Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson new product announcements

Previous  123 45 ... 222324  Next
Author Sony Ericsson new product announcements
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-28 10:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-04-28 07:12:00, nokiamaniax wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-04-28 06:58:41, Prom1 wrote:
For gadsake ... if Motorola can get a working prototype on the Z8 for peeks sake SE get with it, and put your BACK into it. I make a little more quid now so give me something to TAKE my money ... if not then its the Blackberry 8300 (WiFi) or the DoPoD C730 for me!

See u're losing customer because u're abandoning US! Higer end market!
All we want just ALL IN ONE DEVICE!
ru listening to us? Or u just play dumb? Deaf or stupid perhaps?

of course SE is listening to you.....but they like to stick to their game plan because....they prefer to listen to the mass market and not us die hard geek

All mobile phone maker is having the lowest ASP and having all sorts of profit warning......even motorola is showing a lost this quarter.

BUT SonyE still making growth year to year even though the quarter to quarter is having a drop which is a normal trend as Q4 is always strongest thanks to x'mas season. They are still the company with high gross margin and ASP....which also meaning they get more profit from us hahahaha.

Yup they seem to or already abandoning the high tech portion. Yet they like what they gain.

this is the second year SE is giving back money to their parent.....it is helping sony.

We hate their method but this is the real world....." Man Every body got to it" so they might just continue to ignoring what we request because they need profit....

maybe they have a big review of what went wrong when ericsson becoming Se due to huge lost....it is they decide not to be the technology leader anymore due to the burden financially.

But guys...if you do always interested in SE and do always visiting their homepage....look into their Career page...why complain so much and no action...try your luck and become their employee and change it.

BTW i saw them hiring WiMAX engineer.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-28 10:16
resend...so removed

[ This Message was edited by: c96sthl on 2007-04-28 09:17 ]
Bambino
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-04-28 11:25
Yeah its tiring for us to be fed up with something same with not so diffrent housing.
When we get mew what can we tell to persuade other brand user to go to ?
SE have nice & user friendly menu? Its not enough due to crappy hardware.

Ok maybe have strong sales in mid - low end sales. But people with tech minded may buy SECOND HAND PHONE (more advanced phone like n93, n73) which is cheaper/equal than new with lowerer specs rather than choose

Also lately in this forum, i see many die hard be starting to have nokia as their primary phone
saddening isnt it? Yeah they'll still use as their secondary.

What on earth can stick to this strategy!
human changes, trends changes, market changes, need changes, ALSO HAVE TO CHANGES
i dunno how effective their low - mid end strategy last. At least have starting to BRING THEIR NON TOUCH SCREEN UIQ SMARTPHONE INTO LOW-MID END PHONE!

dr_thug
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-04-28 12:00
Woah!! 10 SE smiley in the last post...nokiamaniax,r u really nokia manic or SE manic??
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-04-28 12:00
You can make me eat this post on May 9th, but I don't see a major prod on the horizon... They'll now paint the low-midrange market black and orange and milk it for all it's worth... It's a corporation after all! The Irish SE managing direx last year was interviewed in an irish business paper about absence of any high-end SE-products in Ireland, and in polite pr-lingo he basically said, "f*ck the handful of irish tech-freaks...we'll flood the irish market with cheap stuff, cause it's all they understand"... Well, that's what it boiled down to' really! And I'm not claiming nokia is any different. it's just kind of fluctuating, and currently (esp'ly thanks to the initially underrated s60 3rd. Ed.) nokia have the better mid- to high-end phones - that's my opinion and within 8-12 months that might change, but I'd be surprised and lick these words of the screen! [addsig]
Bambino
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-04-28 12:35
Quote:

On 2007-04-28 12:00:24, dr_thug wrote:
r u really nokia manic or SE manic??

I'm moving to light side. I'm a Jedi knight now

Quote:

On 2007-04-28 12:00:54, maggflodd wrote:
You can make me eat this post on May 9th, but I don't see a major prod on the horizon... They'll now paint the low-midrange market black and orange and milk it for all it's worth... It's a corporation after all! The Irish SE managing direx last year was interviewed in an irish business paper about absence of any high-end SE-products in Ireland, and in polite pr-lingo he basically said, "f*ck the handful of irish tech-freaks...we'll flood the irish market with cheap stuff, cause it's all they understand"...

I think have to educate or make market education about smarphone market, just like nokia did with its Nokia Hospitality Lounge and its free!
Or if stubborn and still flooding market with dumb phone, perhaps WE'RE AS DIEHARD FANS SHOULD EDUCATE
rambo47
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-04-28 15:05

On 2007-04-28 12:00:54, maggflodd wrote:
You can make me eat this post on May 9th, but I don't see a major prod on the horizon... They'll now paint the low-midrange market black and orange and milk it for all it's worth... It's a corporation after all! The Irish SE managing direx last year was interviewed in an irish business paper about absence of any high-end SE-products in Ireland, and in polite pr-lingo he basically said, "f*ck the handful of irish tech-freaks...we'll flood the irish market with cheap stuff, cause it's all they understand"... Well, that's what it boiled down to' really! And I'm not claiming nokia is any different. it's just kind of fluctuating, and currently (esp'ly thanks to the initially underrated s60 3rd. Ed.) nokia have the better mid- to high-end phones - that's my opinion and within 8-12 months that might change, but I'd be surprised and lick these words of the screen!

Exactly so. SE's concentration on the mid to low end of the market illustrates their broader strategy to sell where people are buying. Smart from a business point of view, but disappointing to powerusers and über-geeks like us. That's the problem with the people on a site like Esate - we're generally the hard core users, not the general public. And what's good for the geeks might not be a big seller for the average Joe.
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry 8220
Blackberry 7105t
Bambino
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-04-28 15:51
@rambo47
Agree! For power user like us, its a dissapointment.
I think should split up their division, one for smartphone (like n-series) one for generic model.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-28 16:02
Hi all,

Whilst i agree with a lot of what has been said you are in my case preaching to the converted. I jumped ship just over 9 months ago now and although at the time i thought the lack of a touchscreen smart phone was going to be a big problem. i discovered for me it really isn't, in fact i now prefer it and I'm not saying any one else has to either.

Up until i changed my devices away from SE at least 90% of all my mobiles had been Ericsson and then SE my data devices were only ever Ericsson or SE. UIQ3 was such a let down on launch and even after 5-6 months that i looked elsewhere. Ericsson always was the introducer of the latest tech and pushed the boundaries they may not of had the largest market share or profitability but their products stood for something Quality and stability being the main features.

Lets face it although the P990 when announced was leading edge tech by the time it launched it's specs were outdated and new devices were already launched with much higher spec's even the new devices leaked so far are still using the same tech hardware wise except for the P700 that has greatly improved RAM and tweaked OS which is how UIQ3 devices should of launched 9 months ago IMHO. Can you of imagined the rave reviews and happy customer testimonials just like it used to be with Ericsson or SE launched devices. Instead of which we have devices with hundreds of pages of problems and new firmware threads that have dragged on for over 6 months and now to finally sort it they will be given new OS to make it right.

Even with the new OS being retro fitted to the initial UIQ3 devices this is how the should of launched IMHO. As good as that is it can't improve the hardware limitations that mean no VGA 640x480 30fps Video recording, no optical zoom still only b for WiFi.

SE really need to get their new UIQ devices right and they also need to up the specifications not having HSPDA at this time is absurd on a data device. it is neither expensive or unreliable technology so there is no excuse not to have. The same goes for no North American band support and no EDGE none of these are complex or expensive to implement. Same goes for a device with WiFi not having a SIP client or the ability to run VOIP.

Personally as some others think i blame Sony for a lot of what has changed more profit and cheap marketing tricks and products that are expensive because of the Sony part but lacking in substance. I would love to see Ericsson break a way from Sony and produce top quality leading edge devices once more something to truly desire. Nothing would make me happier and i would be first in the que for such a new device launched at what ever price.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
turboy
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-05-03 14:49

The countdown is on!

4 Days to go...
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-03 16:34

On 2007-04-28 16:02:58, Dogmann wrote:SE really need to get their new UIQ devices right and they also need to up the specifications not having HSPDA at this time is absurd on a data device. it is neither expensive or unreliable technology so there is no excuse not to have. The same goes for no North American band support and no EDGE none of these are complex or expensive to implement. Same goes for a device with WiFi not having a SIP client or the ability to run VOIP.

Marc

I totally agree Marc.

Whats really said is SE was the pioneer of SYmbian OS based smartphones, the R38x! SE must STOP being the innovator in releasing or announcing devices TOO early = P990i. If the stop doing this then they can source out the best hardware components - look outside the Ericsson parts bin - and THEN announce when multiple prototypes have been made and push to the FCC or any other wireless org and release quickly.

Whats really sad is the Motorola will be releasing the UIQ3 Phone Z8! Non-touchscreen with sweet user interface (something that Moto is NOT good at but they've out done themselves). Most importantly the ability to RECORD & PLAYBACK (H.264 only) of QVGA resolution 320 × 240!

I want smartphone abilities but I don't want to be limited to stable OS of RIM. I'm SOOOOOO on the verge of just taking the bullet for now and getting an K790a as its now cheap - gotta have A2DP music and quality photos - however, the HTC S621 (S620 but provider sourced) is just around $75 more well within my abilities to grab one right now. However I loathe the UI of MS Mobile 5 SMartphone 2ndEd. However it HAS WiFi.

Java apps are mature, but STILL limited by the hardware and abilities to access ALL subcomponents of the SE OS.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2007-05-03 16:51

On 2007-04-28 06:49:12, *Jojo* wrote:
Yup, hope it's the successor of the K810i . . . !

It better be!!!
Although theres no spy pics etc about it...
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-05-03 17:24
Theres a lot of people saying that se is going for profitability which is true but I don't think it means that we're less likely to get high end phones, it just means more low and mid end phones.

Also hsdpa is on a lot of peoples wish list. But why do you need 1.8 or even 3.6mps on your phone unless you're going to download large files very often. Its good to know you can do it but its not a feature that people will use regularly at least not without charging often. With the p700 it seems se is trying to fix the basics - solid performance, longer battery life. I'm willing to give up hsdpa (since wifi is there) and not bother with gps.

I'm expecting p700 announced next week and k850 and possible maria for christmas time.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-03 20:51

On 2007-05-03 17:24:42, londonlad123 wrote:
Theres a lot of people saying that se is going for profitability which is true but I don't think it means that we're less likely to get high end phones, it just means more low and mid end phones.

Also hsdpa is on a lot of peoples wish list. But why do you need 1.8 or even 3.6mps on your phone unless you're going to download large files very often. Its good to know you can do it but its not a feature that people will use regularly at least not without charging often. With the p700 it seems se is trying to fix the basics - solid performance, longer battery life. I'm willing to give up hsdpa (since wifi is there) and not bother with gps.

I'm expecting p700 announced next week and k850 and possible maria for christmas time.

low & mid-range phones allow for ANY manufacturer to make quick profits per unit - in emerging markets like India, China, and Russia. However the cream of profits need high end phones.

> basics like battery life should have NEVER happened with SE as testament of K series. Regarding solid performance not sure what you're refering too.
rambo47
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-05-03 21:54
The K810i has barely begun shipping so I don't expect the K850 to show up for a while. I'd love to see it, but I don't think it will do to get all lathered up for it. Look at what Nokia announced today - 7 Low-end Phones - no high-end phones. I expect this trend to continue throughout the industry. Sure, SE will announce a new high-end model here and there, but the emphasis is on the cheaper, easier to sell stuff. The big $$ is in the developing markets with high-margin, high volume mobiles. Sucks for the cognocenti of the mobile world like those of us here on Esato.
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry 8220
Blackberry 7105t
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 222324  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic