Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Flashed K750i to W800 using DaVinci (really)

12  Next
Author Flashed K750i to W800 using DaVinci (really)
kingqueen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-26 23:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I got a new K750i today (Orange branded) having lost the last one (thank Goodness for insurance, but still an expensive loss...) Immediately got it network unlocked then when I got it home tried to debrand it with DaVinci.

Getting increasingly frustrated: DaVinci kept failing on the first block, and the SEUS kept getting communication errors. Blasted thing wouldn't update at all.

Then I noticed something: on the info pane in DaVinci it said the colour of the phone is brown. Somehow I have ended up with a developer model! Goodness knows how (got it from a legit shop in an Orange box...)

So the only way to debrand seemed to be to flash with the W800 "brown" firmware provided by DaVinci. Worked fine and I now have a W750 or a K800 or something.

I quite like it, the walkman thing is quite good, but a couple of things annoy me. For example, the radio feature is limited: it is not possible to use it in "flight" mode (why?) and also unlike with the K750 it is not possible to minimise the radio and do other things - a feature I liked a lot.

I'd rather have had a "red" K750 but there you go, I bet some of you are jealous

D.
Phildon008
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-08-27 00:36

@ kingqueen

nice one... now you've got a
KW1550 handset...
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-08-27 00:40
Quote:

On 2005-08-26 23:19:42, kingqueen wrote:
I got a new K750i today (Orange branded) having lost the last one (thank Goodness for insurance, but still an expensive loss...) Immediately got it network unlocked then when I got it home tried to debrand it with DaVinci.

Getting increasingly frustrated: DaVinci kept failing on the first block, and the SEUS kept getting communication errors. Blasted thing wouldn't update at all.

Then I noticed something: on the info pane in DaVinci it said the colour of the phone is brown. Somehow I have ended up with a developer model! Goodness knows how (got it from a legit shop in an Orange box...)

So the only way to debrand seemed to be to flash with the W800 "brown" firmware provided by DaVinci. Worked fine and I now have a W750 or a K800 or something.

I quite like it, the walkman thing is quite good, but a couple of things annoy me. For example, the radio feature is limited: it is not possible to use it in "flight" mode (why?) and also unlike with the K750 it is not possible to minimise the radio and do other things - a feature I liked a lot.

I'd rather have had a "red" K750 but there you go, I bet some of you are jealous

D.

For music I have an iPod. When you get 3G then I might get jealous.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
sailaab
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-08-27 01:32
Supra Mating ehhh ? Well I am not J.. Coz am just okay using my S7 for most things and The P910 for some more

This message was posted from a S700

sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-08-27 01:41
Quote:

On 2005-08-27 01:32:07, sailaab wrote:
Supra Mating ehhh ? Well I am not J.. Coz am just okay using my S7 for most things and The P910 for some more

This message was posted from a S700

What

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2005-08-27 04:13
kingqueen... what cable did you use to flash the k750 brown to w800 brown?

[addsig]
victorh017
C905 Gold
PM
Posted: 2005-08-27 05:46
Quote:

Why?.... Because there are no FM radio signals whatsoever as soon as you are 30.000 feet above the ground. And for safety reasons you're not allowed to use any radio equipment inside a plane. That's why...
CMDJ5 > T230 > T610 > K700i > K750i > K810i > K850i > G900 RED > C905 Gold
kingqueen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-27 11:41
The one that came with the pHone

This message was posted from a WAP device

sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-08-27 16:23
Quote:

On 2005-08-27 05:46:46, victorh017 wrote:
Quote:

Why?.... Because there are no FM radio signals whatsoever as soon as you are 30.000 feet above the ground. And for safety reasons you're not allowed to use any radio equipment inside a plane. That's why...

It was so obvious that I did not have the heart to post the answer. I was too busy laughing at the question.

kingqueen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-27 17:19
Cheeky people.

I don't use the flight mode for flights. As others have posted here it saves battery power and so I use it for that, also when I don't want to receive calls but want the "walkman" on. Having the radio available in "flight mode" would be useful in a similar way.

In addition I spend significant amounts of time in hospital where I can get radio (depending on which ward) but wouldn't be allowed my mobile phone on. (hospital radio is generally very poor.)

I hope you feel big and strong now having taken the piss.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-08-27 19:45
Quote:

On 2005-08-27 17:19:30, kingqueen wrote:
Cheeky people.

I don't use the flight mode for flights. As others have posted here it saves battery power and so I use it for that, also when I don't want to receive calls but want the "walkman" on. Having the radio available in "flight mode" would be useful in a similar way.

In addition I spend significant amounts of time in hospital where I can get radio (depending on which ward) but wouldn't be allowed my mobile phone on. (hospital radio is generally very poor.)

I hope you feel big and strong now having taken the piss.

No worries matey or matey-ess,

This is the forum of the piss and not in a bad way. I have a thread full of questions that I have asked. I know about the flight mode and the reason for it. You might however want to flash your phone to red software as this is a production version rather than developer.

kingqueen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-27 23:10
hi,

cheers.

do you know how to flash the phone to a red version? I would like to but DaVinci (and the SEUS) refuses, at least with the dcu-60 provided with the phone. I'd rather try and avoid sending it off under the guarentee, partly as I've probably voided it by flashing it to a W800 and partly as I've had enough pfaffing about with it anyway (replaced twice by insurance)

cheers

Doug
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-08-27 23:37
Quote:

On 2005-08-27 23:10:05, kingqueen wrote:
hi,

cheers.

do you know how to flash the phone to a red version? I would like to but DaVinci (and the SEUS) refuses, at least with the dcu-60 provided with the phone. I'd rather try and avoid sending it off under the guarentee, partly as I've probably voided it by flashing it to a W800 and partly as I've had enough pfaffing about with it anyway (replaced twice by insurance)

cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

I know that the instructions are on the Davinciteam site. As I have a z800 instead, I can not offer you much advice however, I know that there are several threads and people here that have used it to flash. If I can find a thread I will post here, but in the meantime, do a quick search. You should get some hits.

Cheers

ahlong
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-08-29 21:28
can the slider on the camera work after u flash to w800i?
kingqueen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-29 22:21
yes slider works in k750 flashed to w800.

I understand it is not possible to flash brown to red using DaVinci. I suspect also that the crap outfit I used to unlock my phone converted it to brown, which I am not happy about.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi