Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Nokia E61i.

Previous  123 456 ... 161718  Next
Author Nokia E61i.
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-04-22 11:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-04-22 09:42:51, BobaFett wrote:
how are divx movies on e61 and/or e61i? the quality is perfect on e60, but the e61 screen is begger, it should be really nice, or even watching tv

on e61 using smartplayer (you can sync audio-video better than with divx player) the quality is amazing. If your source video is of good quality it's only a tiny little bit "worse" than watching a film on psp - no sh*t! [addsig]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-22 12:05
Hi Boba and Maggflodd,

To be honest i have only ever used the built in Real Player and either Nokia Media studio or Movavi video converter and have got great results and really don't like adding duplicate software if the built in app does the job well but again this is only my preference and may not be yours. I would rather have a larger file size and quality then try and save space as i now have 4gb to use space really is not an issue for me.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-04-22 13:33
@dogman - see what you mean, esp'ly since duplicates can cause probs, and the realplayer is quite good. Doesn't play avi/divx though, does it? I don't use smartmovie to save space either - have a 800mb version of loose change on my e61 currently - it's glorious, though imtoo would get me an acceptable 85mb 3gp version... Also, smartplayer/divxplayer plays all youtube videos you download via vixy.net - without further converting/fiddling, I like that (my broadband at home's non-existant... So I can load them to my e61 at work, check them out, and the good clips I can transfer to computer at home - all with just one conversion done by vixy.net... Handy for my needs! [addsig]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-22 13:35
no, it doesnt play avi etc, so i used divx player to see videos in brill quality.
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-22 15:19
Hi Boba,

I only started using these converters on my N93 as originally the films i have were in PSP format. The quality is excellent Even films like Kill Bill which has fast action and many dark scenes is perfect. I have now decided i am not going to sell my N93 after all just can't stand the thought of letting it go so only the 8800SE will be sold to make way for the E61.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-04-22 21:12 ]
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-04-23 12:01
just recieved the gorgeous new e61i..... jus sortin some things on it out an then i'll pop some pics up here...

J.
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-04-23 13:02
Ok everyone heres a little review of the beautiful Nokia E61i for u lot!!!

Phone was purchased as an upgrade on Vodafone and has come fully branded... So thats a Vodafone Start up screen and shutdown screen, a vodafone sign on the bottom and on the back of the phone... Oh and a Vodafone Theme... All other functions of the handset are present (even VOIP via SIP is there!!!)

Upon opening the box i realised just how much nicer the phone looks... The metal on the front of the handset makes it look a lot more business like and the 'Mocha' (nearly black...) fascia adds to that feeling!!! The size is also a change! The main body stays the same thickness but where they have added the camera at the top has become slightly thinner and makes the handset seem a bit smaller than the E61... Also to note is that the speaker hasnt been changed so u still get the very very loud volume with great quality!!!

The keys are laid out with a slightly bigger gap than on the E61 but are still a smiliar size (just a bit more square!).

The joystick is an obvious change and from initial usage i can say it really is for the best. It feels a lot more precise and clicking the middle button is more reliable than on the E61 (although i never had a problem with that!). To the left and right of the improved joystick is the new Phonebook, Menu, Message and Activity buttons. These do add some nice little shortcut options (the activity key can be assigned to ANY application) that give u more options on the active standby...

The menu stays the same as the E61 so i wont go into that at all as we all know the E61 menus were lovely...

A new option on the active standby is called 'Active Standby Plugins'. These allow u to select notifications that are shown on the active standby screen when they happen... they then disappear when u have viewed them. The options at the current time are:

Active Standby apps...
Missed Call Notifier...
Email Notification...
Message Notifier...
Voice Msg. Notifier...
Active Standby Mailbox...
Organiser...
To Do...
Music Player...
Wireless LAN...
Sim Services...

These are great because again it makes the standby screen a lot less cluttered until somethin happens!!!

All in all i already love this phone to bits... Nokia have really listened to their customers and produced a business phone that has all the features it needs whilst still being relatively small and light!!!

LONG LIVE THE NOKIA E61i!!!

(P.S. Forgot to add that after startup this phone is showing as having 22Mb RAM free so a little bit more than the E61!!!)

Here some pics for u lot!!! lol. Sorry bout the quality... Takin them with my webcam as ma camera is in work! I'll take some better ones tonight!

J.

[ This Message was edited by: voda_jon on 2007-04-23 12:07 ]
janjanman
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-23 17:35
can you please post some pics taken by the phone? outdoor/indoor, low light etc

btw how much is it being sold sim free?

tia =)
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-23 17:39
Hi Jon,

Congrats on your new device looking forward to hearing all the differences as you find them. Now just waiting for the postman tomorrow with my E61 to arrive and I'll be happy.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-04-23 19:38
Thnx for the comments guys...

I'm findin tha this phone is amazin even compared to the amazin E61!!!

They have really done there research and added things that everyone really wanted and taken things away that no1 used much (cant find anythin yet!!! lol)

heres a couple of pics taken in my bedroom quite low light with a very bright window not helpin things...

J.

Pic quality isnt very good but to be honest i didnt expect it to be as this device is squarely rooted at the Business Market where camera quality doesnt make a difference really!!!

If its sunny tomorrow (dont forget i live in the UK so slim chances!) i will get some nice pics in sunshine!!! outside and see what they are like!!!

J.
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-04-23 20:04
@voda_jon,
congrats!!! Pleased to here the camera etc hasn't compromised the sound! Niiice
what's with the RAM though? I,m a bit confused. While I'm typing this, operamini is, obviously, running - checking via taskman right now I see 20.5 mb ram available, when I kill operamini that'll go up to 25.5 mb ... That's my e 61 in standby (also vodafone branded) - 25.5mb... [addsig]
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-04-23 20:32
c ma generic e61 tends to always show just over 19mb... thats wit the latest fw and everythin but the e61i has 22 or jus below...

So i stand corrected lol... must b the fact that the camera app is always in standby waiting to b used lol..

Tis still an amazin phone and no problems yet!!!

J.
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-04-23 20:59

On 2007-04-23 20:32:48, voda_jon wrote:
c ma generic e61 tends to always show just over 19mb... thats wit the latest fw and everythin but the e61i has 22 or jus below...

So i stand corrected lol... must b the fact that the camera app is always in standby waiting to b used lol..

Tis still an amazin phone and no problems yet!!!

J.
yeah... E n v y ... Hope vodafone Ireland don't wait too long, e61i is the only ph I have any interest in at the mo - offer me any other 2 phones or e61i... No hesitation!!! Enjoy yours!!!! [addsig]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-23 22:34
@vodajon congrat pls tell me about the screen
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-04-23 22:34
oh i am enjoying it a lot lol... Voda ireland shouldnt b too far behind with this... Its still showing up as Coming Soon on Nokia's site so am even happier lol...

It was the only phone i wanted and will want for a long time to come... i've come to realise that a phone with every feature built into it is just a problem waitin to happen!!!

This firmware (v1.0633.62.05) seems really stable and as of yet (nearly 1 day) not a single prob lol...

Original E61 i had had no probs in the year i had it so fingers crossed for this one!!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 161718  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic