Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > "generic" Bluetooth troubleshooting/Q&A/Tips

Author "generic" Bluetooth troubleshooting/Q&A/Tips
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-18 05:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@buddy
someone in this forum posted a message about problems with xtnd connect blue manager. am not sure if s/he was able to resolve the issues.
Sparky72
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-10-10 05:51
Okay, hopefully someone can help me out here. I just got an IOGear Bluetooth to USB adaptor and I installed it on my Dell laptop w/ Windows2000. After installing it, everything looks okay but I have no Services when I open up My Bluetooth Places. I can see my T68i phone but when I double click on it, there are no services discovered. When I go into Control Panel, I do see the Bluetooth Modem (11), Fax (10) Modem and Null Modem (12). I even see the COM ports and everything looks okay.

Am I missing something here? I have the freeware version of Xtend software that I closed and I have Mobile Phone Monitor installed. Thanks!
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-10 06:47
right click on your phone, then select Discover Available Services.
Sparky72
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-10-10 07:16
When I right click it comes back with "No Services Found"
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-10 09:40
try pairing them up first
Sparky72
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-10-10 16:42
Thanks for your help GOwin, I appreciate it.

The two of them are paired already. The other weird thing is that when I go to The Configuration screen for My Device, I go through all the tabs and click Apply but the next time I go in all that information is gone.
birdherder
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-20 04:44
i'm having the same problem with the iogear usb bluetooth adapter. my computer and phone see each other, but there is no services for the t68 and notebook keeps forgetting the settings.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-20 06:09
@Sparky72, birdherder
hmm ... that's weird. why don't you check for software updates from the manufacturer's website?

@devilc
there's a dedicated SMI 6967 thread here. but maybe you should have your adapter replaced by the store.
nickhills
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-20 13:35
Hello all,

My Setup:
Mitsumi USB Bluetooth Adaptor
Windows XP
SE T68i

ok, Phone is paired with BT adaptor, and can send images & contacts to pc.
Modem is installed and works for DUN

under the properties for the BT adaptor it says i have 4 BT com ports ->com4 = serial >com5=dun >com6=lan >com7=fax

first question: which com port should phone monitor be set to connect to? by my reckoning it could only be 4 or 5, am i correct??

second question: i cannot get phone monitor to detect my phone, hence none of the SE tools work, which is as you can imagine a little frustrating!

what i am wondering is if any of the details relating to the phone/sim are stored in the registry?. If so there may be a 'hack' for all us poor XP users, which would allow us to borrow the registry entrys from one of you lucky people that have the system working, and see if i can drop it in to my registry.....any ideas or suggestions......if you do find related entries in your registry, please post them here so we can all have a play with them

thanks guys,
Nick
birdherder
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-20 18:54
gowin- the vendor, iogear, did have a software update that was dated 17 october. tried that. iogear doesn't have a robust tech support area -- just a way to email questions. if i don't hear back from them, i think i'll return the dongle to the store and buy a brand that people here have had success with.
angelraven
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-20 19:11
What version is S-E BT implementation, and I know Nokia is way way behind... and does this affect the future peripherals like Keyboards and Mice from MS, for example?
Errr.... what is a signature?
pran
T630
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-21 06:24
I have a Billionton Bluetooth USB dongle. I have two serial port profiles listed after I successfully paired my T68(i) with the PC. However, I cannot change the default COM (COM3) port of my phone's serial port profile. My hardware devices list 10 Bluetooth communications ports (COM3 to COM13).
birdherder
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-21 22:15
i gave up on the iogear and took it back to frys. on reco from someone here, i traded it for the epox version. same results.

so i installed it on my work system and it works fabulously.

i'm wondering if i'm having some sort of USB issue on my home notebook that isn't allowing all the services to run -- the virtual devices are all installed, it is just my pc isn't mapping them to the usb port.
pran
T630
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-23 13:53
I was finally able to make Sony Ericsson tools to work with Billionton's bluetooth USB dongle. All I did was to reset the phone and voila, it worked! I'm now trying to familiarize myself on how to utilize the bluetooth utilities of Billionton. My only problem is: I can't send pictures from the phone to the PC but I can do it the other way around.
WinKy
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-23 15:00
sorry, but you just have to post that question in the other thread.

the intention of this thread is to discuss common issues between bluetooth devices, not those specific to a particular brand/model

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2002-10-24 01:52 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic