Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Previous  123 ... 524525526 ... 181018111812  Next
Author South African mobile discussion
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-19 10:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@ Wanqa, any chance I can get one of those blue s60 ones as well? If no one wants them, I would like one. The little clip part looks smooth...Thanx bro!
medusa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 10:41
Hi everyone,

I'm the newest SE fan on the block. Got my hands on a W810i last week and I'm just simply stunned! There are no words to describe what this phone does to me, but all I can say is that I feel more... COMPLETE! I've never really been a fan of gadgets like this, but my new best friend just does it for me!

@da krypsta: that's a really bad move on your part for "misplacing" your buddies marriage certificate. Hope you find it!

amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 11:01
Welcome to the SA thread medusa, and welcome to the fold as well.

Yeah, I really hope that the Kryptik One finds that marriage certificate...

Our unabridged marriage certificate,which we needed for the red tape here, had to be returned 3 times to the department due to them repeatedly getting the info on there incorrect!

@ Francois,
That's fine. A blue S60 one will be included.
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-19 11:09
@ medusa, welcome here! lots of SE fans, good talk, whatever you need...

@ wanqa, thanx bro! much appreciated!

So my mission right now is to get a myspace.com site for my music, as incomplete as it might be. Internet is full of crap as usual...post a link as soon as it is up...
medusa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 11:45
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, much appreciated. I'm sure I'll have a blast being the newbie and all!
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-19 13:06
Anyone seen the latest specials from MTN? They've got an awesome offer for the W300i...for a 24 month contract at R129/month you get a 1Gig M2 card, SE's portable desktop speakers and three free music downloads from the MTNLoaded portal.

Is it just me...is anyone getting calls from agents offering cellphone contracts/loans? At least twice a week I'm getting these calls and it's starting to annoy me...today I was uncharacteristically rude after answering the phone just to be bombarded by marketing BS. I put the phone down.

Greetings to our newest member...medusa, hope you enjoy this thread.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-19 13:12
Okay, now that is low...the only way we can combat this is to screw the marketers: you ask them to tell you about all their packages in as much detail as possible, then put the phone down and only say "mmmm" and "yes" and "ahhh" every now and again if you remember they are there...If you happen to catch them at the end of the whole speech, then make sure you say "Sorry, I am not interrested." and hopefully if enough people do it, and do it enough, we can all bankrupt these cell phone telemarketers....it is the only way...It is time to play dirty....
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-19 13:20
@francoislr: Thing is I do not have the time to be listening to the endless BS- I need to work and get as much out of my day as possible.

If they had done their homework they would've seen that I'm happy with my Vodacom contract and I do not want to enrich the banks of this country by taking out unneccesary loans which they want me to spend on frivolous items like cellphones, laptops and flat screen tv's and then screw me when I can't pay back the money.
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-19 13:50
@ brix, the "mmmm"s and "aah"s are optional...the last thing i would do is listen to the blabber...i will put down my phone on the table and if I remember make sounds of agreement every now and again=)
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 13:54
No wonder we have to listen to Tito holding forth on "an upswing in consumer spending", i'm getting those flipping calls too.

@Medusa, welcome to the thread. Nice phone you've got there... i particularly like the quality of the pix which it takes.

I found the marriage certificate, btw, exactly where i left it, in the same folder where i'd kept the wedding speeches. Oh, and thanx for the Danish blue cheese, there's only a sliver left!
I'm not superstitious, merely mildly stitious.
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-19 14:09
@francoislr: How about telling them to f**** off because they're wasting my precious time, that could've been spent doing something meaningful instead being asked retarded questions.

Everyday I'm reminded that we live in a matrix...they've got my ID number, they know where I live, they know where I do my shopping and they know my spending habits...with all that information at their disposal they come up with a group strategy to target me. What is scary is that the people who possess this information is not our beloved government but private companies who could ostensibly use the information to pimp me out to the highest bidder...in this case FlexiCell.
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-19 14:21
@ brix, go check this out, and make your own complaint on www.hellopeter.com and see if you get help...

http://www.hellopeter.com/details.asp?id=79597
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-19 14:41
Are we going to hit 8000 posts before November 5...remember, remember the fifth of November?
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-19 15:44
@ brix, i think we should make it before then...i will just have to post more crap=)

Here is a boring article saying SE rocks....
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/[....]19/sa_world_phone_sales_q3_06/
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 17:20
Yeah, I've been wondering about hitting the 8k target by our 2nd birthday for some time; I know we hit the 4k mark before the first birthday, so it would be great to see that this is what we've at least averaged out at again.
There was a time earlier this year and late last year, when there was a definite lull and it was pretty much 'The 3 Amigos' trying to keep this forum turning over...and thanks to a few other regulars and a certain W900i owner ( ) , who has contributed greatly in this period of the forum's history, that we're enjoying a great purple patch again, and may indeed hit the 8k mark around Guy Fawkes.
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 524525526 ... 181018111812  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic