Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SE-09-Portfolio

Previous  123 ... 381382383 ... 477478479  Next
Author SE-09-Portfolio
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 18:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Dups!: There's so much FUD in that post, it's not even funny.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 18:20
...and that is, synn?
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 18:36

On 2009-08-27 18:20:25, Dups! wrote:
...and that is, synn?

SF is yet to come out with a final version and the internet is already writing it off. What gives?

One of the most powerful S60 devices was launched by Samsung a little while ago, so they clearly are still on board with it. SE's product in that segment is coming out any time now. Nokia themselves launched the N97 and soon, the N97 Mini.

That's as many Android phones we have in the entire mobile world, mind you.

WinMo, as much as people love to hate it, isn't going anywhere. Microsoft has way too much leverage for that to happen.

For a developer, making apps for Symbian, Android and WinMo makes eons more sense as this gives them a better chance of penetrating the market (Multiple manufacturers, multiple handsets) than developing for Maemo 5 which is confined to one manufacturer's handful of models. Then again, Maemo may just pull off an iPhone like feat, so we have to wait and watch.

My point is, the whole deal about this dying and that getting abandoned is a bit premature and is a classic example of how the internet jumps the gun.
[ This Message was edited by: synn on 2009-08-27 17:37 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 18:57
Now, you're one of the members that I have respect for here on esato but you just misread my post on symbian.

Reread it on the symbian part, I never wrote symbian is dead or dying but that it is in trouble and a dead end for SE in the sense that SE will be left as the major player in the high end stakes when it comes to symbian.

I suggest you go and read Eldar's article on Maemo and Symbian. I know Eldar writes some crazy things but that article sheds some light on what's going on.

While I agree with you on waiting and seeing what happens but on WM I see Microsoft losing too much and as I wrote it will pale in significance in a few years' time. You took the phrase 'slow painful death' literally. Read the immediate line after the above phrase.

Once again my previous post on symbian is related to SE not having much to gain by sticking with symbian. I didn't and don't imply that symbian is dead or dying but that it is in trouble.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 19:08
I understood you, and very much agree with all you are saying...
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 19:20
Thank you, ares!

At least I am making sense.
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 21:38
windows mobile isnt dying, apple needs to update their OS soon, its already dated with just an app menu for a home screen. symbian is on WAY too many phones for it to be irrelevant yet, depends on the developing world really.

heres to rachael poppin up next week, the N900 is HUGE!!!
Santa_Claus
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 23:33

On 2009-08-27 21:38:44, my ninja wrote:
windows mobile isnt dying, apple needs to update their OS soon, its already dated with just an app menu for a home screen. symbian is on WAY too many phones for it to be irrelevant yet, depends on the developing world really.

heres to rachael poppin up next week, the N900 is HUGE!!!

N900 is nothing special. Vulkan will be good device, and HTC will punch everyone in face with the new devices about to be relased!!!
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-28 00:05
I don't understand why you all are screaming over SE to keep on symbian while the actual CEO said that they are gonna take symbian winmo and android and maybe (I"m pretty sure of that) next year will come the first maemo SE for the end of 2010 to early 2011 but still the android thing is amazing and looks to me as good as the maemo N900
[ This Message was edited by: KU on 2009-08-27 23:39 ]
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-28 00:40
N900 isn't a internet tablet, but a normal smartphone. And I doubt Nokia will let SE use Maemo.
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-28 01:41
Yes it is a smartphone so the new king is now the N900 amazing Nokia goes again
But maemo doesn't belong to Nokia, Samsung is said to work on it with it touch wizz interface
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-08-28 03:24

uh? why so ignorant?
there are also people around who just need a phone to make calls and no "super duper - hey look it has a touch screen-phone". i am one of those people - just because i only want to use the core functions i don't want my phone to look like fisher-prize junk.
understand it or i'll change my nickname to paris h.

[/quote]

You can get simple phones that look good for under £100, Kiki is simple but will be stupidly expensive. Its not made for you, its about people like Paris Hilton who will be wearing it and you'll see it in magazines and newspapers etc. I'm not ignorant at all, you should watch the Top Gear boys do the Cool Wall sometime because its to do with image. Buy yourself Kiki on launch and I'll change my name to anything you want.

I'm not a hater, I just see a range of phones and pass my verdict. As Santa said, HTC will KO everyone and I've been saying this for some time now, Vulcan is the next best thing out of the rest but its only one phone on WinMo which is a narrow market. Nokia will release some good and some average phones but these average phones will be cheap and Nokia will make money. will struggle again financially. Much bigger and better announcements coming from the rivals very soon.

razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-08-28 04:37
@Badassmam & Santa

I see you both seem to be praising Vulcan very much, i'm pretty interested on how special this thing really is as you two tries to imply. well if SE could port all their j2me technology and be able to develop and integrate it's own gaming framework on WM (not PSP) then that's something i would crave for! i believe vulcan is one of the key XPERIA devices that could really make the subbrand shine unlike its predecesor.
10 years at Esato
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2009-08-28 04:38
Badassmam: Can you shed any light on whether the X2 can be upgraded to WinMo7 or not? My decision on whether to buy this or not rests on this one factor.

Dups!: Symbian has way too much penetration in the market to become irrelevant, man. It doesn't need Nokia to survive anymore. SE and Samsung have displayed their customized versions of S60 and I can only imagine that things'd get better with SF OS.

Ditto with WinMo. LG has recently tied up with Microsoft as a partner for mobile devices. Also, Microsoft's Marketplace has been getting enthusiastic reactions from developers.
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-28 06:56
Can anyone please leak the vulcan specs??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 381382383 ... 477478479  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic