Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > The Official Esato Camera Phone Shootout Competition November 2010 : Fire

Previous  123 456 ... 111213  Next
Author The Official Esato Camera Phone Shootout Competition November 2010 : Fire
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-06 19:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@rikken: you still have one chance left
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Dimas.94
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-11-08 01:55
When I finish working on how to protect the phone from fire, then I will take a great picture I believe
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-09 17:50
@Bonovox: it's autumn

Anyways, here's my first entry. I know I might change it in a future:

***Entry changed***

Dying candlelight
[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2010-11-22 14:59 ]
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
TTT
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-11-09 21:44

On 2010-11-09 17:50:44, tranced wrote:
@Bonovox: it's autumn

What do you mean by that? Isn't it winter? Outside my window is about 10-15 cm of snow and it's still snowing.
I taking pictures
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-09 21:55
No its still autumn now. We are having mixture of cold nights and wind and rain. Nice warm looking candle tranced I an not happy with my entry this month need to think of something else
Phone?? What phone??
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-10 06:48
Nice pic tranced. We used to light lamp like this on Diwali day. I have captured one of that. I will post that later.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2010-11-10 14:42

On 2010-11-05 22:07:20, tranced wrote:
IMO the photo is not valid. There's no fire in the photo. We will make a theme that fits your photo...later

I have been trying and trying to come up with a new entry but none of my subsequent attempts have been thought provoking nor spark my imagination.... so with only one entry chance left, I would like to ask everyone to re-consider allowing my entry based on artistic interpretation.

The theme being "fire," I feel the task here is to relay a story about fire in a thought provoking and artistic way.... where IMO, my photo does exactly that although not visible in the photo. And based on the link provided by tranced, I feel the following quotes from that definition speak directly about my photo.

"releasing heat, light, and various reaction products."

"The positive effects of fire include stimulating growth"

So, with that said I am re-posting a smaller version HERE (withdrawn) of that photo for all to consider allowing its re-entry. If allowed by the host and others, I will re-post the original.

Thanks for your consideration.
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2010-11-11 13:27 ]
[addsig]
TTT
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-11-10 17:26
Hmm. What do you think looks best? Slow or fast shutter on fire.
I taking pictures
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-10 18:29
Fast in sports mode
Phone?? What phone??
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-10 18:31
mlife,

I would still say that your entry is not valid one. Artistically if we include that because it is provoking, where is fire ? The theme is Fire. The picture must contain the flame or fire. You can play with the fire artistically but not without that.

Of course your pic puts fire in the mind of viewer but we actually want fire in the pic not in the mind of viewer.
jay0726
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-10 19:30
Even I am thinking that I am going to inflame for this tpico [addsig]
TTT
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-11-10 21:02

On 2010-11-10 18:29:00, Bonovox wrote:
Fast in sports mode

Fast in Raider's manual shutter.
I taking pictures
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2010-11-11 04:33

On 2010-11-10 18:31:46, ceaser2008 wrote:
mlife,

I would still say that your entry is not valid one. Artistically if we include that because it is provoking, where is fire ? The theme is Fire. The picture must contain the flame or fire. You can play with the fire artistically but not without that.

Of course your pic puts fire in the mind of viewer but we actually want fire in the pic not in the mind of viewer.

I would like to hear some others opinions as well but (with all due respect) I think you are somewhat looking at this with a very narrow perspective. Im not asking for it to be included based on its provocation factor alone but on the merrit that it shows the warmth, glow, lighting and mood all which are directly caused by fire... in essence, you do see fire as it is being reflected via the subject... same as if the theme was "sky" and someone decided to post a picture of a very calm lake which was smooth enough to show a clear reflection.... your not actually looking at the sky, your looking at water but it is reflecting the sky, would that not be valid? Another good example would be a "stalker" or "evil entity" being portrayed by a photo of a very long / looming looking shadow, again not the actual subject but the implication arrives at the same result.

I will certainly conform to the rules of this contest but feel it would benefit all who participate to allow a little more latitude for creativity... other wise you wind up with countless similar fire places, candles and flames.

just trying to "heat" things up a bit! lol [addsig]
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-11 11:52
mlife

I think you
are somewhat looking at this with a very
narrow perspective.

I am sorry but here i am not looking at this with narrowing perspective but you are trying to widen the includes of theme unnecessary.

About your point of example of the lake with still water with reflection of sky with sky theme, yes it would be counted a valid entry as we have sky in it though in the form of reflection but we can see it so it will be counted. But only feel of the object instead of the object will not be counted.

About your entry, you are saying to judge it not only on provocation basis but on warmth, glow, lighting and mood. My friend, we all know, the same feel can be replicate to some extent by artificial light and the perfect camera angle. Though i truly believe your pic but let us not go in that complexity. Just make the theme simple.

You are fearing we all endup with similar fireplaces, candles and flames but this will not be the case. Use your imagination, creativity and take snap of it. This is the main reason behind starting such competition.

I hope i have made my point clear.
[ This Message was edited by: ceaser2008 on 2010-11-11 10:56 ]
jms2367
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-11 12:01
@mlife, ceaser

I would not want to start a flame war on this.

But I have to go with Ceaser on his point on the validity of mlife's entry.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 111213  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic