Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > "generic" Bluetooth troubleshooting/Q&A/Tips

Author "generic" Bluetooth troubleshooting/Q&A/Tips
jakub vokac
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-02 09:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
In have problems with BT dongle from I-Tec and Mobile Phone Monitor - doesnt see my T68i. And therefore I cant synchronize with MS Outlook XP (via IR it works). I have installed WinXP with SP-2.
Dongle works with XTNDBlue manager 2.0a and as BT modem correctly.
Any ideat what to do?
Thanks.
SweetCub
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-24 04:49
HI,

I need some help!

I have the Racewood USB dongle, with windigo blue manager software/drivers, and my T68i just does not want to keep them paired..

They discover each other very easily, they ask for passcodes, pair, and then my T68i deletes it right away.. and XTND blue manager does not want to trust the T68i either.. I just cannot get them to stay paired..

someone please help..

ZuberB
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-25 12:09
Sweetclub,

Assuming you are initialising the Pairing from the PC end, when the T68i lights up, are you just selecting accept (default first option) or are you scrolling down to select the Pair Devices option.

Not using the same Dongle as you, but doing it the above sequence causes it to pair succesfully for me without problems.

Zuber
SweetCub
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-25 17:13
hey Zuber,

I have tried doing all sorts of things..

I chose pair, from the phone, and it does pair for a SECOND.. then deletes it..

and now my phone cannot even find the PC, if I try to "discover" from the phone.. it is like the PC dongle no longer works..

I think the racewood dongle is crap.. and so is the windigo BT software..

I may need to just realize, i spent money on a bad BT dongle..

anyone recomend a GOOD one?

..thanks
playa_boy
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-04-26 12:47
Has anyone manged to get FloAts Mobile Agent to automatically connect to a T68i via Billionton USB Bluetooth adapter via the bluetooth option under "Tools"->"Options" ? It says that you need XP SP1 (I have installed that) and MS Bluetooth driver. The latter I do not know what is, I searched for it but found no results. I have typed in the bluetooth address of my T68i, but it will not connect. I get the error message "Error 10047 in function Connect (socket) Address family not supported by protocol family)

THey way I connect now is to fist establish a connection to Serial Port 1 (or 2, works with both) in the My Bluetooth Places under windows explorer. The I configure Mobile Agent to connect via the serial port nr. 4.

I would prefer Mobile Agent to automatically do this, anyone have a solution?
ZuberB
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-27 00:30
I use a MSI USB Dongle, and am quite happy with it.
I actually have 2 and use them to get internet acces on the laptop through the desktop when I'm downstairs. They are quite cheap.

The software can be a little fiddly setting up, but it is the same as used for a number of other devices.

Zuber
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-04-30 02:34
@playa_boy
did you pair your PC and your phone already? coz i use the serial connection instead and whenever i startup FMA (assuming phone BT is already on), i get to use it as soon as it's fully running.

btw, i use the MSI6967 BT adapter. and i have set com port 4 as my BT port in the BT configuration.
ShaneMcFarland
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-04-30 06:39
So I have a T68i and a Belkin 100 BT adapter..

I can get the devices to see eachother but there are two problems:

1) The signal drops frequently. When I check the status the signal is very very weak. This is with the devices 1 meter from eachother! Right next to eachother (a few cm) the signal is "good"

2) If I go out of range/turn my phone off, when I come back why doesn't my BT adapter pick it up? I have to manually go in and tell it to connect to the paired device. How lame. Whats the use in that? THere's a way to fix this, correct?

Thanks...

edit: So if I leave it right next to the adapter (few cm) within minutes the connection gets lost. This is really frustrating!!!

p.s. I have WiFi in my apt and on this computer...but come on, its 3 centimeters away! (WiFi USB adapter is 1m away)

Thanks for the help guys...

[ This Message was edited by: ShaneMcFarland on 2003-04-30 05:44 ]
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-04-30 07:11
Have you tried a different BT phone? It's possible that you may have a phone hardware problem.
ShaneMcFarland
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-04-30 07:53
@Gowin...

No but the bluetooth features worked just fine with my laptop and T68i...(same BT adapter, just different computer now)

And when I did that I was 1 meter from the 802.11b router. Now I'm 1m from the 802.11b USB adapter and 20 meters from the router. It makes no sense! What a piece...
ShaneMcFarland
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-04-30 16:59
This is SO pissing me off...

What seems to be happening is two things. First, after two minutes the connection will be lost if there is no activity. This is at exactly 2 minutes. If I'm using it, sometimes I can get it to go a little past 2 minutes but I don't think its gone beyond 2min, 10 seconds yet.

The ONLY thing I can get to work at ALL is PC Control, which works fine, until I lose connection. I can't sync with Outlook. It certainly won't AutoSync, and when I tell it to sync manually it says it can't detect any phones. (this is with XTNDConnect PC of S-E's website)

By the way, this is ALL while the phone is right next to the BT adapter and the BT signal strength is 'Good' (until I lose it, that is...)

PLEASE HELP!
dave_uk
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-04-30 23:50
I use a TDK USB BT adaptor and mine also says that it drops the connection almost immediately I connect it BUT..... I can still use all the functions i.e. the connection is still there, although my PC tells me otherwise.

There seem to be people having problems with these Belkin adaptors all over Esato. That said, I work for in a phone shop and have people in everyday with problems with their T68i - it's become the 8210 of 2003!

I would say, get your (phone) Firmware upgraded and maybe try a different adaptor.

Hope it helps,

Dave
ShaneMcFarland
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-05-01 02:18
Well, Ive had some minor success. I can't update my firmware as far as I know (im in the US)..not til I go to Europe this summer. And I just bought this damn adapter. I may HAVE to return it though. Thank god, I almost threw out my receipt.

So once I connect, if PC Control stays open it seems I can stay connected for at least a while, even if I just leave things. I got up to 7 minutes and then went up to 12 without touching the phone or computer. At 12 I closed PC Control and immediately lost connection.

Also, despite the fact that my signal is "too weak" according to XP, I measured a range of about 12 meters before I lost contact. So I don't know.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that Bluetooth was supposed to be this technology where any BT device could easily see the others, and if both parties consented, the 2 devices could remain connected indefinitely as long as they were in range; and even if one DID go out of range, when you came back you could have it set up so they would automatically re-connect. Am I wrong here or what? B/c so far BT has been a huge pain in the ass.
dave_uk
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-05-01 02:30
Yeah, Bluetooth was supposed to be exactly that......seamless connection blah blah. It will get better though - once Wi-Fi is more widely implemented, it will be what everyone expected from Bluetooth and nobody has got!

Guess we'll have to make do with temperamental long-range Infrared, for the moment!
ShaneMcFarland
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-05-01 02:58
@Dave_uk:

Thanks for the replies. I made the mistake of uninstalling everything and then reinstalling the latest and greatest version from Belkin. Now NOTHING works. I can't even get it to recognize the T68i even exists. Oh well..Im getting a P800 in two days, maybe that will help things...but I doubt it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic