Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Darvin a NUT?

Author Darvin a NUT?
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 14:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2005-07-14 10:20:37, Jim wrote:
...Yeah molecules . Didn't you read my previous post ?

Molecules are made up of Elements which are collections of atoms, which are made up of smaller parts (yet another theory). Who created these?
Quote:

Denying evolution is denying genetic, which is impossible.

Genetics and Creation are not mutually exclusive. I believe God makes the decisions in the womb though, and the Bible confirms it.
Quote:

As I said earlier, Evolution is promoted by those who don't want to acknowledge the existence of God...

...And the contrary goes the same.

No, I don't agree. I was taught Evolution at school and had no problem with it. I later became a Christian and found that Creation and Evolution clash in several areas. I have seen video's by Christian Apologists who have arguments against Evolution. I have weighed up the evidence for both sides and decided that Creation is the most reasonable. That's my opinion, you don't have to agree. I'll still like you But in a debate such as this I will try to refute what I see as errors.
I hope you will do the same.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 14:12
Found this:

http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm348793.html

Worth a read.
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 14:21
Mmm... quite good but it doesn't really back up its assertions in detail.

#9, that bit about rock strata and the flood - I've seen an in depth Christian documentary on that subject which was quite convincing.

@Jim, I hope I don't appear harsh, I don't mean to be, I'm just passionate about this subject.

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2005-07-14 13:24 ]
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 14:44
Quote:
Molecules are made up of Elements which are collections of atoms, which are made up of smaller parts (yet another theory). Who created these?

Yes, I agree but we can go deaper than quarks now with technology, I think that we aren't advanced enough to understand or go even deeper but seeing this way I accept the fact that something happened (big bang) from what or who, I don't know but, yeah, it can be God or it can be something else that we don't/can't understand. It's just the fact that only humans where created that I don't approve.

From the link I quote this from a comment

Quote:
Creationism has no theory, no facts and no proof. Until a "third way" comes along I guess we'll all be kept in the dark on this one

But some other's comments/points of the author are based on little knowledge of genetics.

And why on different parts of the world are we different (African, Asian and so on ) while we came all from one person (don't have any knowledge of the Bible, so sorry if it's wrong) ?

Edit: Oh yeah, another example of "evolution" (adpatation which can ends in an evolution ) is the virus/bacteria, each year it adapts to new medicat ion beeing stronger. Look at the Aids virus, 1 month a go a new type emerged, bacteria are the prime example of evolution, they are the first also

[ This Message was edited by: Jim on 2005-07-14 13:54 ]
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 14:58
I found a good link...

http://www.biblelife.org/evolution.htm

pls read mr jim...
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:06
Quote:

On 2005-07-14 14:44:37, Jim wrote:
...And why on different parts of the world are we different (African, Asian and so on ) while we came all from one person (don't have any knowledge of the Bible, so sorry if it's wrong) ?

See Genesis 11: 1-9, The account of the Tower of Babel. Perhaps a change of skin colour went along with the change of languages? Certainly it's not impossible for people to adapt a dark suntan over 4000 years.
Quote:

Edit: Oh yeah, another example of "evolution" (adpatation which can ends in an evolution ) is the virus/bacteria, each year it adapts to new medicat ion beeing stronger. Look at the Aids virus, 1 month a go a new type emerged, bacteria are the prime example of evolution, they are the first also

Hmm... good point, I'm momentarily stumped!
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:12
The science of genetics is used to catch criminals, one day it may be used by the Police to help you. This same science has proven that Humans and primates are very closely related genetically. I don't have a problem with this as it is a simple, plain fact. My late Parents didn't live in a zoo either. The Wolf and a Labrador Retriever are related, surely you can see that! One didn't evolve from the other, they both came from a common ancestor and evolved differently. Humans can speak. Apes also communicate.

This message was posted from a T610

Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:13
Ah, I don't have a Bible Would love to read the part you posted but I can't

Btw I recommend to read after pyro's comments in the link from meths
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:24
@786: I started to read the link you posted until I saw this

Quote:
If natural selection were true Eskimos would have fur to keep warm, but they don't. They are just as hairless and everyone else. If natural selection were true humans in the tropics would have silver, reflective skin to help them keep cool, but they don't. They have black skin, just the opposite of what the theory of natural selection would predict. If natural selection were true humans at northern latitudes should have black skin, but they have white skin instead. The theory of natural selection is wrong because it cannot create something in the DNA that wasn't there in the beginning.

This prove that the author has very very very little knowledge of biology and therefore doesn't need my attention anymore. Sorry.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:25
@carkitter. You have just proved the theory. Over thousands of years humans did adapt to changes in temperature as they migrated across the globe. If they had not 'adapted' the scandinavian population would surely look very different today would they not?

carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:32
Pyro's Proposed Concept sounds like gobbledy gook to me...
I believe there are online bibles, I've not looked personally, I post a link if I can find one.

@786KBR
I like that link, they go a bit overboard on the brainwashing though!

@goldenface
So your saying that if I get sunburnt this summer, I become a new species of Human? Cool! To bad P T Barnum aint around anymore... I could be rich!

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2005-07-14 14:37 ]
paulbang
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:38
@carkitter i completely agree with you. . . The tower of babel incident caused God to make us all different- thats also when languages-newer ones that is started. Most scientists here know whats been taught to them or in better words what other men before them have written. See, if you look at medical history you'll see how certain men are gifted cures and remedies by God- ones that cannot be attributed to technology. its true in many other fields that suddenly at God's appointed time we will get cures to killers like aids etc through the work of people guided by him- thats what i believe.What knowledge we have is so so limited and its revealed to up graduly- thats why we don't know everything and tiny objects like bacteria are so interesting- yet we can't unravel its mysteries is our minds just can't seek out answers- its only when GOD wants us to know that we know- in His time
dont your thumbs hurt??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:39
@carkitter. I am saying that if you and your descendants continued to be sunburnt for most of the year for the next thousands of years then your skin will produce more mellanin in order to protect you from the sun damaging rays permanently. And so your skin would be darker.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2005-07-14 18:37 ]
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:46
Allright, I read a bit and the author goes from the creation of us to evolution. So, first he talks that evolution can't be and then goes to our creation can't be other than God. Hum hum, I thought we talked about evolution, clearly he doesn't make a difference between the two.

You can also clearly see when he makes his own conclusion whitout even verifying: point 6, 9, 10 and 11

Quote:
The mutation changes are random, unpredictable errors that cause crippling diseases, loss of function and the destruction of the host person or animal. Mutations destroy the species. They do not improve the species.

That is totally wrong ! Look at the Aids virus ! Sorry but it's full of error but some points are interesting to have more views from other persons or from the other side

Go back outside, see ya tonight
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:49
@carkitter. No, twisting my words to suit your own dubious response is not the answer I was expecting ;-) You're telling me you can't see a correllation between people in warmer climes having darker skin and those of us in colder climes being of a fairer complexion? Truthfully?

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic