Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Make Peace Not War

Author Make Peace Not War
viper7
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-03-18 03:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
No-one ever WANTS war!...war comes about due to countries feeling threatened...fear of something they fear, potentially, they cannot control. Such as terrorism, threat of invasion etc. Not always but often. Bush, Blair & co must know more than we give them credit for, they surely have intelligence from various sources. I don't condone war but saddam's record is appalling!...he may not have nukes et al, but surely it cannot be denied he is potentially a threat!...12 years ago was when he should have gone....now a likely 2nd war. One thing that none of us should forget though is our promises to the afghanies to help rebuild their country...this seems forgotten...hope same is not done with Iraq...also worrying is the UN situation...a disunited world can not be good.

This message was posted from a P800

Fahed_2000
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-18 03:05
Some people are saying that Muslims are the ones that are behind Terrorism, let me tell you something about Islam it is religion of peace, unless you are defending your self
Good Shit, Bad Shit, It's all Shit
Froddan
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-03-18 03:06
Why not face the truth, the human greed and anger is about to extinguish all life on this planet. We'll either do it slowly by poisoning the soil and seas, in our neverending pursuit for money, or then we'll make it quick by nuclear bombing our enemies. Either way, we won't survive as a species unless we have a change of attitude.
dave_uk
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-18 03:06
@jbendaou

Just want to say, we clearly have different points of view, but I stress I absolutely don't believe all muslims OR arabs are terrorists or fundamentalists. I am well aware that, at the heart of Islam, are many of the same PEACEFUL tenets of Judaism. I would love for us all to live side by side in peace. But the Jews in Israel live in the fear that if Arafat gets what he really wants, there will be no Israel at all. The Israelis would actually accept Palestinian demands if they thought that would be it and peace could reign. But after era upon era of persecution and fighting against the odds for the survival of their people, they have deep-seated need to know they are secure.

These are not the actions of a race bent on world-domination. I just can't listen to these twisted portrayals of Israel as the thorn in the side of peace in the Middle East when it is what Israel herself would love more than anything.
jbendaou
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-03-18 03:14
Dave, well it surely doesnt sound like what sharon wants...and please dont tell me he is the man of peace as bush called him. I hope everyone knows that sharon was guilty of crime againt humanity by an international court of law in europe.(belgium)
Come on, u think that arafat would ever have the power to threaten israel??? they dont even have money to support its own people...
It is the palestinians that are scared to get screwed and loose everything.

[ This Message was edited by: jbendaou on 2003-03-18 02:16 ]
dave_uk
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-18 03:24
Sharon is not a good ambassador for Israel at all. He, like Bush, Blair, Hussein and Arafat is another example of a menace with his own agenda. However, like Bush's motives are wrong where his actions are necesssary, the same is true of Sharon. Israel's greatest leader for years, Rabin, was the biggest exponent of peace in the Middle East in recent history but, unfortunately, never fulfilled his dream. But Sharon is responsible for a country beset by suicide bombings and a country whose people cannot live a day without thinking it may be their last. This is an Israel in despair and Sharon is a military leader elected for this reason.

As for Arafat, obviously he doesn't have the power to pose a threat of such proportions as Saddam, the argument is far more subtle. He rejected the offer made by Rabin for well over 95% of the land he demanded. The conclusion from this is that he represents a nation intent of something further and the fear is that that something is anihilation of the current people of Israel.

Can you blame them for drawing such conclusions?
Fahed_2000
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-18 03:39
Some people are saying that Muslims are the ones that are behind Terrorism, let me tell you something about Islam it is religion of peace, unless you are defending your self

What peace is fair when Zionists occupy most of you land and leave you with worst part of it, where you don’t have the simplest needs and human rights, how is it fair is it for men, women and children to be killed while they are sleeping in their homes, and expect not to get the same answer in return (or is bitter to taste their own medicine)
Why wouldn’t Jews live in Palestine like they did before they got support form America and butchered the rightful owners of the land?

One more thing I remembered WHY would America veto all resolution that intended to sanction Israel

Quote from Dave: But the Jews in Israel live in the fear that if Arafat gets what he really wants
Well this might be you view and I respect it, but I’ll answer you question in return, think if you was a Palestinian, being discriminated against, you people are dying every day, ambulances are bombed as soon as they are scene, if you leave the country, for a holiday (I doubt that any Palestinian living there can afford one anyway) they are not permitted to go back, basically being forced to live a primitive man’s life when you can see the people whom confined you to live.
Israel has clearly demonstrated “Ethnic cleansing” on Palestinians

Quote from Dav: like Bush's motives are wrong where his actions are necessary: can you explain that to me.
If that’s what I think it means then there you go you are telling Palestinians to kill all people that cause a threat to them, but the truth is that Israel is actually following this strategy where Palestinians whom want to live a normal life can’t reclaim their property of buy any property in Jerusalem
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-18 03:49
one reason for this war. i think we can agree that yamani is no fundamentalist radical creating propaganda...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2851723.stm [addsig]
Fahed_2000
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-18 03:53
true
WWJD?
W800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-18 03:55
Please forgive me if I sound like I am preaching, You may or may not agree with me but I am not surprised at the growing tension in and around the world, it can only get worse. If its not this issue then its going to be another issue, Mankind never seem to run out of excuses/reasons to wage war with each other.

It has all been recorded in the Bible. If all these had been predicted then what can or what do we do? I guess its time for a long hard look into how you want to spend eternity. Of course, I am speaking from my own point of view (which is based on fundamental Christianity).
No Flames please. Lets learn to disagree agreeably Peace
For God so loved the world that He qave His only begotten Son, thant whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. - John 3:16
Fahed_2000
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-18 04:10
Completely agree, but not when the other side occupied your land, I am sure that it is clearly states in the bible, Surly everyone expect to defend his property
All religions believing the god (The same one as Christianity, Islam and Judaism believe in peace) but it seems that the older the preachings
are the more people seem to disobey and amend the txt written

I am going to sleep Now expecting to stay alive without korea bombing the world with nukes

[ This Message was edited by: Fahed_2000 on 2003-03-18 03:12 ]
jbendaou
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-03-18 04:15
cant agree more with the bbc acticle and with fahed...
anyways, i am really happy to see that we could lead a nice Clean conversation in here. and i am really proud that noone lost their senses and didnt start cursing one another. this shows that the people in this post are mature and grown ups.
hope this war wont start and that we can all enjoy our lives, and also hope something would be done for the palestinians.
World peace everyone

[ This Message was edited by: jbendaou on 2003-03-18 03:18 ]
WWJD?
W800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-18 04:17
Yup, As I've said, today we don't need much of an excuse to wage war, it seems like we can't find an excuse, we usuually just make one up andtry to justify it. It doesn't seem to matter whether the reason/exuse is political or religious. Economic reality dictates that we make war because war means money That is not right but its a fact of modern day life. sigh......

Buts its really good that we can all have different points of view here and still not resort to cussing and personal attacks against those who don't share our views.
I just wish we make war no more. Peace.

For God so loved the world that He qave His only begotten Son, thant whosoever believes in Him shaould not perish but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

[ This Message was edited by: WWJD? on 2003-03-18 03:25 ]
c000
Z520 black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-18 04:33
quoting José Saramago:

"USA has no friends, but interests"
crowing
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-18 04:57
Quote:

On 2003-03-18 03:39, Fahed_2000 wrote:

wait here, let me clarify something here, i have no objections to Islam as being a religion of peace, i have no objections that any other religion as being a religion of peace because all of them are may it be buddhism, taoism, hindu etc..

but unfortunately, as christian and muslims have been throughout history, have used religion as one reason for waging war or getting a hold of someone else's teritory. now some bad apples will always spoil the damn bunch. like here in the philippines, a radical group ABU Sayaff, they are proud of being muslims, hell they flaunt it, but i guess they had the Koran all wrong, they kidnap people, ask for a big sum of money and for what??? for Allah? i think not!!!

now i guess the best thing we can talk about here is interest and power, who wants it, who has it and what they are willing to sacrifice.

man, im a christian, but i disgust the thought of THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE, i mean ceasar was the biggest sinner of all time.

peace on its own sucks.... PEACE AND GOODWILL TO ALL MEN would be f*cking better!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic