Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumors 2015

Previous  123 ... 231232233 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-05 16:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
By the way, these could be international Z4 and Z4 compact. Z5 series could be the new line starting at CES or MWC. Why bother with Z3+ then?

@kurtdean
We assume S70+ is E68XX which indicates it's a 2015 phone.

By the way, one of the devices can be a prototype. There are different elements. The photo indicator next to the camera shutter indicator is positioned on the opposite side. Moreover, a Chrome ring exists around the Z5C power button whereas there is none on the Z5. These make me kind of suspicious.
[ This Message was edited by: thetube on 2015-08-05 15:51 ]
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-08-05 17:31
@thetube
All vizileaks said is that "z5" might not be the name of the devices...
these are definitely not the international z4 devices because z3+ is the international z4 and these have fingerprint sensor. also, no manufacturer would use the same flag name after they already named one, if they did that z4 would be berried. they might be prototypes. they look real to me, similar to the wikileaks sony emails and their display panel working and nothing looks photoshoped.
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-05 18:16
@amirprog

Designwise, it is very surprising to see those differences. You can say all you want but one of those devices is not the final product and by looking at them I see the compact version is more refined so I am pretty skeptical about that Z5. With Sony nothing is impossible . Fingerprint scanner does not imply anything on the naming of the devices. Heck even the frame colors look different (maybe it is the light)
penguino
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-05 18:30
I cannot see "tube" design in Z5 Compact, they just made thicker frames, so there's no glass sticking out.
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-08-05 18:58
I Love Xperia Z5 Compact Design

I hate Snap810
NO
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-05 19:37
By the way XperiaBlog kind of confirms the z ultra variant.

Whilst no leaks of the larger Z5 (Ultra?) model have emerged, it will also sport a very similar design with similarly placed volume buttons.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-08-05 20:43
@thetube@penguino
Thetube, y concept, etc. are concepts, they are not necessarily what is the final design. there are noticeable similarities and influence. the leaked pics units may not have the final design but if there are changes in the final design they are most likely small once, nuances, no radical change. it has always been this way if you followed xperia z devices leaks for the past 3 years. finger print sensor does imply that this is definitely not the international z4 because the fact that z4 has already released in japan and z3+ is the international z4. doesn't matter how you look at it, this is not an opinion but a fact. sure, there are naming that sound odd like z1 after z but there are difintely things that are impossible/will not happen, one of them is naming a new different device with a new spec, etc. with the exact same name of a previous one.
penguino
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-06 00:38
Thing is - I can't see those similarities. Z5 and Z3+ look identical while Z5C appears to have wider frame (which looks much worse than in Z3C) and that's it.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-08-06 07:55
From the 'Z5' image it does have refinements over the Z3/Z3+.

The frame is flatter instead of one continuing arc it is now flat with curved edges. The nylon corner inserts now look much more similar in colour and finish to the rest of the frame.

The Compact is much nicer than the current Compact. It should be a star device for the company.

I'm very concerned bout the recessed power button. If it goes to production like that the designer needs to be taken out back and shot. I do, however, have a feeling that it may be because of the fingerprint scanning tech that it needs a slightly recessed area to capture the print efficiently.

I'll wait for it to be announced then buy a Z3+ which has pretty much the same hardware but will be cheaper.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-08-06 08:33
@penguino
The similarity to thetube and y concept are in the side frame and the scanner shape. also, as ricky d mentioned it is a refined z3/z3+. randomuser (he is creadible more then most sources) mentioned the same refined omnibalance design so i dont see why anyone should expect a new design. someone said more/radical change in design only from next year. maybe 3 years with ob is what sony always planned. it is the half a year flag strategy that make ob design look dated more then what it really is.

when z1 leaked some people said what? it looks like a brick, so thick and ugly, those bezels! when z2 leaked they said, z2 look lifeless! z1 had cool stripe and looked more interesting. when z3 leaked they said wtf is this curved boring nokia like frame? z2 looked more premium! the speakers holes are so ugly like iphones! etc. and when each final version revealed people say the design look great.
i judge after seeing fully leaked high res pics, reviews and use it in the store.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-08-06 07:33 ]
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2015-08-06 08:57
Well right now I worry about it camera both front and rear. Will it better or same as M5 ? If not then I will have to go for M5.
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-08-06 09:11
If z5 ultra is indeed coming and it has the same camera I will get the Ultra. I think it won't overheats because of larger surface area like xperia Z4 tab
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2015-08-06 09:30 ]
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-08-06 10:51

I Like
NO
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-08-06 10:59
Contrary to what others have believed, here is no bumper on the devices like vizileaks mentioned, meaning what you see if what you get.

Integration of the corners to the sides is much better in comparison to the Z3+ but the overall design is almost identical to the Z3+, which might turn off some or many users, for me it is fine and an improvement.

What worries me most is not the design or cpu, but the camera, if rumour be true and Sony does decide to only include OIS on the compact model and not the main flagship, then it would be like BMW adding ABS on the 3 series as standard but not offering it at all on the larger more expensive 5 series.

Don't get me started if Sony decides to use a completely different sensor on the ultra versus the main flagship.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-08-06 11:28
Ok, no case or bumpers. The Compact looks good without the corner pads, its something that was demonstrated in their concepts. I hope they change more like having Xperia engraved on the side and have a metal back but I think they'll stick to glass. Z5 looking very much like the Z3, it need to be different.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 231232233 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic