Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY official thread

Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 323334  Next
Author Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY official thread
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-16 23:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
4G version I think the Play was rushed & has not become quite the amazing device it COULD have been.
Phone?? What phone??
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-17 02:37
I don't think it was rushed honestly. Id say it was actually in development for quite a while... Otherwise it may have had the Bravia Engine etc.

It was ready to for release when they did. They could have kept it under wraps, made it more powerful, but that would have delayed it more! It just means we will see a second version, imo there will be a 2nd one.

Besides, the price has dropped so much in the last couple weeks, id take it over quite a few other android handsets in the price range!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-17 11:40
I don't mean rushed out I mean it could have been better than what many people are saying it is. I read and hear so many people saying its a let down in terms of graphics games and speed. I think the next version should have dual core at least. Its just to me what I hear about it is people saying its not quite the amazing device it could have been.
Phone?? What phone??
arcmhyke
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-07-17 12:21
If you are going to compare Xperia Play to other Xperia Out there like Arc/Neo/Pro and even Ray, Xplay has a lot of Cons than Pros

Cons
No Exmor-R Sensor
No 8MP Camera
No HD 720p Recording
No Bravia Engine
No HDMI
No Mineral Glass Scratch Resistant Surface
Limited Games for now using Gaming Buttons
Not the Brightest screen we've ever seen(most reports its dim than usual)
Heavy Weight
Bulky
Pricey than Xperia Arc

Pros
PSP like gaming buttons
Stereo Speakers
Exclusive XPlay Games
EXclusive Playstion Suite?

Gaming on 3.7" or 4.2" is more than Good enough. the only strong points of Xplay would be the exclusivity of some games and was aimed at the wrong market.

Im still waiting for Xperia Neo here in the Philippines, while Arc cost $520 and Play cost $530, im not sure if Neo will be priced just like that because of the delay it gets.
[ This Message was edited by: mhyke on 2011-07-17 11:28 ]
Phone: Sony Xperia TX LT29i
Camera: Cyber-shot DSC QX10
Speaker: SRS BTV5 Wireless Speaker
Headset: MW1 Smart Wireless Headset pro | MH EX300AP
angryman
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-07-17 17:37
If you are going to compare Xperia Play to other Xperia Out there like Arc/Neo/Pro and even Ray, Xplay has a lot of Cons than Pros

Cons

No Mineral Glass Scratch Resistant Surface

The Xperia Play does have a scratch resistant mineral glass screen. It's like the arc in that it has a shatter proof sheet over the glass.
The auto brightness, small ram and rom, and lack of 720P recording really let this phone down big time. Everything else is tops and it runs very smooth and fast.
[ This Message was edited by: angryman on 2011-07-17 16:38 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-17 17:40
I don't think Exmor matters cos the Play still takes decent images anyway
Phone?? What phone??
arcmhyke
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-07-18 04:31
The Xperia Play does have a scratch resistant mineral glass screen. It's like the arc in that it has a shatter proof sheet over the glass.
The auto brightness, small ram and rom, and lack of 720P recording really let this phone down big time. Everything else is tops and it runs very smooth and fast.

hmm i read it somewhere and i cant remember it, that one reviewed said that the screen is made of plastic, maybe that review was based on a prototype, well it's good to have a mineral glass scratch resistant surface than a plastic ones.

@bonovox
yes no need for Exmor-R, i saw a lot of quality pictures from play, but 5MP really? they have sacrificed a lot of features already but it is still pricey than ARC
[ This Message was edited by: mhyke on 2011-07-18 03:33 ]
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2011-07-18 05:13
The US version RX800x like I have, is just a regular glass screen I believe.... but sony does have a factory installed screen protector on the display... for those of you that also own one, if you look really close at the top edge of the display, you can see were the screen protector is indeed applied. The box even includes a note that tells of this display proctor and urges you not to remove it. [addsig]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-07-18 11:10
I removed the screen protector and the phone has the same scratch free material as on the XPlay and other Xperias. Can't see why they would put anything else on really.

The phone itself is running brilliantly. No wobble in the slider, very sturdy construction. Sound quality is excellent - especialy the HD Voice which can be almost deafening and needs the have the volume taken down a notch or two.

The 4G version should be superfast (21 meg or something I believe), I regularly get around 6Meg plus which is still pretty fast.

The US market should see some success and I hope so as I'd love to see a XPlay II.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-18 15:59
I think all the current Xperia range has scratch resistant glass or coating but it's not Gorilla Glass though I don't think. My Neo has scratch resistant coating on screen. @Goldenface as long as you love & enjoy yours who cares
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-07-18 14:59 ]
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-07-18 16:14
Production was also increased last quarter, despite mobiletoday saying it was marketed at the wrong demographic.
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-07-18 17:50

On 2011-07-17 12:21:43, mhyke wrote:

Cons
Pricey than Xperia Arc

No it's not, it's about USD150 cheaper than the Arc in most markets.

IMHO none of those cons are real 'cons' to me, except that I'm not a gamer. If I was even half a gamer, I'd pick one in a heartbeat. It looks so stylish and slick to me, especially the white one
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2011-07-18 18:49
xperia play price drop drastically here in dubai. it cost now $475. Neo is more expensive now than play..

to be honest, i have too much regret buying this phone because of lack of good games until now after more than 3 months in market.

I ended up giving this to my nephew as a gift! goodbye play!
doellied2
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-19 07:35
yes my man
arcmhyke
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-07-22 12:24

On 2011-07-18 11:10:51, goldenface wrote:
I removed the screen protector and the phone has the same scratch free material as on the XPlay and other Xperias. Can't see why they would put anything else on really.

The phone itself is running brilliantly. No wobble in the slider, very sturdy construction. Sound quality is excellent - especialy the HD Voice which can be almost deafening and needs the have the volume taken down a notch or two.

The 4G version should be superfast (21 meg or something I believe), I regularly get around 6Meg plus which is still pretty fast.

The US market should see some success and I hope so as I'd love to see a XPlay II.

The screen is a four-inch (101.6mm) FWVGA (854x480) resolution LCD which is underneath a plastic multi-touch capacitive digitizer. It's very possible that the US version will have a glass screen when it hits Verizon.

Pocket Now- Xperia Play Review

Oh, btw here's the review that i was talking about, that Xperia Play has a Plastic Multi touch capacitive digitizer, did they made a mistake about this?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 323334  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic