Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K850 Firmware Overview

Previous  123 ... 252627 ... 695696697  Next
Author K850 Firmware Overview
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 19:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-11-13 11:56:15, Rifqi_Aziz wrote:
Has anyone noticed that when MicroSD Card inserted in memory card slot, everytime the phone is turning ON it requests to format the card?
This is not happened to M2 card anyway.

I have a 2GB SanDisk microSD and haven't had this issue... [addsig]
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 19:21
So do I and have no problems with it

Cheers
ENJOY
MadRabbit
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 19:45

On 2007-11-13 15:52:51, AntonyS wrote:
Just got my second K850i this morning. It is using the newer RICA037 firmware so hopefully won't experience as many problems. Fingers crossed!

Hi AntonyS, Is your phone Illuminate Green and 037 firmware?
Could you plz tell me which brand is yours?
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 20:06
Good Evening,

Well this morning my phone was swapped over with the courier, but this is the only chance i have had to use the phone.

This is my third unit from o2 and I cant fault O2 in any way, they have been superb in swapping over my phone with out any hassle at all.

Any way, my previous 2 phones had R1CA029 on. My new O2 this morning has R1CA037. So if you get a new phone from O2 Direct from today onwards, the new phones are being shipped with R1CA037. (New Stock on Monday Morning at O2 Direct)
Some O2 shops may still have old stock though.

Any First impressions.

Camera does seem to be in sync with the Flash. I have took many Pics and the Flash seems to fire with the Camera.
Pics also seem brighter as well.

I havnt had much time to play with anything else.

But when i do I will post on here.

Let me know if you want me to try anything with the phone.
daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 20:11
is the stand-by clock displayed?
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 20:15

On 2007-11-13 20:11:39, daviep wrote:
is the stand-by clock displayed?

No.

And from what i understand it may never be there.

The screen on the K850i is different to the ones in other K Series Phones.
Other K Series phones use a different background technology to the K850i. From what ive been told its a TFT type screen in the K850i which is seems to be correct that it goes black when of (Like your home tft does)

SE May change the way the screen is shown further down the line. But at present its not shown on this current firmware.

Ive sort of used to not having it there any more, but i would like it there so i dont have to keep pressing the side buttons to show the clock etc.

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2007-11-13 19:18 ]
joemax
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 20:23
037 is still a bit random in Auto as to when is uses the flash. Took some pics in the forest yesterday and the flash kept being triggered. Made it look like I was there at night

Was only slightly dim.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 20:29
I general use Red Eye on the flash, But i hvnt noticed any problems when i used the normal one, but again i have only had about a hour to play with it.

Im now currenlty transfering everything back to the phone, as i always format the memory card so everything is a clean install when i get a new phone, no problems then can be trasnfered from one to the other.

I hope.

Im also going to try and install some jave applications froim the SE website (The free software ones) in r1ca029 you cant install, world clock and converter (Well not on the last 2 i had) SE have emailed me back to say that they were aware of this problem and hope to have it fixed soon. So Im hoping that the Java has now been resolved on the r1ca037.

Will update asap
joemax
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 20:36
Still can't load them on R37 either - well not on mine. SE site fails with a newtwork error and if manually copied to the M2, the app fails to load correctly.

World Clock however does work
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 21:00
Nope I can still not download applications of the SE website using r37 software.

The video is still out of sync by 5 to 7 seconds using media player, Its of sync by about 1-4 seconds using file manager so thats is not fixed at all.

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2007-11-13 20:14 ]
BlurryEye
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 21:44
I've experienced som pretty weird bugs lately...

First it has happened twice now that when phone dies because depleted battery all files saved by the phone itself, that is mainly photos, gets deleted and the m2-card (4GB SanDisk) goes corrupt and cannot be read as a removable disk anymore. Although all files that were transferred to the card from computer are still there and usable in the phone but can only be transferred via bluetooth. And to be actually usable again the card had to be formatted.

Today, the media player stopped working. When entering media player it doesn't find any files what so ever. And when putting the camera mode swith into play files the phone crashes.

I've now made a master reset and will see if this fixes the media player...

EDIT: The media player now works after master reset. But all contact pics stopped working even though I use the same m2-card that I had made a backup of the contacs with. This used to work fine with the K800i as long as the pics for the contacts were in the same folder as before restoring the contact list.
And this sucks having to reassign all pics as I use pics to appr 250 different contacts...

[ This Message was edited by: BlurryEye on 2007-11-13 20:59 ]
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-13 21:54
My phone rebooted twice today while doing nothing, and the only thing I can imagine is that it was very cold (both times, I was outside). I hope this isn't another problem in the making. What about all the owners in Scandinavia? Will I find my phone crashing when I go to Stockholm in a few weeks?!

There will never be a standby screen because the K850i uses a TFT screen, not a TFD one that has clever 'trickery' to switch to a basic monochrome LCD display to save power.

I've not had the flash fail yet, except for when I've held the camera wrong, so I think that part has definitely been fixed. Shame the media player is still so buggy and slow! It's getting there, slowly. Roll on a PROPER new firmware!
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 22:15
@jmcomms. I'm happy with this firmware (R1CA037) Well i will tell you if im still happy in 20 days as thats seems to be the longest my phone lasts with out it having to become a flashing brick.

I also say roll on the major firmware in 1 year time. R9CAxxx ( It might be all working then ) and then it will be time for a new SE phone K900? and its all going to start again, ** Why do i do this to my self **

Not sure what SE are releaasing in the next two weeks, But from what ive gathered its not a major firmware, just a minor one to resolve certain issues with the phone.
killsta
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 22:55
What's the build quality like on your new one Darren?

Swapped my first K850i with a wobbly screen at CPW for another. Still has 029 on it and doesn't have a wobbly screen. It does have a creaking back on the bottom left corner!
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 23:00

On 2007-11-13 22:55:08, killsta wrote:
What's the build quality like on your new one Darren?

Swapped my first K850i with a wobbly screen at CPW for another. Still has 029 on it and doesn't have a wobbly screen. It does have a creaking back on the bottom left corner!

Very Different to my other 2, the first 2 diddint have any majoy problems other that a squeeky earpiece onto the glass screen, however this one doesn feel very different..

The battery cover is much stronger and the keys are slighter raised more on this one on the left (near no 4) than the other one, although i never noticed that on the other one until i got this one.

Other than that nothing has changed. I never has a sceen or dust problem. Hope i dont get one on this one either.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 252627 ... 695696697  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic