Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750i Virus's Possible ?

Author K750i Virus's Possible ?
raw_knee
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-30 14:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@max_wedge: Correction accepted mate... I've read in some books about the viruses/virii thing (maybe they got it from radius/radii), so I take it that some of the books may be wrong ... Oh, I'm not being hypocritical -- don't presume that somebody is when he makes a mistake while correcting others... I just want to correct things when I see the need to... However, that doesn't mean that I dont want to be corrected when I am wrong... Peace...

Now that the information is clear about viruses (careful with the term ), it's up to people on how they would call any malicious software. It's a free world. What's important is that people are informed of what we have been discussing here.

[ This Message was edited by: raw_knee on 2005-07-30 14:04 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-30 15:21
no worries dude Of course there does come a time when it's important to be specific about the names of things, but perhaps not so important with this issue and in this forum. Language evolves from how it is used in common use, so to some extent we have to accept that 'virus' has become the generic term for malicious threats to a computing device. In our profession though, we can use the correct terms and be more efficient by doing so.

The virus plural is an oddie, at first thought it would seem that virii is the plural, but when you start to look at it, the rules that make a plural 'ii' don't hold for virus:

http://spl.haxial.net/viruses.html

This one is heavy!
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/plural-of-virus.html

etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2005-07-30 16:59
Quote:

On 2005-07-30 14:55:29, raw_knee wrote:
I just want to correct things when I see the need to..

Which is not always necessary. Sometimes trying to correct people without realising they're simply generalising a subject to make it easier for someone else to understand can be irritating, especially when you're telling them something they already know.

A typical example of such a thing happening is that Zedge thread.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
raw_knee
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-30 19:17
@etaab:
some people get irritated, some don't... if you do get irritated with being reminded of something you already know, I apologize for that... I didn't have the intention of making you or anyone think you (or they) don't know something about the topic... but be reminded that my first post in this topic isn't just for a single person...

@max_wedge:
the second link was a good one... now that adds up to everyone's knowledge...
I have a mobile phone. That's all that matters.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2005-07-31 01:05
@ its ok, i didnt mean you. I actually meant that childish kid who flamed me on the Zedge site.

He annoyed me, you didnt, im just using what happened there as an example here as to why i generalised any malicious app as a virus, whether they are or arent technically.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi