Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE failing in producing good phones?

Previous  123 45 ... 303132  Next
Author SE failing in producing good phones?
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-05-16 12:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
One of the reasons why se is releasing so many mid and low end phones is because of the markets they are targeting. These are the features AND pricepoint that would suit them and hopefully sell the most there. At the same time get a stronger foot hold in the markets here.

But that's no reason not to give us a few high end phones now rather than only at the end of the year unless they are taking longer than expected to design which is probably the real reason for the missing high end se phones.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-16 14:24
high end fones reflect for me the top techn of a brand. i do miss it at se and if thats the most they can offer, when i look on theis m and p series, i am very disappointed. of course its easier to earn money with mid and low range fones, but nokia is more clever and tends in the direction, that mid range fones have more high end marks in the devices and i like that idea. just look at e50 for example
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-16 14:34
SE can and do produce very good devices in the medium/low sector, much cheaper and better specced than equivalent Nokia models, especially on PAYG.
I do also bemoan the lack of more flagship devices from SE, but unless your in the market for a smartphone i see very little reason to look beyond SE for VFM!!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-05-16 15:46

On 2007-05-16 14:34:29, mweb6161 wrote:
but unless your in the market for a smartphone i see very little reason to look beyond SE for VFM!!

Not sure what you mean here. If you are in the market for mid to low end there are many, many comparable offerings on par with SE.

SE's high-end (supposedly high-end) phones are nothing less than a disaster. I had an M600i. Kept is maybe 2 months. It was nothing less than terrible. I got an E-61 as a gift and until I got the N95, it was the best and most stable Symbian phone I have ever used.

SE has screwed the pooh on this end. I will consider them last when it comes to a technological phone.

*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-05-16 15:57

On 2007-05-16 14:24:05, BobaFett wrote:
high end fones reflect for me the top techn of a brand. i do miss it at se and if thats the most they can offer, when i look on theis m and p series, i am very disappointed. of course its easier to earn money with mid and low range fones, but nokia is more clever and tends in the direction, that mid range fones have more high end marks in the devices and i like that idea. just look at e50 for example

Exactly my friend.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-16 16:02

On 2007-05-16 15:46:31, sapporobaby wrote:

On 2007-05-16 14:34:29, mweb6161 wrote:
but unless your in the market for a smartphone i see very little reason to look beyond SE for VFM!!

Not sure what you mean here. If you are in the market for mid to low end there are many, many comparable offerings on par with SE.

SE's high-end (supposedly high-end) phones are nothing less than a disaster. I had an M600i. Kept is maybe 2 months. It was nothing less than terrible. I got an E-61 as a gift and until I got the N95, it was the best and most stable Symbian phone I have ever used.

SE has screwed the pooh on this end. I will consider them last when it comes to a technological phone.

Comparable offerings being ? How familier are you with the UK market?, SE storms all price points below £175 with perhaps only Samsung offering any competition.
And define a "Technological" phone!!
Am i bothered!!.

[ This Message was edited by: mweb6161 on 2007-05-16 15:07 ]
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-16 16:04
when the w800/10 were released they were at the top off their game. Fantastic mp3 players and cameras and you would only expect that to get better, however instead they take one of those strong features away and leave it with one!
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-16 17:01
don't worry. soon you'll see some "innovation" from
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-05-16 23:07

On 2007-05-16 17:01:49, thecoolsha wrote:
don't worry. soon you'll see some "innovation" from

SE needs to worry. Nokia is eating their lunch.

sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-05-16 23:11

Comparable offerings being ? How familier are you with the UK market?, SE storms all price points below £175 with perhaps only Samsung offering any competition.

We were not talking about price points but okay. SE is throw crap at the wall and seeing what sticks.

With the N95 (technological phone - maybe the wrong word), Nokia is targeting different market segments and they are buying the phones. People have waited for this phone and from the initial sales figures, Nokia is doing quite well.

Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2007-05-17 16:40

SE needs to worry. Nokia is eating their lunch.

You got it wrong here. Its not SEs lunch they are eating, its Samsungs and Motos. At least that's what the last quarter's market share figures have shown us.

[ This Message was edited by: Arne Anka on 2007-05-17 15:41 ]
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-17 16:47

On 2007-05-16 23:11:07, sapporobaby wrote:

We were not talking about price points but okay. SE is throw crap at the wall and seeing what sticks.

With the N95 (technological phone - maybe the wrong word), Nokia is targeting different market segments and they are buying the phones. People have waited for this phone and from the initial sales figures, Nokia is doing quite well.

Nokia have the upper market sewn up i agree, but in the mid-low sector in MY home market, SE sells better than all, thats where the bread and butter sales are, "Crap" such as? it's about time you got specific instead of hurling general Nokia fanboy claptrap!!
Am i bothered!!.

[ This Message was edited by: mweb6161 on 2007-05-17 15:50 ]
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-17 18:27
The only reason why SE is so populer is because Sony owns them. If this wasnt the case, this would all be a very diffrent story..
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-17 20:17
Hi all,

To be honest all this who produces what in which market sector and makes the most money is really of very little interest to me. Unless you either work for Nokia or SE or own a large amount of shares i would imagine it really has very little impact on anyone here's life in any way.

What does count and is of importance to me and i would imagine most of you also is who is producing the type of devices that we want to own. Also who is producing the most technologically advanced devices and sorry but on this front SE are not even currently in the game although they should be.

I am also not just talking about smart phones either the 5 mega pixel camera phone has been a rumour for so long now it is a joke as still no announcement. In the meantime Nokia have launched one 5 mega pixel camera smart phone the N95 which also happens to be a best seller and have now already announced another 5 meg camera smart phone and nothing from SE even announcing a possible launch.

This is IMO is the problem every one expected great things from the 8th May announcement and all we got was the P1 the worlds worst kept secret besides the name and admittedly a very nice T650 but neither of these are truly cutting edge devices and both look to be very expensive for old tech.
If SE don't announce something soon by the time they launch devices in 2008 they are going to be so far behind to what is already available IMO they will have lost even more of their user base as more and more users are being forced to look else where as they don't have any new products to attract them. Just rehousing a K800 and and modifying the UI doesn't really count as something new.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-05-17 22:18 ]
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-17 20:29
Dogman I think has just said th best point so far! To be honest I think all this sofia nonsence is rubbish, its just rumours and no evidence. Il believe it when its announced and in stores! Sony own SE and I think they should me ashamed! With all the great gadgets Sony have they should be making nokia look like crap!

This is turning into a bit like propaganda and its sick! SE are you, or are you not going to release this Sofia?

[ This Message was edited by: KingBooker5 on 2007-05-17 19:37 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 303132  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic