Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > HELP! my P800 wont start up

Author HELP! my P800 wont start up
Arne
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 18:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I just got one P800 with the same problem as you have in for service as I work for a SE service center in sweden but nothing help that phone. Not even reflash of the sw. Sorry to say this but I think the cpu or flash memory has broken.

Arne
lazarini
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-17 19:16
This is not a good news and it is making the P800 look bad hope this isent the deal with naars device :-[

This message was posted from a T68i

Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 20:06
@arne

are you saying that i need to get a new p800 thats ridiculous!!!!!

and if i do then SE would give it to me for free right????

im waiting for the reply from SE so all hope is not lost yet....

im just waiting very very very patiently (or trying to at least)
lazarini
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-17 20:33
@ naar ... just came from work poping on my desktop comp to see what happened to ure phone and as i whas afraid still no good news

SE will have to replace ure phone if u still dont get it to work they cant aford to loose customers for their flagship phone i will be looking on this thread to see how things resolve !

hoping ure handling this the best way u can couse it must be frustrating and that the outcome be good for u m8

just wanted to say this before i pop out to a local pub for a cold one and yes i will drink one for u ...

hang in there ....

regards laz

[ This Message was edited by: lazarini on 2003-01-17 19:34 ]
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 20:38
thanks lazarni and all you people

i have 1 thing that poped in my mind a bit ago

lets say that the p800 is broken/malfunctioning

i dont mind sending it to dubai (or any sonyericsson service center) but would they send me a new/repaired p800 to me back in the states????

what im afraid off since even SE USA dont have the p800 yet (i called them) do you think SE will allow me to send it overseas repair/give me a new one and send it back to me in the states????

i wont mind waiting a week or 2 knowing that SE will send me a new P800 (with new sw probably )

what do you guys think??? is it possible???
Evilsummer
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 20:42
Just call and ask them... if they say no... just send your phone to someone here i Europe and that person can go to a service center get a new one then send it back to you...
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 21:08
BIG UPDATE:

ok good new and bad news

i called SE USA and they said that they are expecting the p800 in 2-3 weeks and will even repair/replace my p800 even if i didnt buy it from the USA

the bad news is that i got it as a present and the reciept is not with me and with my moms friend who probably doesnt have it anymore

god just when i thought everything was going to go good

now then if i call my mom and her friend doesnt have the reciept what will SE do???

will i have to pay

i dont mind paying if its not more than $100 to get it replaced

plus if i send them the box with the manual and everything in it do you think that will work instead of a reciept

and to make sure isnt proof of purchase the reciept???
mscarrot
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 21:30
@ Naar;

Don't worry, as your phone has a warrancy sticker on the back (just take the battery off....

it says something like 02W35
as example
that is year 2002 and week 35....and in this case ericsson give warrancy till 15 (!!) months after production date...

SO NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT M8 --------> THEY JUST HAVE TO REPLACE IT EVEN WITHOUT A RECEIPT......

[addsig]
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 21:38
BIGGEST UPDATE YET (and its good):

ok just got off the phone with my mom and she said that the store manager is the brother of her friend and since her friend bought it all i gotta do now is send it to dubai (4-5 days) exchange it (1 day) and then return it (4-5 days) so i can do all this in less than 2 weeks and even before the phone comes out in the states and for free too

the only bad news is that her friend is out of dubai and will come back in 5-6 days

@mscarrot

thanks for bringing that up but i might not need that if i can send it to dubai but ill keep it in mind

also ill make sure to ask them what the probalem is and tell you guys thanks for all your support mates i really appreciate it .

its not over yet but already i feel better after talking to my mum and her telling me she can take care of it because her friend owns the store

Rashkae
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 21:42
The box should be enough; i don't think they should give you too much of a hassle, you're obviously distressed and SE is REALLY trying to improve their service. They're even opening Service Centers in the Philippines.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 22:29
Hey thats great news hope u get that phone fixed! thankgod my phones 100% fixable lol it switchs itself off on wap, its a heat prob ive sussed it :o)

This message was posted from a WAP device

Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 23:14
ok guys i just got the email back from SE and this is what they said:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.
Your message has reached our Contact Center and we would like to apologize for any delays in responding to your message.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, this phone has not been officially purchased by the U.S. carriers, as of yet. Please reply with all or the information on the back of your phone, as well as on the back of your battery. Please provide all numbers and letters [s/n#, Type#, firmware revision number, etc.] found on the back of bothe the phone and the battery. We will have to research your case.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Sony Ericsson Online Support

==========================================

well that was quick, realize the misspelling on the word both"e" and thats from a big company like SE

oh well at least they got to me in less than 10 hours and they have good customer support so what do they exactly need and where can i find info exactly on the box or phone. is s/n seriel number and where can i find the type number

i think i know where i can find everything else but just being sure

thanks again
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-18 00:01
alright i think i found everything

but what is imei i find that under my serial number???

thanks
mscarrot
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-18 01:46
@ Naar;

Your IMEI is a 15 digit number, and it might be on the box, over here in the Netherlands it is on my bill, but since you don't have that it is useless to search for it there.........

since you cannot start the phone you also can't see it there (

I opened up my t68i to see if it was on the sticker, but too bad it is not registered there also......

but I suggest you write down everything what is on any sticker you have, as well on the inside of the phone as on the box and send that to the SE support.......guess somehow they should it figure out.

Maybe you have a chance at the shop, they should have a register where they write it down (only guessing)

good luck and let us know if you find you IMEI....

[addsig]
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-18 16:27
@ mscarrot

no i found the imei number i was just asking what it stands for. i found everything that i needed, i even wrote down the power and voltage of the battery to be sure too

all im waiting now is for a reply from them. i think i should get a reply on monday, so till then im keeping my fingers crossed

thank you all
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi