Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > "generic" Bluetooth troubleshooting/Q&A/Tips

Author "generic" Bluetooth troubleshooting/Q&A/Tips
AN3dustboy
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-12-26 14:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Can somebody help me?! I have a t68i and bought a bluetooth MSi . I juse for backgrounds sony ericsson software and send with blue tooth to my phone..Thats no problem. BUT!!! When I download a theme or screensaver animation (gif) i cant send it to my phone!

When i go to the the file for example screensaver.gif and click the right button of the mouse i want to copy with bluetooth to my phone, Than he thinks and thinks and gives a note that he cannot connect to my t68i because it is not supported or something... But how?!What can i do to send files from computer with bluetooth to my phone with out this "cannot connect it doenst support..."notes. Help me!

Ps I already paired the phones...
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-29 03:27
@AN3dustboy
you can't send it directly to the phone. you need to use the built-in utility of float's mobile agent or christersson's sendfile utility (and install Mobile phone Monitor from )

For more information about MSI bluetooth adapter, use this MSI Bluetooth specific thread

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2002-12-29 02:29 ]
RaveyDaveyGravey
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-10 15:04
Hi, just added a PCI Belkin Bluetooth adaptor to my VAIO laptop. Managed to get it to 'discover' my T68i and add it to the network, and likewise have managed to pair the phone with the pc. What I don't get is 1) why I can't send pics from the phone to the laptop - it recognises the phone, connects then says 'connection failed retry' 2) Ericsson Image Editor won't detect the phone even though BT is activated 3) I can send contacts and cards from the phone to the laptop, but have no idea where to find them on the pc itself! The BT software only had installation instructions so I am really at a loss what to do!
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-25 16:19
@RaveyDaveyGravey
welcome to ESATO!

not all adapters are capable of accepting transfers from the phones. i don't use the same brand as yours, but we "upgraded" our software from tecom (though im using an MSI adapter) and it now works. please use SEARCH for more information.
vthee
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-27 21:17
i have issues with connectivity with my p800 and my BT headset... basically when i set the BT to automatic, the transfering of voice to my headset is kinda flacky... meaning it doesn't work all the time... sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't... when i have the BT setting to on... it always works... can anyone help troubleshoot this for me? im thinking its a symbian os issue...

thanks in advance
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-04 22:34
Nope, its not a Symbian-problem,...voice-functionality via bluetooth basically only works correctly when bluetooth-mode is ON,..not on automatic.
So You dont have a problem

Regards

Jan
Nextlink Marketing Manager and Bluespoon Hardware Designer.
Harry
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-25 21:37
On a wondows 2000/XP system install the newest drivers (1.3.2.7) with the administrator account. Solved all the connection/pairing problems.

Thanks to "elknwirep" for the great tip.
esoiset
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-26 00:34
I just figured out my big problem was that the BT adapter was plugged into a hub.
I was able to connect and pair just fine, but the sync would stop after about 5-7 contacts and loose connection with the phone.
I plugged my Belkin BT adapter into the back of my computer and the sync went all the way through and worked beutifully.

Sorry if this is restating the obvious, but it took me three days before I thought of doing this.

Eric
rangoli
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-09 17:35
hey everyone

i read the msgs posted here on how to setup bluetooth<->usb dongle with t68i and it really helped.
The only way i was able to get my MPM to detect the phone was to disable the IR device on my laptop and disable all com ports in MPM setup except COM5. That way the com port got freed up and afterwards i was able to connect to my t68i through the virtual COM5.

hope this helps!

i have a TECOM BT3030 USB dongle installed on my Compaq notebook.
-bilal

T68i forever
fil
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-03-11 12:07
Hi,
I bought a Racewood btd-2403 dongle. It works fine with my T39m, even much better then serial cable
But when I want to make t39 as a trusted device, it is unsuccesful, also I can't browse my t39 from the XTNDConnect manager software came with the dongle. Is it possible anyway, or this feature is only for t68 or newer phones?
I want to play a little bit, and want to set up my hbh-20 headset to use az pc headset, any idea how is it possible?

Thx for any hint

[ This Message was edited by: fil on 2003-03-12 10:14 ]
Psykotik
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 10:18
I just bought a Trust bluetooth adapter the other day, and i want to set up Internet on my ploota via GPRS. Is this possible? If so can you please tell me how? Im running XP pro btw. Also, i established a slow as you like 9.6kbps connection and got the net working, but after loading esatos front page it just dies on me. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Thom
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 11:03
I paired up my t68i with my 3com bluetooth doogle... however now i am unable to send files from my phone to the pc... any one with any experiences on this?
kit
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-13 20:42
Hello all,
after much hacking, I got my USB-BT and P800 working together, using the 1.3.27 package for the dongle.

Now my question is this - how can I get the BT dongle software to automagically start up the Bluetooth serial port connection to the phone. I looked under Properties for the 'P800 Bluetooth Serial Port' and the 'Start Automatically' is greyed out!

cheers
kit
xiaoblur
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-16 17:26
@@ thom

i hust got a mitsumi...bT~~

the prob is the same...can send from com to hp

but not from hp to com

i oso duno wat to do with it liaos

marcel
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-17 08:04
Hi all,

Im thinking of getting a Gigabyte USB Blue tooth Dongle for my PC to use with my T68i..... Has anyone had any sucess with these. I want full functionallity especially Floats Mobile Agent, PC Controll from christersson.org and Contacts Sync.

Thanks

Marcel

[ This Message was edited by: marcel on 2003-03-17 07:07 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic