Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > NEW HPM-82 Walkman Headphones with Remote

Author NEW HPM-82 Walkman Headphones with Remote
adnhk1
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-09-15 03:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-09-14 20:27:06, masseur wrote:
...none of which match these HPM-82's

I was very skeptical when I got mine but now having used them for 2 days I'm actually quite impressed by the sound quality and obviously the control

one major upset is that the start/pause button only starts the music player even if the last thing you did was listen to the radio. So in that respect it doesn't work like the left hand entertainment button meaning if you want to use the radio you have to start it from the phone

apart from that... well worth the money!

Hi masseur,

for Music on P990i, does the ffw and rrew actually skips or rewind to the next and previous song respectively, or actually performaing a fast forwarding and fast rewinging?

Also, on the P990i FM, can you use the remote to change stations?

Lastly, what about volume control? Does the max vol pushes P990i's volume even higher cos as we all knew, P990i's media player's volume is really quite low hence it will be an added advantage if HPM-82 can push its volume higher.

Thanks in advance.
utsavtalwar
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-15 20:32
hey

masseur please if possible confirm if the sound output and bass on the k800/k790i using hpm 82 has improved over hpm 70 coz hpm 70 volume on k790 is sooo low..
will really appreciate a reply ...

cheers
free4real4U
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-06 09:28
Using a K750i (with R1CA021 firmware), the HPM-82 can:
- Start media player / radio / last run (according to your settings)
- Stop media player / radio / last run (according to your settings)
- Go to previous track (media player)
- Go to next track (media player)
- Raise volume (media player / radio)
- Lower volume (media player / radio)

but can't:
- Go to next radio station
- Go to previous radio station
- Go to next preset radio station
- Go to previous preset radio station
- Do fast forward in media player
- Do fast rewind in media player

It's a little slower than phone control buttons (mostly for the volume control).

For every control on the remote I tried to click and to click and hold the button (we never know...).

Hope it helps.

Quality is good, but I didn't do any comparison with HPM-70 (that I own too) at his moment. Certainly later on...
utsavtalwar
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-13 11:16
it will be really apprciated if someone compares sound of hpm 82 on k800i to that with hpm 70 ..
really appreciate.
cheers
utsav
vizzpv
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-13 20:56
@free4real4U ,
i am waiting for you to give me a comparisn between HPM-70 and this new baby !!..

People anyone knows whats the price in indian rupee and is it available ?
SE k750i + MSPD 2G
P9DYL
W850 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-15 20:35
think im gona buy the hpm 82's but ive just notices these, not sure if they are official se what you guys think? good price too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-Er[....]eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
iazybandit
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-16 23:38
Quote:

On 2006-10-15 20:35:25, P9DYL wrote:
think im gona buy the hpm 82's but ive just notices these, not sure if they are official se what you guys think? good price too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-Er[....]eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The OEM SE HPM-82 pictures were posted a page back. OEM HPM-82 are all black, has the WALKMAN logo on it. The one you linked is made by a different company that does the same thing as the HPM-82
[center]
[size=1]unlocked w810i w/k750 back, 1gb sandisk mspduo, hbh-gv435, custom theme[/size][/center]
webmaster - [url=http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk]the psp review sit
P9DYL
W850 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-17 19:30
yeh i know which ones are which, but i said i just noticed the ones that i posted the link for which may have changed my mind instead of buying hpm 82's, but i wanted to know if they were official as i have never seen them b4 , but they say sony ericsson on them.
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-17 20:17
They are not genuine product. Here is anothre link to the same thing:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/10150.htm
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
badger6
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-10-17 21:16
I wouldn't recommend these. I had bought them some time ago, before hpm-82 was released and they broke down after one month due to poor build quality. In my opinion it's better to pay more nad buy genuine hpm-82 which I have now
nandy
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 11:11
Hey I heard of an FM transmitter that will help u connect the fone to your car stereo system and you can either listen to songs or and this is the best feature...use it to answer calls n talk handsfree as there is a small mic on the transmitter + ur car speakers act as the speakers....I think its a cool idea! BBetter than the MMR 60.
P9DYL
W850 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 20:12
^^ this sounds very interdesting, got any links?

I just got my new hpm 82's today, can argue with the quality but is there any way to pause? i press the play button to pause and it just stops whatever im doing and takes me back to the main menu
butterguy
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-10-24 15:45
in theory any fm tuner should work and use the car's sound system as speaker and provided the adapter with mic is connected you should have yourself a nifty car hands-free system. My gf got one those fm tuners from ebay from abroad while they were still "illegal" in the UK and it works fine.
can't wait till we have chips implanted in our brains and the size issue goes back to being something else.
obakesan
W980
PM
Posted: 2006-11-08 00:41
just got these for a W850i and so far so good.

can do the following:

volume up/down
play/pause/stop walkman player.
play radio (short press for walkman, long for radio)
next/prev track / radio station
ffw/frw search next/prev radio station.
can ff/rw track but seems a bit flaky. it doesnt do it like player. press long press and hold song plays normal. release and song goes into ffw mode without playing but cant seem to stop it. same for back.

all in all great. be nice if ffw/frw worked better. maybe a firmware update will sort it. (phone shows HPM-82 on screen so prob spec function in firmware for it) nice if remote had a clip too.

cheers
dimenxian
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-11-16 19:26
Think I've found an HPM-82 and P990 bug!
And it's getting pretty annoying.

Assuming the phone is cold booted (i.e. just powered on) and you plug in the HPM-82 and then start the Media player, all buttons including next/prev track, start/stop, and volume up/down work fine on the remote.

BUT if you unplug the HPM-82 while the Media player is still running or in memory (note this is UIQ and it doesn't necessarily close the app when you think you have):
The remote's buttons won't work when next inserted!
The only way out is a cold boot (power-off-and-on-again!)

Force-closing the Media player in Task manager BEFORE the remote is removed appears to solve the problem, and I know the P990 is not on the list of supported devices, but I think having come so far and made it work, having to do this is a bit ludicrous.

Maybe someone else can confirm this problem...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi