Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > MyPhoneExplorer 1.8 available !

Previous  123 ... 567 ... 676869  Next
Author MyPhoneExplorer 1.8 available !
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-11-08 10:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
That thread shows that the files are encrypted or 'digital rights protected' to prevent file transfer, therfore Zillertaler is correct. No current software can overcome the encryption or protection.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
Salisbury_Steak
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2005-11-09 13:15
Hi guys, just dloaded MPE and I must say that I'm VERY happy with it. I downloaded fma and still can't get it to connect to my phone as of the moment. The mpe offered a very nice, if not better software.

Just one question guys, when I go to the options. How much baudrate and OBEX packetsize should I choose to have optimal data transfer?
SE Fanboy trying a Nokia...
numb
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-11-09 18:27
Im using 921600 baud, 4096 packetsize with my K750 and the USB cable - works a treat

Either start with the highest settings, test, and then work your way down if you have any problems. Or test all of them and see which gives you best performance.

Salisbury_Steak
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2005-11-10 05:46
I see, I thought that there was a rule of some sort. Basically, higher baudrate means higher transfer speed right?

But what is packetsize for?

[ This Message was edited by: Salisbury_Steak on 2005-11-10 04:48 ]
jonathanp
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-12 12:56
Hello,

Just started using this yesterday, and its fantastic!!!! Much faster and stable than FMA. In the guestbook on the official site, i asked about the chance of transferring my archive SMS from FMA to MPE.

The difference between the 2 is the format that they are saved. I exported from FMA and had a look at the CSV to see what it was made up of. A lot of useless data. The MPE seems to be in this format:

ARCHIV,[num1],[num2],[PDU],[Date]

So i took the right data from the CSV and recontructed the SMS.dat file for MPE. From the creator, I just need one or two things answered if possible:

1) [num1] seems to say whether sent or received, right? I think 1 is for IN and 3 is for OUT. Can you confirm??

2) What is [num2] for? is it just a number???

Any help would be great. Once i can transfer my SMS then I can get rid of FMA for good!!!

=========
Suggestions
=========

- Folder List for file explorer
- preview window for photo files
- Ability to create folders for the Messages Archive

Great Work!!!

JP
zillertaler
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-12 20:25
[num2] is the internal storagenumber of the phone. But let it be, i made a converter - look at my guestbook, i answered.

Folderlist -> next Version
Picture preview -> select the file-rightclick-properties, in the next version there is a direct poreview in the filebrowser.
Folders in SMS-Archive will take a while

Best regards FJ
Salisbury_Steak
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2005-11-14 11:07
@ ZillerTaler:

1. Is there a way to delete notes in the phone? (Or have I just not found it yet?)
2. Is there a way to have the calendar show appointments in am/pm time?

[ This Message was edited by: Salisbury_Steak on 2005-11-14 10:11 ]
josephhh
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-14 13:02
great program!

i wonder if there's a way to backup the "birthday" info in contacts. i occassionaly check the birthday of friends and because i restored the contacts from pc (from outlook actually), i can no longer check the birthday in contacts. now i've checked mpe contacts and there's no field for birthday. i can take a search in the calendar because it's recurring, but i actually want the birthday saved and backup-ed in contacts. Thanks!
Maelstrom
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-14 18:18
Hot damn, this is extremely sexy!

Thank you very very much for putting together such an awesome little program zillertaler!

A "small" request for the next version of MPE that I think a lot of users would find handy:

Could you please include support for importing from the 'ical' calendar format? (please please please) It is used by a number of popular applications including Mozilla Calendar/Sunbird (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/) and Rainlendar (http://vapaa.dc.inet.fi/~rainy/index.php).

At this point in time users are forced to use the SonyEricsson software and syncronise with Microsoft Outlook. Personally I prefer to use alternate email clients and Rainlendar (highly recommended program if anyone here hasn't tried it before) which can export to and use ical files. Unfortunately there is no easy way for me to syncronise this with my phone and so I must either manually enter everything in or live without.

I know it might be difficult to do but if you can it would be very very awesome.

If you would like some additional info on the ical standard, here are some starter links:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2445.txt (official spec)
http://www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC2445/Output/ (official spec in easier to read format)
http://www.innerjoin.org/iCalendar/ (a whole bunch of extra information)

Once again thank you for all your hard work!

[ This Message was edited by: Maelstrom on 2005-11-14 17:20 ]
zillertaler
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-14 18:31
@Salisbury_Steak: Notes only work with K700 and some other modells, AM/PM in calendar: i don't think this is important.

@josephhh: Birthdays can be edited in the next version

@Maelstrom: ical is already implemented. Daylist in calendar>rightclick>Export/Import>Import... - select the filter "Sunbird ical Format"

[ This Message was edited by: zillertaler on 2005-11-14 17:32 ]
Maelstrom
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-14 19:13
@zillertaler

Woah! That is the one thing that I've always hoped for in a phone management program. Thank you both for having put it in there in the past and for instructions on how to find it.

I might have to see if I can work out how to send you a small donation through paypal
Salisbury_Steak
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2005-11-15 08:41
Thanks for the quick response as well Zillertaler. Amazing program.

I just uninstalled fma. hahaha.
SE Fanboy trying a Nokia...
reubenernest
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-15 09:48
Hi,
Great simple software. Would like to report a bug (I think). I have done an update from 1.x to 1.2.x. But still in the SMS inbox the name of the sender is not showing up. I have synchronised my addressed book but still the same.
Another suggestion, would it possible in the next version to select the location of archive directory?
SlyT
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-11-15 11:06
Hi,

Is this compatible with x64 environments, or would I need to wait for the w800i x64 drivers and then it would work automatically ?

Thanks

(I can run it on a non x64 machine, which is where im having to do a lot of odd bits, but I would prefer to be able to do more on the x64. Now the SE phone explorer definiatley wont work on x64, but if yours could that would be perfect - ta)
trance
K610 silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-16 01:23
how about a global hotkey for sending sms?
--> Daily Mobile <---
www.dailymobile.se
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 676869  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic