Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Themes, ringtones, screensavers, games, video clips > How to install a Java game or application onto a Sony Ericsson phone.

Previous  1234  Next
Author How to install a Java game or application onto a Sony Ericsson phone.
Freemusic
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-01 03:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
OK einsteins....how in the world does the data structure for installing the java games work?...call me stupid....but for the life of me....i cannot seem to install the stupid games that i stole from lemonshare....

what the hell am i doing wrong....in reading ur direction....it seems easy enuff...but i copied and paste the files into the games directory and it didn't work...the phone did not recognize the files at all...i tried using the stupid sony ericsson file manager...and it won't let me create the folder games at the root of the phone memory....now it will let me create the folder games on the memory card...and i copied the stolen games onto the memory card folder....but it still isn't working....

obviously its not as straight forward as u einsteins says it is...
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-08-01 14:12
hi

how hard can it be to copy a file in the OTHER folder?

just go to your memory stick or phone's memory and copy the game in the OTHER folder. once you've copied the file in the folder, in your celphone, press MENU, FILE MANAGER, OTHER. there you will see the file you copied. select it and press INSTALL, then you will select where you want it to get stored.

hope you will figure it out
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Freemusic
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-01 19:02
Install?....there is no install executable....i have been able to copy all the *.class files and *.png files and everything else to the directories.....i tried putting it in the games directory....i tried putting it in the others directory...my W810i just is not recognizing it...i'm not completely stupid...when i click on the others file using the cell phone...it sees the files to be used as transfer files via MMS or Bluetooth or Infrared....if its a *.png file then the phone recognizes it as a picture to be viewed...but that's about it....

i went to http://www.myw810.a site/W810i/Games/

and downloaded just one of those games to try out....it comes with a bunch of *.class files but no install files....how do you "install"????
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-08-01 21:45
you dont have to open the file, just drag and drop it.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-08-01 21:57
this is what you get when you open the game(.jar file)

you dont have to do anything with those files.

you just have to copy the game:

note: the game i downloaded it's called chavo
Freemusic
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-09 03:15
umm...so...i don't have to extract the jar file?...lolz...are u freaking serious....how stupid is that...hold on...let me try the freaking damn thing...
Freemusic
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-09 03:27
oh hell no it didn't work...piece of shiet...i dragged and drop the whole jar file into the games directory...and i tried the other directory...and the piece of shiet still didn't work...damn...i swear...maybe its my freaking phone...

fawk it...i give up...i'm gonna buy me a freaking I-phone...
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-08-09 03:40
youre doing something wrong then. tell me step by step what youre doing
Freemusic
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-09 03:52
i downloaded the file....saved it on a temp file on my pc...and then i used the sony ericson file manager tool that came with the phone to move the jar file from the temp directory on my pc...to the games files on the sony memory stick....i even tried moving it to the application directory...as well as the other directory....its ok...i've given up....its not worth all this hassel....i've always known sony to be crap....i'm just one more testament to their level of crap...
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-08-09 03:55
can you copy the location where you saved the file on your phone?
Freemusic
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-09 04:06
this is the data directory structure....

steviegod
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-10 13:18
2iceman,thank u for the post,however when i download it to my phone the only option i have is to send it,i cant play it,any insight?
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-08-10 13:49
@freemusic: it's correct the place where they are placed. in your phone file manager, go to other, select the game and press install. it will ask you whether you wanna save it in games or applications.

@stevie: you probably are installing a unsopported file on your phone. maybe the file is compressed(.rar or .zip), decompress it and you'd be able to play your game
ROSAN
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-19 10:23
Thanks TRANCED
Your tutorial helps me to install games and applications in my k750i. I have already installed some jar files and they are working fine.
Still theses something I wanted to know.
How do I extract jar files from zip or rar files. Plz post in the simplest way as you can?
I already know to download and install jar files. So you just have to tell HOW TO EXTRACT JAR FILES FROM zip or rar compressed files.
jenlu
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-23 16:24
tranced,

steviegod is right. i'm having the same problem on my W200. i don't have an "install" function on my phone either. the only option i have is to send it out... it's freaking irritating
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi