Author k800i dead
hanugro
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-18 08:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2007-01-18 08:20:21, dj christian wrote:
kulankedi killed my k800 im gonna sue them.

[ This Message was edited by: dj christian on 2007-01-18 07:20 ]

You should go to their forum first at forum.gsmhosting.com. I got my problem solved by Kulan there. Give detail of what happen and the logs file created by kulan client.

Sorry about your phone but I think it just an unfinalised flash. He could give you back the credit after analysing your situation.
madhavs
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-18 16:16
Guys,
I\\'ve been facing a peculiar problem. I picked up a SE K800i from Singapore and the phone has been working perfectly for about three weeks. Yesterday I checked some pics taken from the phone and then just put the phone away for about an hr. Later when I picked it up the display had completely disappeared. Pressing any key wouldjust bring a white screen and that would just fade away leaveing some vertical black lines. Surprisingly I was still on the network n people could call me. I tried to reboot, but no display only white screen. Sometimes I get on the network... Should I try the same option of upgrading the firmware or is this something different?
Any help here will be very helpful and much appreciated coz I can\\'t take it back to Singapore, coz I live in India!
hanugro
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-19 07:38
Quote:

On 2007-01-18 16:16:31, madhavs wrote:
Guys,
I\\'ve been facing a peculiar problem. I picked up a SE K800i from Singapore and the phone has been working perfectly for about three weeks. Yesterday I checked some pics taken from the phone and then just put the phone away for about an hr. Later when I picked it up the display had completely disappeared. Pressing any key wouldjust bring a white screen and that would just fade away leaveing some vertical black lines. Surprisingly I was still on the network n people could call me. I tried to reboot, but no display only white screen. Sometimes I get on the network... Should I try the same option of upgrading the firmware or is this something different?
Any help here will be very helpful and much appreciated coz I can\\'t take it back to Singapore, coz I live in India!

First do NOT do firmware upgrade yet. Try kulan client with kulan/kulan as login/password and click update EROM. Check its manual you need to press 2+5 instead of c for EROM upgrade. Tell me if it fix it.

Or you can use wotan client also free but I don't know how since I can't run it. Do a search here about EROM update! I gotta go now so I can't detail it to you.
madhavs
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-20 18:01
I took my phone to the SE service center and got it checked. They were unable to fix it and asked me to send it to Singapore and get a replacement under warranty. So I just got the phone back removed the batt and put it away as I'm not going to Singapore anytime now.

Today I just downloaded Kulan and wanted to check if something shows up... I put the batt back in and started it and surprise!! the phone started and everything worked fine!!

Dunno if removing the batt and leaving the phone for over a day helped?? Don't understand how it corrected itself!! Anyway I was thrilled and happy that I don't have to think of sending it to Singapore or anything (until the next time this happens Anyway thanks for all the help and advice. I've understood that the SEK800i is not a hassle free phone and can fail you unexpectedly!
[c3]
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-20 21:39
Quote:

On 2007-01-20 18:01:43, madhavs wrote:
I took my phone to the SE service center and got it checked. They were unable to fix it and asked me to send it to Singapore and get a replacement under warranty. So I just got the phone back removed the batt and put it away as I'm not going to Singapore anytime now.

Today I just downloaded Kulan and wanted to check if something shows up... I put the batt back in and started it and surprise!! the phone started and everything worked fine!!

Dunno if removing the batt and leaving the phone for over a day helped?? Don't understand how it corrected itself!! Anyway I was thrilled and happy that I don't have to think of sending it to Singapore or anything (until the next time this happens Anyway thanks for all the help and advice. I've understood that the SEK800i is not a hassle free phone and can fail you unexpectedly!

im so glad ur fone worked man, my phone has the same problem, we dont have a SESC in montreal, so i called the one in some other city here in CAnada, and they told me that it would take around 60 to 120 days, so ill do what u did, and leave the phone off the battery for the whole day and check it tommorow see if it works, if not then ill have to send it to Kuwait or something, cuz i bought it from there, im so disapointed with the K800i, never thougth a sonyericsson would fail me like that!, just wanted to ask u a quick q, when u used to turn ur fone on, was there a flashing red light next to the IR port? thanks
hanugro
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-21 02:29
Quote:

On 2007-01-20 18:01:43, madhavs wrote:

There is sameone in Kulan forum said that you also can fix WSOD/phone can't turn on with shorting the internal batt. I have no idea if it works but you must open up the phone in this method.
I guess it is similar when you try to reset the computer bios setting. Usually there is jumper near mothervoard back up battery to clear BIOS setting. Well, I guess turning off the phone for more than a day may clear whatever wrong setting by old R3A011 EROM. Worth A try if you got CID51 EROM.
Now that you have working k800 again, I suggest you to check your EROM and update it with Kulan if you got older than R3A016 EROM.
madhavs
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-22 06:52
Thanks hanugro for that piece of info... I have one question, I read somewhere (not sure if it was in this forum) that updating my EROM will void my warranty. Is this true for the Kulan update? If yes, then I\\'d rather not do it as my phone is just 3 weeks old and would like to get it replaced if another unrecoverable failure occurs.

Oh! btw, there was no flashing IR LED for me. Infact I could receive calls and play music on the phone. Only that my diplay was all corrupted and would only flash a White screen!

Now I\\'m not completely sure if this was a complete EROM failure or just a snag with the display.

Funny part SE service center said that the phone was gone and needed a replacement !!
hanugro
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-22 07:36
Quote:

On 2007-01-22 06:52:50, madhavs wrote:
Thanks hanugro for that piece of info... I have one question, I read somewhere (not sure if it was in this forum) that updating my EROM will void my warranty. Is this true for the Kulan update? If yes, then I\\'d rather not do it as my phone is just 3 weeks old and would like to get it replaced if another unrecoverable failure occurs.

Well, if they know it then maybe. But I doubt they will know it. Unless all K800 sold in Singapore is R3A011 and when they receive problem phone then they replace it with R3A011 again. They can deduce that if you got R3A016 k800 then you have done something to your phone. (There is no region information in EROM (generic). Also I update firmware using SEUS after I updated my EROM so the loader info in my phone shows SEUS.

Quote:

Oh! btw, there was no flashing IR LED for me. Infact I could receive calls and play music on the phone. Only that my diplay was all corrupted and would only flash a White screen!
Now I\\'m not completely sure if this was a complete EROM failure or just a snag with the display.

Hm, maybe not EROM problem then because most of ppl that having complete WSOD/(can't turn on phone) can't fix it simply by taking the batt off.

Quote:

Funny part SE service center said that the phone was gone and needed a replacement !!

Here in Indonesia they denied that they can update EROM. Well, I don't really care and upgrade my EROM anyway because I can't afford a week repair job at SE authorised service centre if something happen with my phone. I bought Z610 for my wife in Singapore and I change the language to TAIWAN. Now that really void warranty.
madhavs
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-22 08:48
I just checked my phone setting info and this is what I found

Sofware ver: R1GB001
EROM: R3A016
LCD SW Ver: 200610121

So looks like the EROM is the latest and I cannot tamper with it.

And this is not something the SE service center updated here, coz they said that the it was not repairable and they have not updated any S/W on the phone. Looks like this EROM is what the phone came with and the date it displays is 11/29/06 and the phone was purchased on the 20th Dec 2006.

[ This Message was edited by: madhavs on 2007-01-22 07:54 ]
hanugro
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-22 09:27
Quote:

On 2007-01-22 08:48:37, madhavs wrote:
I just checked my phone setting info and this is what I found

Sofware ver: R1GB001
EROM: R3A016
LCD SW Ver: 200610121

So looks like the EROM is the latest and I cannot tamper with it.

And this is not something the SE service center updated here, coz they said that the it was not repairable and they have not updated any S/W on the phone. Looks like this EROM is what the phone came with and the date it displays is 11/29/06 and the phone was purchased on the 20th Dec 2006.

[ This Message was edited by: madhavs on 2007-01-22 07:54 ]

Yes you got latest EROM and firmware. I think you are lucky because if you got older EROM then your phone might not turn back on.
christo_stoi
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-02-11 18:53
So my phone is now recognised when i hole 'c' and plug it in. I cannot however use Kulan anymore, it now needs a username/ password other than kulan, kulan, and does not work with either ''flash phone " or "read info" buttons

On Wotan client, when i press 2,5, it says,

Connect your phone, pressing "C"
waiting...
phone found.
DB2020 detected
LOADER: payload failed
==FAILED==
Duration: 00:04

between DB2020 detected and LOADER: payload failed, there is usually a large pause, and a sound made by windows, which would indicate a usb device being unpluged, and then the LOADER part, similarly if i remove the cable, it displays the same thing.

When i hold 'c' it says

Connect your phone, pressing "C"
waiting...
Phone found.
Phone connection failed
Remoce battery for a while and try again
==FAILED==
Duration: 0034

and again there is a large pause between phone found, and Phone connection failed. with the windows noise resulting in the phone connection failed.

I am assuming that the phone connection times out which is why the same thing is displayed, whether i wait for 5 mins or unplug the phone.

Does this new information provide any clarity that there is an actual hardware problem? And what is a payloader.

Sorry for such a long message, and taking a scab off an old wound!

Any help would be greatfully recieved.

murtzzz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-02-28 22:11
Hi!

My K800i just died on me.. Im seeing the infrared light flash everytime I press the power key!

I came across this forum whilst searching on Google. If tried some of the things talked about on here.. the Wotanclient and kulan etc.. but it doesnt work.. the kulan passwords are incorrect... And the Wotanclient just stays on the Pressing C Waiting part.

Please please help!!
englshboi
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-03-01 07:37
Hey guys,

I'm sorry to say that I am now one of the many people that has a K800i that has died from problems with the software. Unfortunately I just bought the phone from a Chinese girl in San Francisco who got the phone in Hong Kong and so have nowhere to return it. I don't even have the USB cable that comes with the phone.

I'm guessing that I'll need this cable to do anything with my phone so I'm going to try and get one locally. When I used my friends cable & loaded the software from his K790i that he purchased here in the US, my phone wasn't recognised by my computer. Is this because my phone has an older software version? How do I check what I currently have?

OK, so I guess what I'm asking for is advice on the first easy steps to try to fix my phone. Then if they don't work I'll move on & try the more advanced steps. I have ALL my contacts on my phone so I want to try & get it to work without losing those or my pictures because I have no backups.

What should I avoid doing initially so that I do not lose the contacts on my phone?
Neo-Tech
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-01 08:06
Follow the instructions in this thread. You dont need to bu anything it's free

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=141436
hanugro
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-01 08:43
Quote:

On 2007-03-01 07:37:28, englshboi wrote:

I'm guessing that I'll need this cable to do anything with my phone so I'm going to try and get one locally. When I used my friends cable & loaded the software from his K790i that he purchased here in the US, my phone wasn't recognised by my computer. Is this because my phone has an older software version? How do I check what I currently have?

There are few steps you need to try first:
1. Make sure you got latest USB Flash driver.
2. You need fully charge batt Charge your batt in your friend's k790 phone to make sure it is fully charge.
3. Take the batt out for longer period (5-10mins).
4. Short the internal batt connector (NOT the batt itself)
5. Make sure you plug the phone directly to computer's USB (Don't use USB hub).
6. Unplug unnecessary USB device
7. The computer (windoze) itself may be at fault. Try using other computer (preferably freshly installed windoze) or clean your windoze registry.

Also it is quite normal for the wotan/kulan client to take few secs to recognised your phone. Keep pressing c button on phone until the client has recognised your phone.

Quote:

OK, so I guess what I'm asking for is advice on the first easy steps to try to fix my phone. Then if they don't work I'll move on & try the more advanced steps. I have ALL my contacts on my phone so I want to try & get it to work without losing those or my pictures because I have no backups.

What should I avoid doing initially so that I do not lose the contacts on my phone?

Updating phone EROM does not delete your contact. No worries about that. If you want to flash your firmware using third party then it will delete your contact. For now try to do EROM update first then immidiately save your contact to computer. I recommend My Phone Explorer 1.5.8 (small and free SE sync)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi