Posted: 2003-07-16 08:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I like the T610, without the Live! icons
caff
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-07-16 08:19
I trust you, JForce ! I really can't wait for the annoucement of these exciting new SE phones line up...........
Mr_P800
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-16 10:18
@JForce: But why?! The user should be the one to decide when they want the flipp off and when they want it on. Perhaps you can persuade SE to change this. Thanks!
P800_Zen_master
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-16 14:45
@JForce

Sorry mate but Pachy has a good point! Having the filp on or off has nothing to do with T9, you can still use T9 with the filp off, if you have not notice you can use the keyborad on the bottom left hand side of the screen.

I dont think sony would create a new P800 with a filp stuck on, once I heard you say it cant come off, I though striaght away I would not buy that phone! the Flip sucks!

And by looking at the pic Pachy said and I beleive that the flip still comes off. If you have a close look you can see there are two different types of plastic, even in two different colours. So there is no evidence that it does not come off, however the evidence that it does come off is very good because it comes off on the P800 and they even advertised the P800 without a flip as a selling feature, so i beleive the flip will come off!

While I am here, I dont think the new P800 will be much smaller then the current P800, it might be thinner, but if you look at the pics of the new one and guessing it has the same size screen, the amount of space from above the screen to top and bottom of screen to bottom of the phone is almost the same.

I also think the current P800 looks more futuristic then the one in the pic, I dont like the colours they use, it looks boxy. I think the current P800 is more rounded and better looking.

Also the 65k screen and the 1.3 cam will suck you battery dry!! So dont all be sad about having the old P800! keep it untill the P1000 comes out! and hopefully it will have a 1.3 cam with a FLASH!!! and a fuel battery! I heard the new fuel battery can make a laptop run for 48hours!!
microneo
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-07-16 14:51
@P800_Zen_master.... Fuel battery ?? how does that work ?Can you give me a link if any?
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-07-16 15:52
@JForce, I am not doubting your good intention, but i really am now wondering if the phone we thought was a p800 replacement is NOT a p800 replacement.
Also i still think leaving T9 off the p800 was as much a financial move (To avoid the Tegit licence).
I notice you say P900 will have T9 "(i think)" well saying "I Think" isn't exactly a press release is it.

Also if you were to bet me $900 the flip don't come off it would be worth me sawing it off to get my money
Reminder; milk, sugar, crisps, post letter.
Andy_P
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-07-16 15:57
looks like someone else missed the point again...

I'd love to know the results of that SE Flip on / off poll - i bet that would give us a good idea of whether the new one does or not.

It sounds fairly irrelevant anyway whether the p800 flip comes off or not in comparison to the p900 - by naming it that and not p810 it suggests it isnt a replacement anyway, so why does it have to be similar to the p800?

I think going on timescales this makes a lot of sense too.. although it will be a shame if it comes with a hardwired flip.

Im off around the world until March... bet any money you like that when i get back it won't be in the shops anyway
dimitrivd
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-16 18:37
when the Z700 was hot news on many sites ive read somewhere that there will be a playstation module for that phone, so the idea is not new. It is a good thing that is will be made for the T310, SE needs a mass phone with a good price, good features and something special to beat the 3 biggest brands (nokia-samsung-siemens) With the T310 they have a good change. The T320 needs a better design, more MBs and JAVA games to be even more a 'game-mobile' Then they will have a very good change (if the price will stay that low)
Owner of a T68 since December '01. - SURF FIREFOX
Guests
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-16 19:13
It would not make sense to say the flip will not be removable as there is no known production model...also if I didn't want to use the flip why would I be forced to leave it on the phone - where's my benifit there?
There are big disadvantages to have the flip on like if the phone is idle on my desk and a call comes in the flip is closed so there will be no full screen picture caller ID. Lets say I'm using a PDA function and a call comes in, then what; I will end up on the phone with the flip open making the phone appear even larger while talking...and on an on I can go.
chanmhg
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-07-16 19:51
Quote:

On 2003-07-16 14:51:55, microneo wrote:
@P800_Zen_master.... Fuel battery ?? how does that work ?Can you give me a link if any?

I think it's like having a diesel etectricity generator in a size of a laptop battery.......just use different fuel.........it might even have the starting sound of an car engine........
sidneylopsides
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-07-16 20:16
I think you mean a fuel cell, these use a reaction involving oxygen and hydrogen to produce electricity, they are very clean, as the most they produce is water and are very powerful, General Motors have made a prototype car powered by a fuel cell that can power a row of houses.
fijbert
K550 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-16 21:19
we r getting off topic again

The P900 is rumored to hv a non-detacheable flip
re-read JForce's post regarding that

he is right.. if the P800 had T9, I wld never use the stylus or the VR keyboard: so what's the point?

either way, the phone is still in dev, things can be pulled out or added
we dont know

and speculating will only lead us to rasing our hopes only to b disappointed
one thing I've learned about the mobile industry, dont raise ur expectations to high for a phone, u'll be disappointed
Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect
alpha tag
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-16 21:26
Quote:

On 2003-07-16 03:05:22, JForce wrote:The T610 clam Im talking about works like this. Remember the T39m and R520m? Same phone. Exactly the same phone. But Ericsson figured some people like flips, some don't, so make one of each.

let's hope it won't suffer problems like no-network that plagued the T39 but didn't cause problems on the R520...
Mobile handset(s):
1. PROTOTYPE TU2 Ericsson R520m CE. (Made: 00W43).
2. Rose White T39mc. (Flashed to T39m).
3. Icy Blue Sony Ericsson T200. (Water-damage revival!).
sasha
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2003-07-17 01:19
Quote:

On 2003-07-16 03:05:22, JForce wrote:
The T610 clam Im talking about works like this. Remember the T39m and R520m? Same phone. Exactly the same phone. But Ericsson figured some people like flips, some don't, so make one of each.

Same philosophy. When I say its a T610 clam, it wont be the Z610 or anything (Z700 I believe), it means integrated camera, 65K screen etc.

Not exactly. Very much alike, but not the same. Controls, speakerphone with proximity sensor. Might be something else, but I can't think of anything right now. They TOOK SOME THINGS OUT and made it smaller.
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-07-17 01:37
Fuel cells are used (Were developed for) space travel, they are very good/light way of providing power.

The other power source refered to is the very latest designed shrunk down engines (10 mm square hand started 2 stroke piston engine) these can power high wattage items if ussed to trickle charge the batteries & use vegetable oil or petrolium bassed fuel, for use where mains electricity is not available for charging batteries.

P900/810 i can see that a smaller flip could be tollerated as a fixture but if its a symbian phone then the flip could easily be removable with no loss of usabillity.
BUT, many people only remove the p800 flip because its so fuggin ugly.
Reminder; milk, sugar, crisps, post letter.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic