Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > T39 Battery again,again and again.

Author T39 Battery again,again and again.
PR24
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-05-16 14:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
There is a new software fix for this problem available on EMMA II. This sorts the problem out so all you need to do is contact your service centre to get the software fix installed.
MAKTIGER
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-05-20 11:21
Hi Chemo,

I just phoned CELESTICA who told me my phone has been repaired and is being couried to my home. Well I hope the battery problem has been sorted but will only find out tonight.

If the phone has been repaired okay, then I will probably tell my brother to send his phone off to them as well. I have only ever had 1 NOKIA 7110e on Orange, it has been working like a charm. The only problem is that it is now too bulky compared to the T39m and also is only dual-band (T39m Tri-Band).

I hope I have the same luck as you had with your phone. I'll keep you posted.

MAKTIGER
MAKTIGER
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-05-21 15:03
Hi Chemo and ALL,

Just to let you know that I received my T39m back from CELESTICA (Ericsson's Advanced Service Centre in the UK). Just a reminder, my T39m was connected to ORANGE (UK) and was "02W08" version phone with R3xxx software on it. I had suffered the same battery standby/talk-time problems as Chemo and others.

SonyEricsson and my phone supplier told me to send my phone to CELESTICA for a software/firmware upgrade. Although the turn-a-round time was 10 working days, CELESTICA sent my phone back via courier which I receive yesterday morning.

NOW, is my phone fixed? YES, YES, YES!

I sent my phone off after only 4 days after purchase. The battery standby and talk-time was "74hrs" and "4" respectively after full charges. Now after a full charge, my phone reports "275 hrs" standby and "7hrs" talktime.

If anyone else has similar "battery" problems I would recommend that they contact SONYERICSSON Customer Services immediately, get a reference number, the provided they give you authorisation, send you phone to one of their advanced service centres e.g. CELESTICA with a full explanation letter enclosed.

Anyway, my brother has the same problem so his phone is already on its way for a software/firmware upgrade.

Now that the battery is sorted, I can start experimenting with the phone's other features.

Regards,

MAKTIGER
MAKTIGER
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-05-21 15:04
p.s. the new software version on my phone reads as "R4A008"
gblades
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-22 11:03