Posted: 2008-07-14 10:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
amazing pictures
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 10:08
I wouldn't say amazing, but not too bad, and perfectly acceptable to attach to an email
scouser_75
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 11:58
@ Masseuer - An MR2 Mark 1! My uncle has one of those (T-Bar). Loves it to bits. Only has 30k on the clock. Totally mint condition. Never leaves the garage if its raining. If it looks as though it'll rain. etc etc etc Uncle lives in Kenya but travels back to the UK JUST to service and make sure car is OK.

And the pics dont look too bad. I've go a VIII which has a 3mp camera and the pics dont look as good as the iPhones 2mp camera!!!

PS Have you seen the film In Bruge? the church in the pics looks to be the same one as that in the film?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 12:14
lol, that seems to be common with these. This one is 59k miles (documented by service stamps and every MOT certificate) and has been (and probably will be) treated much the same!

not seen the movie but I've seen the trailer.

anyway... I'm quite happy with the iphone 3g. the gps seems very good, as good as it was on my TyTN, if not better, and the 3g data speeds are acceptable and there's so many free apps that are useful!

my latest free download is shazam which is similar to trackID and works very well. it also keeps a list of the song you have "tagged" and even provides a link to youtube to play the sony/video if its available
scouser_75
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 12:25

On 2008-07-14 12:14:47, masseur wrote:
lol, that seems to be common with these. This one is 59k miles (documented by service stamps and every MOT certificate) and has been (and probably will be) treated much the same!

not seen the movie but I've seen the trailer.

anyway... I'm quite happy with the iphone 3g. the gps seems very good, as good as it was on my TyTN, if not better, and the 3g data speeds are acceptable and there's so many free apps that are useful!

my latest free download is shazam which is similar to trackID and works very well. it also keeps a list of the song you have "tagged" and even provides a link to youtube to play the sony/video if its available

So, you'll be sticking with O2 then Masseur?

As for In Bruge - you have to watch it. GREAT film. And I hardly ever say that about a film
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 12:28
got my tmobile pac code (I like the way the just read it to you over the phone unlike some others!)...

but I'm in no hurry. I'm still only 3 days into the 14 days I have to decide and who knows what might happen in that time regarding availability of unlocked units at sensible prices etc...
scouser_75
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 12:30

On 2008-07-14 12:28:44, masseur wrote:
got my tmobile pac code (I like the way the just read it to you over the phone unlike some others!)...

but I'm in no hurry. I'm still only 3 days into the 14 days I have to decide and who knows what might happen in that time regarding availability of unlocked units at sensible prices etc...

True. If you hear anything Masseur please let me know.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 13:08
x1387 has unlocked ones:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/x1387

little pricey.... but hey, what do you expect
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 13:13
a little pricey? lol, so what would be a lot pricey!?

worth watching though as their prices tend to come down every couple of days or so when he first gets them as they seem to judge from the demand price price they can get
scouser_75
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 13:13

On 2008-07-14 13:08:09, >500 wrote:
x1387 has unlocked ones:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/x1387

little pricey.... but hey, what do you expect

"little pricey" LOL

himlims_nl
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 14:37
hii all
i'm very curious in developing a small application to the iphone.
however the darn SDK i found is only usable on a mac.
does one know how i could develop on a win32 system
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 15:46
I'm seriously conflicted about the Iphone.

Can I give up copy and paste? Document editing? TomTom??

I love the design, the screen, the ipod-ness, and the way things work - there's no question it looks and feels a hell of a lot better than Windows Mobile - but there's just so much missing.

Where's the task app? What's the point of in-built GPS if there's no TomTom-like app available? Why do I still want one?
scouser_75
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 15:55

On 2008-07-14 15:46:07, Boinng wrote:
I'm seriously conflicted about the Iphone.

Can I give up copy and paste? Document editing? TomTom??

I love the design, the screen, the ipod-ness, and the way things work - there's no question it looks and feels a hell of a lot better than Windows Mobile - but there's just so much missing.

Where's the task app? What's the point of in-built GPS if there's no TomTom-like app available? Why do I still want one?

1) Tomtom apparently is on its way!
2) You want one because Apple are The Master at Advertising and Promoting
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 16:00
@Boinng,
I guess you don't need a task list when there's no background tasking

I'm sure TomTom will fugure a way of marketing their product, even if it gets Apple branding! one way or another I'm sure there will be GPS voice routing software, as we've seen, there are lots of people out there prepared to do it themselves by any means!

Strangely, I note in the app store that there is an app called g-park which, it says, lets you
1. park your car and hit the Park Me! button
2. get lost
3. Hit the "Where did I park?" button which brings up google maps and creates turn-by-turn directions that will take you right back to your car.

in fact, google maps does a pretty decent job with the built in GPS but of course its not the same as tomtom or garmin as all you get is a purple line on the map showing you where you need to go and a blue flashing dot to see where you are now, and its your job to make the little blue dot follow the long purple line!

I have to say I got the same feeling you have when I wanted the 8800 when it came out, but that feeling didn't last long once I got it.
Its different with the iPhone... although many here compare tech specs to the nth degree, in my average daily routing the iPhone is a pleasant way to get stuff done, but yes, cut and paste is definitely still missed

All i can say is try it and if you don't like it just send it back
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 16:09
@scouser - yes, it's the marketing! Damn them!

@masseur - actually I mean Tasks as in a to-do list - I use tasks in Outlook all the time, and it's really going to irritate me not having access to those in the phone. I don't suppose there's anything to fill that gap in the app store? Not just a to-do list, but something that will sync with my list in Outlook/Exchange?

G park actually sounds pretty good - is that a paid for app or freeware? Is there much useful freeware?

If there was some official announcement on TomTom I'd be happier.. the exclusion in the SDK, coupled with Apple's deafening silence on the matter, is very disconcerting.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 282930 ... 128129130  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic