@Rog

Some benchmarks would be great.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-19 15:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
An interesting development by Sony

Sony Corp. (6758) will sell a smaller, lighter version of the PlayStation 3 console this holiday season as it tries to win back customers flocking to games played on mobile devices and personal computers.
The new consoles, which have more storage capacity than current models, will go on sale Sept. 25 in North America at $249 for 250 gigabytes of storage and $299 for 500 gigabytes, the company said today. Sony will also start the “PlayStation Mobile” service, through which users can download games on their smartphones and tablet computers, on Oct. 3, Andrew House, head of the games business, said in Tokyo.

The smaller PS3 will make its debut in Europe on Sept. 28 and in Japan on Oct. 4, Sony said.

Sony is also offering titles for Android-powered devices to extend its reach beyond users of game consoles. Its “PlayStation Mobile” Android service, renamed in June from “PlayStation Suite,” will be available next month in nine nations including the U.S., Canada, Germany, Australia and Japan, Sony said today. The service allows users to download and play titles made by Sony and third-party developers, it said

Source: Bloomberg
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-19 17:38
Is it just me or the just announced phones from HTC seem like Nokia-Sony design rip offs
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-09-19 18:08

On 2012-09-19 17:38:48, randomuser wrote:
Is it just me or the just announced phones from HTC seem like Nokia-Sony design rip offs

The 8X looks like the Lumia X Xperia for me =.=
Seems like MS is not playing fair here, they are using Nokia to promote WP8, after the job done, they can just leave Nokia die in the process....
This is a good reason Sony did not want to enter the WP8 platform
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-09-19 19:39

On 2012-09-19 17:38:48, randomuser wrote:

WTFFFFFFFFF
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-09-19 19:50
Sony’s new PlayStation Store for PlayStation Mobile opens 3rd October

Sony has finally given a solid release date for the launch of PlayStation Mobile. The new PlayStation Store for PlayStation Mobile will be launching two weeks today on Wednesday 3 October. It will initially be available in nine countries including Japan, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Australia with more to follow.

Sony also announced that a couple of additional manufacturers (Fujitsu and Sharp) have joined the PlayStation Certified license program.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-19 19:53
Sort of off topic, but yeah it looks kind of like lumia, but then again it looks kind of like one x too. As for similarity, thats one of the problems of windows phone devices, they all will just look and feel the same. If your into that then that's a plus point, but if your like me, then not so much. Although i must admit wp8 looks more promising than 7, I will probably see what they will do with 9 and 8 is just not warranting a jump to a new ecosystem.

I have faced the problem of shifting to android when it was new, with way too many crappy games and apps, none worth playing.

Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-09-19 19:58
Meet the men designing Sony's mobile future

Every day, like thousands of other men and women, Ippei Tambata and Shigeaki Suzuki head in to work in one of Tokyo’s most crowded business districts. But unlike most of the others streaming in on the city’s crowded trains, the product of their work is seen and held by millions around the world. The two men work in the Creative Design Department of Sony Mobile Communications (formerly Sony Ericsson), building the kinds of devices that CEO Kazuo Hirai hopes will propel the company back to profitability.

-Every new lineup takes years of research to create
    -"We don't go 'people in this region want this kind of phone.'"
    -The SX punches well above its weight class

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-09-19 20:14
Nice collection
Phone?? What phone??
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-19 21:53

On 2012-09-19 19:53:24, djin wrote:
As for similarity, thats one of the problems of windows phone devices, they all will just look and feel the same. If your into that then that's a plus point, but if your like me, then not so much.

The same applies to the 2012 Xperias as well:

I can only distinguish the NXT series. While the 2011 Xperias are completely different story:

Anyway, another clear example that the previous Xperias had much better design ( X10 rules here - that glossy curvy back combined with the chrome-like strip... outstanding! no sony xperia can compare with it; I'm gonna miss these great designs ):

[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-09-19 21:03 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Ravager
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-09-19 21:55
Two half years and my x10 still going strong, a bit sluggish from time to time though
Ravager
The tiny rabbit from outer space
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-19 22:07
@Mediar,

I find x10i, arc, xs and xT to be the best ones in recent years. I know 2012 devices are similar because they are part of series and also because every phone is in the same colour.

Btw, What I actually meant when I said that was with android, every manufacturer gets to differentiate from others. Just like in olden times when looking at the ui itself it would be enough to know that its made by / . The same applies now, Just by looking at the ui you can make out its /sony phone. But, that's not possible with windows phone. Its like the originality for which you like a certain company, is no longer there.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-19 22:30

On 2012-09-19 22:07:17, djin wrote:
@Mediar,

I find x10i, arc, xs and xT to be the best ones in recent years. I know 2012 devices are similar because they are part of series and also because every phone is in the same colour.

Btw, What I actually meant when I said that was with android, every manufacturer gets to differentiate from others. Just like in olden times when looking at the ui itself it would be enough to know that its made by / . The same applies now, Just by looking at the ui you can make out its /sony phone. But, that's not possible with windows phone. Its like the originality for which you like a certain company, is no longer there.

I quite agree with you. Well, I miss for that reason - in the past absolutely every phone had something unique in its design, no two phones were alike, and 5 years ago, when Nokia and Samsung were the one who released dozens of identical phones per year, we blamed them for that reason - lack of innovation and creativity. Now we like it call that "series". Really? Have we really changed our mind so drastic? Their phones were always dull and boring, fat and heavy, while SE had fresh ideas and their phones were the most attractive back then, you could never confuse SE phone with any other manufacture. That's why we loved them. Think about that! 2011 Xperias have that SE sparkle as well - they all share the "three-button" design "Arc series", but each one still has something unique and distinctive. While the 2012 line is exactly what I hated in Nokia and Samsung phones 5 years ago - all of them are soooooo identical, with some really really small differences between them that only expert can distinguish them. This is not the I used to love. Now they just overused the NXT and Arc design. One or two phones of each design series would be enough. Not 20. That's too much. You can't deny that!

I don't like the direction Sony is heading. Sony now just does what the other brands were doing a while ago - releasing ton of identical products. I don't like strategy. I've never really liked it. I didn't like it in the past, I don't like it now. And the fact Sony changed so much and killed its creativity really pisses me off! How can I not hate them?! And now you just tell me "if you don't like them, buy another phone". Really? After 10 years loyal fan to screw everything in a minute? I just can't do that. I want my old SE! I don't want HTC, Samsung or Nokia, I just want my old SE! I WANT IT! But no, Sony just killed it and now it just denies its existence. Is it fair?

And why are they doing that? Having identical phones, so they can differentiate from others? Really? That means they're afraid of being mistaken with the others. Which makes them just like the others. Come on, its Sony, they don't need to differentiate from others, because they ARE differentiate from others! Who doesn't know Sony! Or what Sony used to be in the past! HTC, Samsung or LG can even imagine having Sony's reputation. So this is useless. They just need to stop making 20+ identical products per year. Do you remember my previous signature? Make 3 unique phones, EACH ONE unique AND improve the product support and you're the bomb! Yes, I mean the forgotten 2011 and 2010 Xperias. Because this is shame for a company like Sony. Apple is dying, and someone needs to take its place. This is Sony's chance. But don't forget one thing - Apple just discontinued iPhone 3GS's support - a 2009 phone! If you know what I mean.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-09-19 22:11 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Raydemort
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-19 23:22

On 2012-09-19 22:30:45, mediar wrote:
Really? After 10 years loyal fan to screw everything in a minute?

To be fair, it's been months of excessive whining.

I agree that the design was more differentiated within the company last year, and some of the designs were more fun than some of the designs this year, but if we compare to other companies, Sony's phones still look unique, and better.

Also, just about everyone in this forum criticizes Sony of making to many similar phones this year, so the minds haven't been changed as much as you might think.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-09-20 01:35
@mediar

At this point reasoning with you is pointless because your mind is set.

However, I will say this. Sony took over this company this year. The phones you see in 2012 were all designed at the latest in 2011, probably earlier. Everything you see here except for perhaps the T, V and J (the facts aren't clear) were designed by the same people who designed the 2010 and the 2011 phones. You know what, they will still be designed by the same people, they've just moved to Japan now.

How can you say that you don't like the direction Sony's been moving in, when everything you see is a remnant of Sony Ericsson. We still don't know which direction Sony is moving in.

Beyond that Sony themselves have had a history of creating fabulous designs. See any of their Bravias, Vaios, Walkmans etc, etc.

If you feel like pulling out the strawman that "Sony has badly influenced the 2012 design", then why the hell not take it back another couple years. Why wouldn't they be start taking over back in 2009? How do you know that Sony wasn't influencial in the design of your precious Xperia X10 or Xperia Arc? Heck Sony could have been a huge influence in design since the Sony Ericsson partnership began years ago.

What you're saying is meaningless conjecture and subjective ranting.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2012-09-20 00:39 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 288289290 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic