Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Released in UK today ? Rubbish

Author Released in UK today ? Rubbish
Andy_P
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-20 17:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
How many times...

Emma has said the 24th all along for some reason.. presumably because she doesn't want to disapoint people.

Speak to Justin (for the last 6 weeks) and he thinks they will be in today. Emma may turn out to be right though, we'll see.

Wonder if they deliver on Saturdays? I could do with a nice surprise at the moment...
Coramoor
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-02-20 20:49
Damn. I must say I don't like they way are treating you.
The phone will be worth every day of waiting once you get it but they are not treating you with much respect.

If the phone wasn't so damn good I'd wait for the upcoming siemens smart phone or something like that. They should be punished in some way. But not to hard as I want them to keep making sweet phones

I'm lucky for living in norway. It's already in stores here.
(I got it a week before it hit the shop due to some special cirumstances)
Lucky me. Keep your faith. The phone IS worth it.
Eleventy7
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-21 01:06
rite, my news as i promised earlier: i was at Old Trafford last nite for the ManU v Juventus game, in the Europa suite as a guest of Motorola, no1 from Motorola turned up but 4 guys from Orange did. 1 guy was in charge of arranging logistics etc, 2 were handset engineers, and the last was Orange's rep for the NorthWest in charge of Carphone Warehouse's account. The logistics guy told me b4 every1 else turned up that the P800 won't be available in the UK "for a fair while yet" because SE are apparently having major problems with shipping since "they moved production to the Far East" - which we all know is bollocks because P800 is currently being made in France!
Later on I spoke to the guy in charge of CPW's account, and he said that CPW will be having all their Orange P800s delivered this Friday.
And last but not least, the handset engineers, 1 had a P800 with him as his personal phone, and let me have a little play with it, hae to say very nice on 1st opinions. They then both agreed on the fact that Orange's own SPV is a shite product, and will only become a stable and properly useable product sometime after March when they finally sort out a decent software release for it, which they both said waould be too late to save it's credibility.

Anyway, no CONFIRMED DELIVERY or any such bullshit, just what I was told last nite by the people in the know.
badboyce
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 02:31
I said the phone will be released on Firday or Saturday!

Why are you ringing Orange Direct for when i said that they will be available in Orange Shops. I didn't mention anything about Orange Direct. The Derby Orange Shop don't know what they are talking about.
Orange Direct will get theie P800's after the retail shops.
And don't bother ring customer service because they probably won't know either.
Happy shopping tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!
simion_levi
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 02:35
Heh - i've got one reserved in three O shops scattered over london - at most, it'll take me half an hour to reach the nearest one

Good hunting all!
JForce
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 04:26
The reason it's taking so long is because Voda haven't approved the phone for release yet...its got nothing to do with stock availabilty, regardless of what you have been told.

Orange are releasing it early to get a jump on and encourage people to place deposits and orders with them first....doesn't mean they actually have access to any handsets
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 05:17
@Jforce, And how do you know this ???? (just to clarify it, nothing personal)
Reminder; milk, sugar, crisps, post letter.
Eleventy7
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-21 11:46
would love to tell u all that i've been down to the orange store and am now a proud owner of a P800, but can't I'm afraid, been down there and they said they're expecting it some time next week, as they've received the pricing details today, and they always receive the price details up to a week before they receive the stock. Pricewise, the guy showed me the thing, most tariffs will be £299.99, but a high-user tariff can get it as low as £199.99, and the guy actually told me to buy it on a high tarif and change after a month to a low tariff
jgm
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 12:46
Well I can tell you that I've been down to the Orange shop and am now the proud owener of a P800!

Shop was the Orange store in Kingston, paid £299 for an upgrade on my current tarrif.
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 12:57
Me too.

Fargate branch & Meadowhall branch in Sheffield had deliveries this morning. I just picked mine up from from Fargate branch. They had six delivered. I was first to buy one 10am and 4 of others are already booked for collection. Not sure how many at Meadowhall but probably all gone by now.
Andy_P
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 12:58
Can you tell us if they are definately locked to Orange?

What firmware do they have?
jgm
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 13:08
Just tried it with a Virgin SIM and it complained with 'Insert correct SIM', so looks like they are indeed locked.

Firmware versions are
Phone R1d
Bluetooth R2C
Organiser R1F01
CDA R2A01
Eleventy7
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-21 13:12
I've just bought 2 p800s from orange southampton. Can't wait to get home now

This message was posted from a T68i

Andy_P
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 13:19
So all that wait and still R1d on the firmware??

What a pain in the ass.
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 13:20
I can email someone some pictures of P800 with orange packaging if you have ability to post them up.

Nice screen but colours a bit 'milky' looking in contrast to vibrant colours on iPAQ3970.

Already setup for GPRS access. Just tapped in www.esato.com/p800 and no problems.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi