work with my T610 using cable or the BT using serial emulation. I cant seem to get the naitive BT to work, not that it matters much.
But anyway, does anyone here know the requirements for that to work? (I'm using WinXP SP1)

Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: frejac on 2003-09-03 08:26 ]
bailune
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-03 21:13
Hi guys!
I have a mobile t68i with camera and i wish to send my pictures into my pc.
So I both a bluetooth adapter (D-LINK DBT-120) but it doesn't work.

SOMEBODY KNOW HOW TO DO IT?
zx-9r
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-16 00:35
Hi all. Had my bt working fine with my pc (xp with sp1) but had to format the hard drive...

and now i can't this to work again

after reading some posts here i understand i have to assing com5 and com6... but those ports don't appear here to choose... lots of ports to choose from but not those 2. why can this be? maybe wrong bios configuration?

fanx in advance for helping
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-21 07:23
no, it doesnt have to be com 5 or 6. you can assign a virtual BT com port to any number (as long your apps supports it).

check the ports under device manager and see if other apps are using 5 and 6, or if you already have the virtual ports installed or recognized by the system.

(you can also manually add new ports if you can't find them.)
fosselius
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-22 12:44
bailune

you have to edit the register

run regedit

go to hkey current user
software
widcomm
btconfig
services

choose the key acceptothers and change value to one

now you should get it working. Make sure that you let the phone send to your computer without authenication and approval
Sunksat
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-07 17:12
Sorry to ask you all this but I couldnt seem to find an answer to my problem anywere on esato I even used the search function =)!
Anyway here it goes:
Just bought a SonyEricssonT610 and ive been using the irda to transfer my files from phone->pc. And this works fine. But today I bought the "Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth" thought I needed an bluetooth connection so why not by this package caus I also needed a new mouse. But I can't get i to work.
The mouse works fine and the bluetooth adapter detects and accepts my T610 fine. I type the 4digit password and my phone accepts my pc. But after that I can't do anything. I can pair my phone and pc from the pc but not from the phone. The bluetooth gives a blue *blink* and my phone tells me an connection could not be established!
I can't right click on a file in explorer and choose send to bluetooth adapter cause it just aint there. I can't send pics from my phone to my pc using bluetooth nothing works.
Hopefully someone got a solution to this, cause im starting to think that the microsoft bluetooth adapter doesnt like any other devices than the mice.....which would suck =)

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic