Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues

Previous  123 ... 293031 ... 636465  Next
Author Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-04-07 09:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Use BluePhoneElite at: http://www.reelintelligence.com/BluePhoneElite/

Works great and is currently free.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-07 16:15
Not sure if this might be useful to some Mac people:

UMTS+GPRS4MacOS

Connect your Mac to UMTS and GPRS Mobile Networks

• Works with MacOSX and also with MacOS 9,8 and 7
  • Use the possibilities of your mobile phone or PCcard
  • Robust design and easy to use
  • Reasonable prized shareware (try before you buy)

What Is UMTS+GPRS4MacOS?

UMTS and GPRS are the way (in large parts of the world) to connect a laptop, PDA or mobile phone to the Internet or your company IP network through the mobile network in a way similar to DSL lines.
    The UMTS+GPRS4MacOS diskimage contains all it needs to complete the UMTS or GPRS dataconnection setup on your Mac.
    Typically, you also need a Mac , a UMTS or GPRS enabled mobile phone or PCMCIA card and a connection between the two, typically a cable or bluetooth. Don't forget the servicecontract of your mobile network provider.
  • sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-07 18:57
    Hey Jools,

I tried this. Could not get it to work. I have been using Nova Media's product and it is the real deal. I got lucky. They gave me a free copy because I mentioned their product to several of my GSM operator friends and to some Apple guys.

If you can, download a demo and try it. It is great.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
    tillmoscow
    T68 gold
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-07 22:08
    isync dosent see my k700i (R2AE033) anymore

OSX 10.3.8
    isync 1.5

When I bought the k700i everything worked fine with isync.
    After 2 weeks isync started to produce error messages and didn sync anymoe with my k700i.
    Then I removed the k700i from isync and tried to add it again.
    The following happens now: the phone produces the message "session completed", as if a sync session was completes successfuly. isync is saying "no device found".

I tried to delete the corresponding preference ect files (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.isync.plist and ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and ~/Library/Application Support/SyncService), removed the pairing on the k700i and on the computer and re-paired from the phone and from the computer. Without success. As well a master reset of the k700i didnt help...

Now Im asking myself what I could try next. Is there anyone with a similar issue who knows how this could be solved?

Thanks for your contributions!
    tillmoscow
    T68 gold
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-07 22:23
    and the (as it seems to me only) answer to my above mentioned isync problem is is indeed the following:

1. remove any pairing info on the s700i and the mac
    2. initiate pairing from S700i.
    3. Once paired, start iSync.
    4. Options to sync address book, calendar etc will appear ( should have 3 options)

The phone should appear in iSync.

(I am citing the solution posted by 'encro' in 'K700i R2A033 and iSync/OSX.3.7 issues' in esato.com) Thanks encro!

captainjippy
    T68 gold
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-08 19:38
    I have sony ericson K700i, iBook G4, OSX 10.3.8 iSync 1.5 (v139) D-link DBT-120 bluetooth adapter and an AOL account.

The K700i appears in the Bluetooth system prefs Devices but when I go add device in iSync it says no device found.

When trying to access AOL with T39 19.2 modem script selected, as sujested earlier and port: bluetooth-modem-port. I get the no carrier error message.

Having downloaded all the latest software and read much of the material surrounding similar problems I'm at a loss as to how to go on.
    sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-08 23:21
    @Jools,

Hey Jools, I just came across an interesting problem with iSync. It seems that when I create an entry in the phone book in my s700i, it does not sync back to my Mac. Have you noticed this. I can push the newly created address to the Mac via BT but iSync will not grab it an put it in the phone book. Any ideas about this?

Cheers

Jools
    C510 Black
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-09 01:50
    I've not noticed this with my K700. Last time I added a new contact to the phone (a couple of weeks ago), the next time I synced it appeared in Address Book ok.

I'll try it again... but it sounds like you may need to go through the deleting everything and starting again procedure...
    sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-09 02:08
    Deleting everything? Where, on the phone or a reset of iSync?

I also failed to mention that I use Address Book, iCal exclusively now. I was syncing with Entourage via e2sync. Not a bad program but just too many problems. Also, the Address Book is pretty robust for what I need.

vaughan
    S700
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-09 19:22
    Hi everyone.

This is my first post and so I appologise if I'm asking something that's already been asked.

I've just got a s700i on vodafone network. I have got it syncing with address book etc on powerbook G4, but would like to know if anyone has found a way of using mp3's as ringtones on it.

Heres hoping.
    sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-09 20:20
    If it is Vodafone branded, then you might be out of luck. Vodafone wants you to download stuff from their network.

thewiccaman
    P990
    PM, WWW
    Posted: 2005-04-09 22:30
    Quote:

... I've just got a s700i on vodafone network. I have got it syncing with address book etc on powerbook G4, but would like to know if anyone has found a way of using mp3's as ringtones on it.

Heres hoping.

The problem is you need to 'DRM' protect the mp3 files before you can use them as ringtones on a voda branded phone. It is possible if you use the Sony Ericsson DRM repackager program available here: http://seth.kvalitne.cz/index-3.html

The only problem is it requires WinXP so you'll need to run it in VPC to make your protected mp3s but I've had no problems.

Contact me if you need more info.

[ This Message was edited by: thewiccaman on 2005-04-09 21:31 ]
    sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-09 23:09
    Good hit Wic.

I just learned a bit more. I will file this for sure as I know someone else will want to do this.

vaughan
    S700
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-10 01:49
    Thanks Wiccaman,

I have now got the drm packager, haven't got virtual PC or XP but have a friend with an XP laptop who I will see soon. Hopefully all will work, will let you know.

Thanks again.
    bendiks
    P910
    PM
    Posted: 2005-04-10 08:36

This is my first post here, so please be gentle....

Being new to macs, I have been quite amazed about the ease of which the syncronization between my P910i and my iMac could be set up. There is one thing, though, that continues to annoy me - the sync is soooo sloooow. It takes the better part of an hour to complete, most of this time being used for downloading data from the phone (some 300k). I've searched the forums for users with similar issues but have so far found none. Anyone here who could enlighten me?

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
    Previous  123 ... 293031 ... 636465  Next
    Goto page:
    Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic