Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Released in UK today ? Rubbish

Author Released in UK today ? Rubbish
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2003-02-17 22:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Frustrations Frustrations.. LOL I would assume o2 and vodafone would have the P800 before any other network, thats how ive seen it to be! :) GOODLUCK WITH DA WAITING GAME GUYZ hehe

This message was posted from a Nokia

jbendaou
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-02-17 22:12
I am not in the UK, but i really feel your pain...i am in the US, and we are gettign the same damn stories...
i just dont get it...why is it that freakin SE released the damn phone in some countries and not all the countries....beats me...i really would love to know...i have been waiting for that fone for almost a year now...now it is even worse, because i know something is going on, but the fones arent here yet...gawd damn u SE
The T68i God, P800 Dumper, T610 believer, the K700i lover, the P910 what, oh the K750i?
dayloon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-18 08:54
Some people on other forums have been saying that if you call orange on 0800 801080 then you can order it. I just called & was told that the phone HAS been launched on the network but they are waiting for stock to arrive. So basically, I still couldn't order one.
Eleventy7
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-18 11:27
Quote:

On 2003-02-17 15:11, psikey wrote:
You might think orange are bad because your desparate for a P800 like the rest of us but where are Voda & O2? Not even mentioned on their websites. Not even released SIM free form SE yet!

At least orange are definetely having it and for them to be first (before Voda & o2) is unheard of.

true, but at least Voda and O2 aren't feeding us crap every time we speak to them, imo, Orange are probably in the same boat as Voda & O2, but instead of sitting tight and saying they're not sure when it'll be available, they're building up the hype for free by feeding every1 misinformation.

It's complete bull that they launched the fone yesterday, because if you launch a fone, u have to make it available to the public.
Blu Nokio
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-18 11:39
Just spoke to Emma at eShop. She says that the now 'confirmed' release date is the 24th February (this year!). Guess we gonna have to wait a few more days.

If ANYONE sees one available beforehand, PLEASE post here for the rest of us!

THANX Y'ALL
Eleventy7
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-18 12:29
sent this email to Orange:
Quote:
Could someon please tell me why every time I speak to someone at Orange Direct on 0500802080), I get a different answer concerning availability and price of SonyEricsson's P800 phone? In the last few days I've been told 'we don't know whe it'll be released...price should be around £170 on contract'; 'it was launched today, but we don't have any idea when it'll actually be available...no I don't have any idea on price'; 'it's available now to buy, but not to upgrade... at a price of £249.99'; 'it's available, but only our top 30 stores have stock... I'm not sure what the price is'. The same goes for Orange Retail stores, I've been told by them 'have had an email saying it will be sometime in March, but not sure whether start or end of the month'; 'was it launched today? not as far as I know, we have no idea when it'll be available'. As i'm sure you can understand, this is infuriating, I alike many others in the UK are eagerly anticipating this phone, and are ready to spend!
a large some of money with Orange to get the phone, the least you could do for us is give us some genuine information, instead of the collection of blatant lies and half-truths we are getting from your staff. So, as a final note, could someone PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE CONFIRMED PRICE AND AVAILABILTY?

and got this response:
Quote:
Dear

Thank you for your mail.

Thank you for your email about the Sony Ericsson P800.

I can confirm that this phone has now been launched and the price quoted on our screens is £249.99, although as you are aware, a lot of Dealers will be offering this model at different prices, as per normal, in order to obtain sales.

I have no information available regarding stock, however, our Direct Sales on 0800 801080 should be able to provide this, subject to their systems being updated.

For more information please visit the Orange Shop online for regularly updated news on all new products and services available on Orange. Click here for a direct link to the website: http://shop.orange.co.uk/NASApp/esales/esales

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Su
Orange Customer Services

so, that'll be largely avoiding the issue then! so I do as the nice lady says, ring the 0800801080 number, to be told by Caroline that yes it was launched yesterday, but they're waiting for SE to deliver their stock, and she's expecting delivery this week sometime. She the told me that I could probably get it cheaper than £249.99 on a different tariff.
Andy_P
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-18 12:30
In all fairness, Emma always says the 24th, I presume so that thats a worst case scenario.

I can't seem to get the search working on esato (you search on the word UK and it says Word Excluded: UK and returns no results) but if you had been reading the million+1 other posts about this you may have seen some of mine regarding release dates.

Justin said yesterday it's still 17th - 24th but he has a gut feeling about the 20th.

Andy
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-02-20 07:52
I moved this reply to a new post here

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2003-02-20 07:15 ]
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-20 08:15
SE have now anounced that untill @Arroyootje admits p800 is a great phone & stops slagging it off, they will not be releasing it in the UK.
So you can blame him ! heres the link
www.Arr*yo*f**kingsh*tup@SE.com
Reminder; milk, sugar, crisps, post letter.
Eleventy7
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-20 10:33
I have some news about uk release after i met some handset engineers from orange last nite, will let you know later when i get home, but don't worry, i won't bein sayin anythin is confirmed or definite!

This message was posted from a T68i

Zoidy
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-02-20 12:04
Quote:

On 2003-02-18 12:30, Andy_P wrote:
In all fairness, Emma always says the 24th, I presume so that thats a worst case scenario.

I can't seem to get the search working on esato (you search on the word UK and it says Word Excluded: UK and returns no results) but if you had been reading the million+1 other posts about this you may have seen some of mine regarding release dates.

Justin said yesterday it's still 17th - 24th but he has a gut feeling about the 20th.

Andy

I phoned the E-shop and spoke to Justin. He said that he was expecting some in today but it is looking likely (after he has spoken to the driver) that they will not be in until Monday. They have 1500 units being delivered which should cover the pre-orders.

Z.
hawklord2112
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-20 12:35
you think that's bad - you try working for Orange. we've got about a 3 monnth delay before our internal subs department get hold of even a limited stock of new handset...
Andy_P
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-20 13:36
@Zoidy:

Thats a shame: Justin said he had a gut feeling they would arrive today, and even if they did arrive now they probably wouldn't make tomorrow delivery.

Monday / Tuesday it is then
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-02-20 13:55
I just looked on Orange web site and its now showing a price of £329.99 on contract so I phoned and they said that is a confirmed price on the system but the shops may have promotions on high tariff packages (was showing £299.99 on website & telephone contact was £249.99 only two days ago!!

Expansys still expecting delivery next tuesday but all of them are likely to go to pre-orders.

Check situation with SonyEricsson E-Shop (Justin) who are also still expecting large delivery today or Monday and said I would have one out of the first shipment if I order today (ie. still not all allocated to pre-orders). So I've ordered one as orange don't seem to know what the f**k they are doing and Justin told me that they actually supply the units to Expansys!!

So best bet for getting one next week is E-shop plus at £349.99 with say £15 contract with orange its looking better to just by the unlocked phone.

simion_levi
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-02-20 14:18
Hmmmm, Emma just told me week commencing 24th before they ship.

I'm very tempted to wait until OSPS gets them in (they say 1-2weeks). Could get one for £284.99 all in on Orange there. (P800 = £34.99 on OVP T-Mobile Everyone 300, 4months line rental (OSPS's advised clawback period) £170, then switch to the HSD tariff for a tenner a month for the remaining 8months = £80 = £284.99 total. Just need to get it unlocked, plus wait a week or two extra, and you save 200squid!
>>>Current: P900 (+BT200); T610; P800

Previous: 6610; A830 (3G); 7210 + HS-1C; 7650; 6310i + HDW-2; 8310; 6210; 3310; 5110; Analogue Moto.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi