Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia Z Officially Announced

Previous  123 ... 454647 ... 220221222  Next
Author Xperia Z Officially Announced
burnin
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-28 11:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I think its stupid to go so technical on camera specs on a smartphone! I think no one its going to use a smartphone as a semi-professional photographer!

I still believe my Satio cam its better than my Xperia S. I take some macro shots at home and i like more the detail and light of Satio, but the colors on Xperia S are more natural

I Pre Order my Xperia Z and the use i will give to my camera its a normal and casual use so the 13 Mpxl cam it will be more than enough to me.

I think Xperia Z its becoming a piece of jealous to other fan boys like Samsung or Nokia or even Iphonne users because realy its a piece of art!

Amigo Brasileiro tem calma, isto é um forum de smartphone da Sony, não é um forum de máquinas fotográficas! Relaxa irmão!!!
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-01-28 11:56

On 2013-01-28 05:26:30, Indiandawg wrote:
GUYS RELAX!

He's got some valid points. He's talking on paper you also reply on paper. No need to prove Sony is the best for you cause everybody has a different taste and if you love Sony, it's not necessary he should love it so chapter ends there.

If all the above on paper evidence makes Lumia 920 a better camera than XZ, big F? are you guys going to shoot a video for Christopher Nolan's next movie? remember with time the technology gets better so even if you want to you will be able to do with time.

@Guarulhos, I'll be honest I did't get anything of all the above evidence you showed how Lumia 920 is better but I would love to understand in a layman's language so tomorrow I know what to expect.

And what's with the caps lock man? what does that try to say? are you loud enough at that point of time?

Agree. Let's not hate on Guarulhos. Nokia has a good team for its camera department (N8, PureView 808, and, yes, Lumia 920) and even though I don't know shit about any of those camera terms, I'd like to see first a photo and video comparison of a final retail Xperia Z and the 920 and any other flagship phones as well. Because none of those aperture, pixel size, and whatnot would matter for most consumers anyway as long as they get the photos they want.
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-01-28 13:24
@Randomuser

Do you have any concrete info on the Xperia Z pricing in India? The folks at xda are going crazy, especially due to these overpriced preorders on eBay India.

1. http://www.ebay.in/itm/Sony-X[....]ile_Phones&hash=item2327775e58

2. http://www.ebay.in/itm/Sony-X[....]ile_Phones&hash=item3cce6faf56

According to Sony stores in Delhi, the Z will be priced around 35k. Sony has reduced the prices of all its handsets in India recently. They've realized India is one of the few markets its doing very well, so a price correction has been made to ensure it continues to do well. So according to me, 36.5k MRP, street price 35k. March 2nd week release is what I've heard. The ZL will come in April.
What say you?
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
tapas123
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-01-28 15:37
^^^wow almost 70k i could buy 2 Z out of that

BTW in the unboxing video.....the dock comes included...but according to their press release the dock doesn't come included

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/w[....]OMC_Xperia_Z_press_release.pdf

is the dock specified for some regions??? not globally??
[ This Message was edited by: tapas123 on 2013-01-28 14:41 ]
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-01-28 15:37
I have seen a first in Turkey with Xperia Z.
This is the first time that a Sony phone is on preorder.
300TL($170) is expected to paid with preorder and retail price will be around 2000TL($1130) in total.

How about that
Forever !!!
pbhat25
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-01-28 18:50

On 2013-01-28 13:24:59, Karun wrote:
@Randomuser
According to Sony stores in Delhi, the Z will be priced around 35k. Sony has reduced the prices of all its handsets in India recently. They've realized India is one of the few markets its doing very well, so a price correction has been made to ensure it continues to do well. So according to me, 36.5k MRP, street price 35k. March 2nd week release is what I've heard. The ZL will come in April.
What say you?

35k is quite good deal for this phone.... Pls Sony Launch it asap!!! Thanks Karun for the price info. I was praying that the price be under 35K.
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-01-28 21:59
What is HDR? Hands-on with the Sony Xperia Z’s camera

admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-01-28 22:32
What's up with people. The easiest way to show how HDR works is to point the camera to the sun. But all we see is interior of buildings and a cloudy day buildings shot. Give me Z I would do 100x times better comparison
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-01-28 23:25
I agree. Hardly a test for the phone's capabilities.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-28 23:47
HDR just makes it a little brighter. Never bothered or even found HDR much good in all honesty
Phone?? What phone??
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-01-29 03:22

On 2013-01-28 23:47:06, Sean72 wrote:
HDR just makes it a little brighter. Never bothered or even found HDR much good in all honesty

No, HDR doesn't work like that. If it makes little brighter, then the whole picture will be bright and making the sun/sky overexpose (too bright). If you want to make the sky underexpose (darker), then the foreground object will be too dark. This is what happen if you don't have HDR and just play around with exposure and brightness.

With HDR, you balance out the two extreme exposures so that both of them (the sky and foreground object) will be correctly exposed. This is done by merging three different exposures into one picture. Long time ago, with DSLR, people use ND filter in front of the lens to balance out the sky and foreground object.

HDR is a very useful feature. Another useful feature that comes with Sony Alpha camera is DRO (Dynamic Range Optimizer) which sort of do the same thing.
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-01-29 03:47
Why the Xperia Z/ZL is going to be great, and better than the rest.
Posted by Pokestory1 on January 26, 2013 05:01 pm 74

The reason? Sony cares. They care about quality and do not cut corners like competition does. They calibrate their displays, use good materials, use on-screen buttons, and features that people appreciate. The Z/ZL have smart features like the battery Stamina mode, and a great design. Sony puts great cameras, they have Micro SD slots, and looks fantastic. Also, Sony doesn't care if you hack their phone, they even help you to do it. XDA gave them OEM of the year, they have an active dev blog, their return to stock app is great, and they give source to devs, and even have official alpha Roms. Because of what Sony does, the Xperia S was in AOSP for a while. Before Sony's problem was making polished hardware, they used cheaper materials and the devices were a bit too large for the size, but now, they are making the best products on the market. The Xperia Z/ZL will be my next, and it should be yours.

Source:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/[....]great-and-better-than-the-rest
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-29 04:42
45 min long video of Z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1igS6G_mdlI
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-01-29 09:43
Here is one example of HDR. I took this with my old Sony camera, no HDR functionality, I had to take 3 different exposure photos and merge them in photoshop (-2 , 0 , +2). Anyway the left photo is taken with 0 exposure, and the right is HDR made in photoshop (I may have messed up with settings a bit too much, but nvm that) This is the kind of photo one should take to compare HDR on and off...

MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-01-29 10:36

On 2013-01-29 09:43:45, admad wrote:
Here is one example of HDR. I took this with my old Sony camera, no HDR functionality, I had to take 3 different exposure photos and merge them in photoshop (-2 , 0 , +2). Anyway the left photo is taken with 0 exposure, and the right is HDR made in photoshop (I may have messed up with settings a bit too much, but nvm that) This is the kind of photo one should take to compare HDR on and off...

Yes, this is how the HDR should perform. The house and sky is correctly exposed. But I think the camera's HDR couldn't do as much as what photoshop can do. Nevertheless, its better than nothing.
[ This Message was edited by: MyP910 on 2013-01-29 09:38 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 454647 ... 220221222  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic