Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-16 20:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2004-11-16 19:27:27, PIANOSSO wrote:
@Sammy_boy
Yes you can live a good life, being a nice person, but isn't enough. Ignoring the existence of God is a sin, as Bible says. Also it says that "all people had sinned, being devoid of the God's eclat." In other words, human beings inherited the original sin, (Adam & Eve) so they (we) are sinner by default. Our good way of living our lifes becomes useless.

I'm afraid I don't agree there! Why aren't humans capable of living good, honest lives without needing some 'mythical' being (possibly a more technically advanced alien/time traveller - someone living 2,000 years ago might think you a god if you showed them a TV, car, or a P900! ) telling them what to do.

I believe that heaven and hell is in our own hands. Rather than sitting on our behinds waiting for this 'all powerful' being to come and sort out all the messes we've gotten ourselves into, we need to do something ourselves as a species. The next step humanity can make is take control of our own destinies, think more as a group (or I daresay 'team'!) and not individualistically. It is only US, HUMAN BEINGS, that can make heaven become a reality. Sadly, many have become sidetracked and seduced by 'satanic' emotions like greed, materialism, selfishness, and religious fundamentalism. At the moment, we seem to be creating our own pretty realistic hell.

EDIT: @Blackbauer, my apolgies if I'm threadjacking or taking this thread away from your original aims, let me know if you want me to stop posting here!

My Ebay AuctionsLoony Tunes/Pokemon tazos!

[ This Message was edited by: Sammy_boy on 2004-11-16 19:38 ]
Neekos
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-11-16 23:13
@Sammy_boy,

I hear what you are saying and even though it's not what I think, you are more than entitled to hold it. I suppose @Pianosso is speaking from a Christian and Biblical point of view which I agree with from a Christian perspective. How you see the Bible (in terms of how literal, symbolic, mixture of both etc) will determine your view of what it means. Without wishing to go into a long discussion of the Bible, we have to be aware of the different types of literature in the Bible (e.g. poetry, prose, apocalytpic, historical, epistle (letter), narrative, wisdom etc) to be able to get a better and clearer understanding of it (not that I'm saying that I understand everything!!!). It's not as alien or irrelevant as some people think (I'm not saying you were implying that @Sammy_boy)

Blessings,

Neekos
Neekos
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-11-16 23:19
Guys and gals,

Does your faith determine what kind of films at the cinema you watch? Do you think it's wrong as a Christian to watch "Bad Boy 2" or "Man on Fire" for example, or should we only watch films like "Toy Story" or "Lord of the Rings"? What do you think? (especially you BB24!)

Neekos
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-11-16 23:43
Quote:

On 2004-11-16 17:54:24, BlackBauer24 wrote:
@ Neekos, you need to work on those sermons mate, there way too short. you can get some good tips from Benny Hinn on the God channel tonight.

This message was posted from a P910

I'm sorry, but Benny Hinn is one of the biggest hypocrites out there.

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/h01.html

I'm not saying that hes representative of Christianity as a whole, but hes definitely not a representative of what Christianity is supposed to stand for.

Unless theres a joke i missed... [addsig]
BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 00:51
@ kimcheeboi your right, it was supposed to be a joke just not very good one :) @ Neekos, you know i'm only teasing i eagerly await your response.

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 00:53
@Sammy_boy

His Holiness The Dalai Lama teaches us that it is better to be a good human being than it is to be a good religious person, a message I very much agree with with. In fact His Holiness recently advised people not to all rush out and become Buddhists; His Holiness said that if people found it too difficult to follow the practices of Buddhism they should just say "F**k it!".

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-11-16 23:55 ]
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 01:08
Quote:

On 2004-11-17 00:51:11, BlackBauer24 wrote:
@ kimcheeboi your right, it was supposed to be a joke just not very good one @ Neekos, you know i'm only teasing i eagerly await your response.

I was thinking "YOU CANT POSSIBLY BE SERIOUS..."

has anyone actually watched his show? The 'miracle' parts are the best! [addsig]
maddav
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 01:11
I've seen other shows with 'miracles' and they're all a bit lame, and (quite obviously) staged.

Televangelist: Are you blinded by Satan's evil?!?!????
Member of Crowd: N....Y..Yes

kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 01:12
oh this guy literally pretneds to kock people out with the power of god...

a big joke really

Thank god most christians arent like televangelists [addsig]
Neekos
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 01:47
@kimcheeboi

BB24's never been good at jokes. I keep telling him but he won't listen! I'm trying to help him but he's not a very good student. A bit like Yoda trying to teach the Tweenies to fight Darth Vader!! (Only joking BB24!).

Neekos
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 01:53
should have added a smiley and you would have had me slappin my knees [addsig]
BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 02:45
@ Neekos, you know i like to watch a good movie as much as you do, 241 orange wednesday this week mate? but seriously the majority of films we often watch at times happens to contain a high level of violence in them, and although i would like to think many of us on this forum are not violent people and wouldnt condone such behavior, do we? because there seems to be something compelling about watching violent or disturbing films which i cant seem to explain, other than admitting i enjoy many of them, but to answer your question is there anything wrong with watching certain types of films, i would have to say yes and no, it really all depends see the LOTR films were very violent but they are considered family films, while Harry (witchcraft) potter is aimed at kids! woah sorry to cut this short folks its 1:40am time i went to bed i'm up at 7:00am goodnight all.

Neekos
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 09:19
Good point @kimcheeboi. I don't use the smileys much, but I'll remember next time!
fetzi
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 11:17
Talking about films: what do you all think of 'Life of Brian'?

I admit I love this film - though I know a few people taking it as blashemical and a profanity. .
Pop! Goes The Hamster... And Other Great Microwave Games
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 12:05
I think it's great- a very funny and satirical film!

It's a shame some of the religious establishment can't laugh at themselves- good on those that can!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic