Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple Presents iPhone 4

Previous  123 ... 525354 ... 697071  Next
Author Apple Presents iPhone 4
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 17:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Finally got a fully working iphone4. Thank you to o2 for making it an easy process to get it exchanged.

Anyone recommend a good case? One with the back covered as well and preferrably with some grip. The glass back lets the phone slide on an uneven surface.

I do have to say though, feels like I bought the same phone again.

About the iphone in general, I do agree with etaab that it has been a PR mess up by Apple, for me they messed up on all levels, design for the antenna, pr for blaming others, delivery because they didn't make enough and final product because the first one I recieved was faulty.

That said, I still have one, why? It doesn't do everything but what it does it does very well! However, after this one, I don't expect to be buying another iphone - I'll be really sick of it by then.

Etaab, I don't believe it's fashion that's selling this phone. Its the hype. That hype is something a phone like satio or elm cannot hold because they are not the same quality products as the iphone. Can you imagine if Apple made the Apple Satio Somehow I don't think it would sell as well.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 18:27
By the way, Engadget has confirmed that IPhone 4 comes unlocked out-of-the-box but get locked when activated on ITunes.

I'm getting one this afternoon.
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-02 14:13
There are quite a few reports emerging of the official Apple bumper causing damage to the steel band in the way of dull marks and scratches.

Can anybody here that has been using an official bumper for a couple of weeks check theirs and report back?

julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-08-02 14:26
Oh dear that looks terrible!
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-02 14:41
@Julias

Yeah a few friends of mine are suffering the same fate but not quite as bad as the pic, that said in time it may well lead to the same!

Domecot
Apple Iphone 5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-02 15:13

On 2010-08-02 14:13:59, Nanu wrote:
There are quite a few reports emerging of the official Apple bumper causing damage to the steel band in the way of dull marks and scratches.

Can anybody here that has been using an official bumper for a couple of weeks check theirs and report back?

Wow, this stinks big time! I wonder how did the bumper manage to do that? It's like it had chinks of metal between the antenna and bumper. That iPhone looks old too. Like some old knife being used a lot.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-08-02 15:47
Does this deserve a replacement?
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-02 15:47
@Domecot

None of my friends have any grit/dirt/metal in between the phone and bumper, just the smooth finish of the bumper is some how causing the marks!

@Tranced

Of course it deserves a replacement, but until it is apparent that the Bumper is causing the issue it will be hard to prove and easy for Apple to deny
[ This Message was edited by: Nanu on 2010-08-02 14:49 ]
Domecot
Apple Iphone 5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-02 15:56
@ Nanu, I know that they don't have anything that ay do that damage to the STEEL antenna.
It's just if there was some kind of pieces of rock or big sand... It's just unbelievable!
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-08-02 15:59
Recent events have proven that Apple are pretty good at denying that a problem exists and it seems the only way to get their attention is for them to get some bad press and suddenly they are all like and i quote Steve Jobs "We love our customers" he seemed to have repeated "We love our customers" more than a few times in the recent antennagate press conference I think everytime a new IP4 problem shows up everyone should mass email Apple and say "Where is the love steve?" maybe that will prompt them to take action faster?

SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2010-08-02 17:46
The iPhone Dev-Team (Comex) has released JailbreakMe 2.0 (aka Star) which can jailbreak all iOS devices on their latest respective firmware like iOS 4.0 / 4.0.1. This does not work with iOS 4.1 Beta release. Since JailbreakMe 2.0 is a userland jailbreak, what this means is that you run it right in your iOS Safari browser to jailbreak the device. It cant get simpler than that !

iPhone 4 Jailbreak

Cheers
[ This Message was edited by: SE-Naz on 2010-08-02 16:47 ]
Barachus
W800
PM
Posted: 2010-08-02 17:54
that looks terrible! do you live in a desert area?
seriously though, i have been using a bumper since launch and i havent got scratches like that, but i have heard stories of people getting sand and grit in the bumpers and it scratching up the band

that jailbreak was the easiest i had ever done, did it last night and took all of about 3mins to complete
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-02 19:17

On 2010-08-02 17:54:20, NoKia wrote:
that looks terrible! do you live in a desert area?
seriously though, i have been using a bumper since launch and i havent got scratches like that, but i have heard stories of people getting sand and grit in the bumpers and it scratching up the band

That isn't my phone... that is perhaps the worst case of the problem...

Of all the people reporting this issue none have sand or dust under the bumpers just pure bumper touching the stainless steel.....
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-08-02 23:30
Didnt someone way back, earlier in this very thread report such damage to their handset using such a case ?

If so, could this be the start of Antennagate part 2, or maybe Bumpergate ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
scouser_75
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2010-08-03 01:10

On 2010-08-02 17:46:56, SE-Naz wrote:
The iPhone Dev-Team (Comex) has released JailbreakMe 2.0 (aka Star) which can jailbreak all iOS devices on their latest respective firmware like iOS 4.0 / 4.0.1. This does not work with iOS 4.1 Beta release. Since JailbreakMe 2.0 is a userland jailbreak, what this means is that you run it right in your iOS Safari browser to jailbreak the device. It cant get simpler than that !

iPhone 4 Jailbreak

Cheers
[ This Message was edited by: SE-Naz on 2010-08-02 16:47 ]

I just did the Jailbreak. But now every time I go into safari it crashes.

I tried a restore but am now getting a message saying my "iPhone is damaged" and that I should take it to an Apple Store!!

Help, anyone, please
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 525354 ... 697071  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic