Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 323334 353637  Next
Author P1i bugs
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 19:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i thought the icon bug happened when i connec the phone to the pc and update applications or media files on the phone. I have not tried the swiss manager trtick, so i will give that a go next time. Many thanks 701
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-13 20:46

On 2007-11-13 19:26:43, 5nak3 wrote:
i thought the icon bug happened when i connec the phone to the pc and update applications or media files on the phone. I have not tried the swiss manager trtick, so i will give that a go next time. Many thanks 701

You are welcome. Just be sure to move the reclaim stage to number 2 after you make order into your icons, level3 used too often can hurt you system.
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 13:37
yes i noticed that when i put to level three a warning came up. Could you please explain what exactly is the difference between the levels? Just so i have an idea of what is happening to my phone when i use the memory reclaim. Thanks
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-15 21:32
Level 2: when you press "reclaim" , it will collect some bites left unused. Best choice.Level 3: closes down EVERYTHING except phone function. So just use level 2 and also use the function: "clean up when idle". I have mine on 7 minutes. When your phone sits idle for 7 minutes, it will clean some of the apps left in the background you don't use anymore.
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 00:45
ok thanks for the information. I too use level 2, but then to be honest i think the p1 handles memory extremely well so obviously i dont sit there unloading programs all the time.

In fact the only time is after i have had a number of big programs running, i just do a little cleanup to get things back to thier best.

Thanks for the advice nonetheless, i might look into that see if i notice any differences.
lakeside01
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 01:06
i dnt knw if anyone else has noticed this but..when ur using opera in landscape mode, if you try to switch to the task manager while in landscape the fone shuts down and restarts.,so you have to exit landscape and fullscreen first before switching..annoys the crap outta me
sidneymarius
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 02:13
@lakeside
Just tried, don't have this problem using Opera. Try re-installing it because I had your restarting problem when tried to start downloads at Opera and re-installing solved it.
parasluco
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 02:49
Has anyone noticed that when looking at a picture, and going into zoom mode, zooming and panning around the window also moves the little preview pane?

Ok let me rephrase that's probably confusing. In zoom mode, a preview box shows up over the window, generally to show you where exactly you're looking. However, It's transparent. Try it and see what I mean.
benjijk
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 10:36
This is not a bug, but does anyone know how to prevent the P1i from requesting permission each time a JAVA applet tries to connect to the internet? That's one of the reasons I'm not using Opera mini beta 4, and the other JAVA software. For those that don't know, there's a slew of JAVA software at www.getjar.com, and mostly all of them run on the P1.

BenjiJK§
pnf1973
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 11:20
Unless the JAR is signed with a valid certificate (such as Google Maps) then there is no way to do this.

Your only alternative is to head over to Davinci (http://www1.davinciteam.com/index.html) and install their modified p1 firmware with all application security disabled. This does cost money, however, and you will have to pay for each subsequent firmware update that you then install (unless you go back to the secure firmware).
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 11:25
well...its not that annoying...you just have to give permission for every internet session you make with opera mini, and not everytime you access the internet...
spartacus79
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-20 00:00
Hi,
I'm experiencing this bug (phone seems to be under full network coverage, but I can't receive neither make calls).
The only trick I can use to solve the issue is to remove and replace the battery.
But the bug still comess at least once a day.
I'v eflashed the P1i with the last firmware and I've tried several sims and several phone-operators (128k last generation sims) Here in Italy I am always under full network coverage, and the bug occurs even if the phone lays on a table all day long.
I've also tried setting the network to "gsm" mode, disabling thisway the 3G, but the bug is still there.

I've no more ideas to solve this problem, so,please, give me a light!
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-20 00:19
..try scraping a bit on the sim- card. Or take it out and insert it again a couple of times. Could be it's bad contact?
The p1 Whiki - report your bugs, and add feature requests here.

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
Anil Gidwani
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-20 10:38
P1i's contact and calendar applications are so rudimentary they're a joke. Coming as a successor to P900, it's a rude shock. The lack of features is astonishing. Whether you call them lack of features or bugs, doesn't matter. Productivity is hampered in any case.

And to find bugs in such unfeatured applications is rubbing salt into the wound. My calendar application regularly craps out on me, which is again a huge productivity hit.

Certainly not a professionally released phone. Sony Ericsson seems to want to beta test this product through its customers. No wonder it's cheaper than the other P series phones when they were first launched!
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-20 13:41

On 2007-11-20 10:38:19, Anil Gidwani wrote:
P1i's contact and calendar applications are so rudimentary they're a joke. Coming as a successor to P900, it's a rude shock. The lack of features is astonishing. Whether you call them lack of features or bugs, doesn't matter. Productivity is hampered in any case.

In what ways, specifically? What sort of functions are missing. What could be better, etc.
And to find bugs in such unfeatured applications is rubbing salt into the wound. My calendar application regularly craps out on me, which is again a huge productivity hit.

What are you doing when the calendar flips out? We're trying to find actual bugs here, so please be specific - in this thread, anyway..
The p1 Whiki - report your bugs, and add feature requests here.

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 323334 353637  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic