Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > iPod (mini) explanitary

Author iPod (mini) explanitary
Glenny
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-09 13:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Im thinking of getting an ipod mini (green 6gb if it matters) but its more complicated than i expected, i would appreciate it if someone could explain it all (podcasts, itunes, (it even says it has upgradeable firmware))

Thanks to all contributers
Lost Count Official Website My Band! and the forum for it!
404'd!
Jesus loves you, but everyone else hates you...
kramer_hpal
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-09 13:47
what u wanna know??? lol, yes ,it has an upgradable firmware; you can update your ipod when Apple makes new one. podcasts are radio-station things. you download them to your computer then upload it to your ipod, then Apple makes you think you re listening radio on ipod. f**kin apple, why they just dont put a REAL radio receiver in ipod...

Btw, i have linux on my ipod mini. maybe most of u wont believe but do a search on google about "iPod Linux Project". lol
Glenny
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-09 13:53
to be honest, i have no idea what linux is,
anyway i wanna know about iTunes firewire, how to upgrade FW and what it does, how to lower the file size of a song using that loser thing that apple have, just all the complicated stuff explained
404'd!
gardar
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-09 21:01
www.ipodlinux.org Linux is the best operating system ever made! But if you want a real mp3 player, get iRiver pmp! I have one and it is a real iPod ass-kicker! it takes too long to say all the features here. check it out yourself www.iriver.com - and yeah, by the way, it runs on linux
P800 - P910i - P1i - and some non-P phones...
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-08-10 11:56
There's nothing that complicated really - it is Apple after all...

To upgrade the firmware, you download a new firmware update from the Apple web-site, plug your iPod into the computer, run the firmware updater you previously downloaded and it does the rest.

Firewire is just one of the cable connections you can use with an iPod. The other is USB 2.0. Firewire is the same connection as used on all DV Camcorders and is fast.

If you're not so technically minded, definately get an iPod as they are the easiest to use digital music player on the market. Apple products are legendary for their ease of use. You won't be bamboozled by meaningless jargon. Apple makes everything as easy as possible.

Compare the user interface of an iPod to some of its competitors... only now are they starting to copy the interface from Apple. Some rival players list filesize, bitrate, Kbps, sample rate, format etc on the main user interface! Why would you need to know that just to listen to music?

iTunes is the application you use to import, organize and copy music on the iPod. It's regarded by many as the best digital music management software available, even if you don't own an iPod.

You can download iTunes for free from www.apple.com/itunes/ to play around with before buying an iPod.
Davo_169
T650 Gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-10 13:26
i had itunes way before i got ma pod and it kicks ass

@jools
its amazing how easy apple is to use...and yet they are one of the industry leaders with regards to multimedia editing etc etc
Melik
T630
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-10 17:32
it isn't really logical to buy an iPod mini 6GB att if you don't care 'bout the size

iPod 6GB mini = 250$ (no color screen, no ac adapter)
iPod 4G 20GB Color = 300$ (Color screen, AC Adapter worth 60-70$)

and it has the classic white iPod style...

btw, the new microdrive 8 & 10GB HD's (which the iPod mini uses) gonna come later this year...

who knows, maybe apple's gonna make 8 & 10GB mini's

and a FM tuner would be awesome too

for more info about the iPod, www.ipodlounge.com (great site )
The Knowledge of the Past, is the Key to the Future.

I'm sorry for my bad english. Please Correct my wrong sentences.
Galatasaray since 1905
Glenny
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-10 22:14
ok thanks all, checking out the sites now
404'd!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi