Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 4 ... 363738  Next
Author New Satio Firmware R1CA
moggi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-11-17 20:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I had same problem with Wifi , frequent disconnections . this was solved by disabling the power save under the advanced settings of wifi.
xell
W880 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-17 20:11

On 2009-11-09 09:45:59, vegetaleb wrote:
Lol dude
EMMA is the Intranet server for SE tech centers, you can't download it
I hope they corrected the Java compatibility bug with previous java apps from SE like Tracker

Of course you can download EMMA... http://emma.extranet.sonyeric[....]packs/Emma_Setup-2.9.11.14.exe

Still, you need a login.
Esato's Expert Of The Year MMIX
Maratonmannen
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2009-11-17 20:16

On 2009-11-17 20:11:20, xell wrote:
Of course you can download
Still, you need a login

Xperiaâ„¢ 1 V @home
Xperiaâ„¢ 1 II @work
xell
W880 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-17 20:22
... and a 32bit Win.
Esato's Expert Of The Year MMIX
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-17 21:57
At two times, I have not been able to answer the call when the phone rang. The Satio was completely non-responsive and I had to remove the battery. Has anyone else experienced this?
larry 68
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2009-11-17 22:22
Touch wood ive not had any problems so far with calls or messages
phone not frozen or crashed, hope this isnt something that develops over time
I lived for 2yrs waiting for my buggy K850i to die dont want another 2 years with the same.
I see on the Voda forum a few others have had the same problem.
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-17 23:01
I don't think the phone is broke or something, just dying waiting for the next firmware version ...
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-18 07:23

On 2009-11-17 21:57:01, altemyr wrote:
At two times, I have not been able to answer the call when the phone rang. The Satio was completely non-responsive and I had to remove the battery. Has anyone else experienced this?

ive had many instances where the satio went awol and i had to take the battery out. i dont believe it was when i was attempting to receive a call but it did freeze once immediately after ending one.

there really is something wrong with the stability of the satio.
vegetaleb
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2009-11-18 08:39
Yeah it's a nokia OS in a SE phone
Prince Vegeta,prince of all sayans
Administrator in Dailymobile
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-18 09:31
well so far mine's had one "hissy fit", but that was a "known" one where
I was using a theme installed onto the card ... other than that it's
actually been quite stable !
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
basic222
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-11-18 10:05
ive had many instances where the satio went awol and i had to take the battery out. i dont believe it was when i was attempting to receive a call but it did freeze once immediately after ending one.

there really is something wrong with the stability of the satio.
[/quote

sma thing has happend to my satio!
TheHamster
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-18 10:09

On 2009-11-17 21:57:01, altemyr wrote:

Yep I had a couple of times too last week.. same fix as well.. had to remove the battery.
kenx3000
K790
PM
Posted: 2009-11-19 04:04

On 2009-11-08 21:10:15, djstevied wrote:
Found this info on Facebook satio page.

It seems Sony is updating the Firmware.

A new beta firmware is out on Sony Ericsson's Emma client. A friend had installed it and the equalizer appeared in the music section. have to check what more changes are there.

have seen some users say they have a Facebook app also after upgrading thru EMMA

sorry, i just checked emma, and there's no such thing as new firmware at the moment. Can u tell me what version it is, because all i see is R1BB041 for all regions...and yes, i'm talking about EMMA.
66stephen99
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-19 16:32
Guys,

Just to let you know i've emailed SE via the Satio support page today to try and find aout about a persistent problem (will detail below for those who are interested) and have been told. (Apologies for length of post):

"If the issue persists, we would suggest that you update the software on your Sony Ericsson handset. However, the updated version of the software you require is unavailable until week 48 of 2009. When available, this can be done free of charge using our Sony Ericsson Update Service tool. To carry out the update you will need internet access and a USB cable."

So, a bit of a 'Don't know what's causing it, hope software update cures it' response, but marginally comforting as week 48 begins approx 23/26th Nov, depending on how you define it.

The problem is that any new photos taken do not appear in the media software or in the home page 'recent photo' tab. Essentially everything works fine during the camera/capture process but when you return the photos are nowhere to be seen. The photos are however correctly filed/foldered and viewable if you navigate to them via FIle Manager. Ok, but not ideal. I am able to use the image whilst still in camera mode, i.e. MMS etc.

A forced media refresh is the obvious solution and indeed what SE suggested. This lasts for about 1 min and then crashes the phone and reboots. (Fading to black, then pure white screen then reboot the normal way. Happens everytime. New music gets picked up fine though and seems ok on that front. This is an unbranded carphonewarhouse handset and i have taken 2 back, this is the thrird. Same problem on all three. It's so fundamental, i.e. to the uninitiated it looks like the camera is unable to save. that carphonewarehouse seem happy to accept as a faulty handset each time. I feel i could do this forever, but not helping as everything else on phone works fine. Tried muliple memory cards too. My latest theory is that it may be SIM card related as i can't find reference to the above problem anywhere on any forums.

I am still going to pursue the memory card idea by reformatting both i have and trying that. I have also tried taking sim/batt/card out and then rebooting without mem card and this worked for one photo! Then back to situation above. the other strange thing is that when i got my 2nd and 3rd handsets i restored the contact with backup via pcsuite and the photo problem was solved...for 2 days...then back to above situation. Very, very strange. Any ideas greatly appreciated...
66stephen99
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-19 18:16
Slight update on the above if you're interested: It seems to be to do with number of files the media manager can deal with. If i remove all files from the memory card. Refresh the media, it doesn't a) crash and b) from that point on photos work. but...i want music and phtoos on my memory card ...roll on next week's firmware update...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 363738  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic