Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Brand loyalty!

Previous  1234  Next
Author Brand loyalty!
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 18:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't think you understood what i was saying?

as its the same as what you have said. if something better comes out, thus making me un-loyal to a brand.
OBEY GAINT
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 18:43
There is ALWAYS something better coming out, just around the corner usualy, so why not stick with the brand your comfortable and familier with ?.
WHATEVER brand that might happen to be.

[ This Message was edited by: mweb6161 on 2007-12-27 17:44 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 19:08
@mweb6161

I really think your logic is flawed supporting and being loyal to team can in no way be compared to being loyal to a product or brand and it appears most people agree with this.

I was loyal and supported Ericsson and then SE for close on 20 years why was this quite simply because they constantly produced the best handsets for my needs. There quality and spec's were always class leading as as long as they were i had no reason to choose other devcies they were my brand of choice whilst most around me used Nokia's or Motorola's.

But since the very disappointing launch of UIQ3 when the device i paid a premium price for failed to deliver even close to what it promised. What possible logical reason could i have to stick with them. The simple answer is none and as it turned out i was right to jump ship rather than endure an endless cycle of waiting for new Firmware that ended with SE withdrawing support on less than a year old product. Where was SE's loyalty to it's paying customers then? no where is the answer all they showed was contempt for there users that they expected to just buy another SE devcie.

Just how does that deserve my loyalty and support I had paid for a product that failed to deliver anything close to what i paid for, and what's more SE still hasn't come up with a devcie that gives me what i want or need so why should i pay for devcies that don't offer what i want and are way behind what is available elsewhere just where and how does remaining loyal makes sense. The only people it makes sense for is SE as i would continue giving them my money.

If and when SE devcies offer the features and spec's i want and need and they have actually delivered on what the say they will and show a change of attitude i may well return but until such time i am loyal to me and me only. I buy and will continue to buy what suits me best and offers the best value that is the only thing i am loyal to me, not some faceless corporation who's only interest in me is my money.

Oh yes and as far as there is always something better coming round the corner so stick with one brand well since June 2006 I'm still waiting for SE to deliver maybe June 2008 and the P5 will see this happen but two years is way to long to wait.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-27 18:11 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 19:18
OK, OK, I just want to say this:
Me loyal SE fan!
(as most people here already know)
Alpha Trion
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 19:21
@Dogmann

Once again you speak 100% sense & logic in presenting your argument and reasons and it STILL baffles me as to why some other users/forum members can't see this!!!
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 19:37
Yeah, Marc, heard that from you at LEAST 500 times , I have a similar distaste for the way that Nokia treats it's UK customers actually.
Nokia in the UK charge us 40% more for their devices than our friends in the US/Asia and the middle east, add to that they do not regard us as being "a key market" which means that we end up paying the most for their products and are at the bottom of the pecking order as far as availability is concerned.
You might enjoy paying over the odds for Nokia products AND be glad to be treated as a 2nd class customer by them in having to wait longer then anyone else to get your mitts on them, but don't expect me or anyone else to form an orderly queue behind you.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 20:27

Oh sorry mweb6161 didn't realise as you started this post we all had to agree with you!! as for over paying and being treated badly that really is a joke as SE prices are always expensive when first launched and still selling the same old outdated hardware in new pretty new cases. With the added bonus of now being bad ridden and not tested prior to launch with build quality slipping as well is it any wonder that more of us no longer choose SE. Just can't wait to see these last quarter sales figures and what happened to all the SE will sell 200 million devcies this year and reach NO2 by year end prophecies.

For some one who constantly moans about people bashing one brand over another it's a shame you can't manage to practice what you preach as this was about brand loyalty not brands that you have now restored to dragging this down to.

Quite simply blind brand loyalty = fanboyism and being taken for a mug as it definitely doesn't do anyone but the manfactuer any favours and definitely not the user. But hey as always every one is free to spend or waste their as they see fit, just some of us are a little more rational about our buying decisions then what brand they have to stick to.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-27 19:27 ]
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 20:38
Your oft espoused anti SE mantra was what i was responding to, though i have zero chance or intention of trying to educate you through your deluded fixation in that regard.
Nice to see you ignoring my two points regarding Nokia, most unlike you
expected more from you over and above a tit for tat dig
Wuz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 21:16
I have to say, mweb6161, whilst I assure you I am respectful of your opinion, you really are so misguided. It's great to feel passion for a brand. But your arguements come across as being so biased, I find it really difficult to understand how you can be sincere...altough I don't doubt you are.
You surely have to accpet that football teams aside, this brand loyalty concept can only be taken so far. I might always shop at Tesco, but am I really going to go without if my only option that night is a quick drive to Sainsbery? Even passionate Ferrari lovers, who can afford more than one, will buy an Aston Martin. You have to appreciate that sometimes the grass is greener the other side of the road.
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 21:28
the football analogy really does nt work, i m a boro fan (for my sins) have been since i was a child was were i was born was the first club i supported. do i buy there shirts no i dislike wearing football shirts do i contribute finacially to the club no not for a long time
would i support another team no not ever there my team. a phone is just a tool to me. i expect it to do certain things.
i buy se if they can provide that at the right price, if they can or the price is wrong i ll get something else.
recently had the chance to get a k850 or a lg viewty moving up from a k800. the brand loyal person would have taken the se in a second, i however thought about my needs and budget and looked at the merits and problems of each phone.
the viewty meet my needs and worked ( no need to wait for a firmware upgrade to get the flash to work) nice big screen to watch american dad on.
it was cheaper on upgrade and meet my needs

[ This Message was edited by: slattery69 on 2007-12-27 20:36 ]
Alpha Trion
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 21:39
maybe we should look at this debate from another angle?

Brand Loyalty?

I now invite ALL users to post thier true stories/examples etc of when boardroom representives from SE/Nokia/Samsung etc have personally phoned/written/emailed/turned up on thier doorstep and thanked them for thier loyal support?......yeah thought so

Ok ok, so maybe i'm being a bit harsh but when have you ever been contacted out of the blue (thats not you writing to complain then them coming back to you offering an apology/voucher etc) by one of the big companies and heard "hi i'm just calling to thank you for your loyal support on behalf of ***** and as a thank you we'd like to invite you to our next model launch/product unveiling" etc or offered discounts on later/newer models etc?

This to me would be a reward or reason to be loyal to a brand?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 21:45
@mweb6161

Here we go again drag up my alleged and still unproven anti SE mantra well you may well believe that is what it is but i and others just see this as the truth. It is just the reality about what a great company has become and we say these things not because we hate SE or love any other manufacturer but because this is just the truth as sad as that is. Now if you and others just want to continue living in denial because you can't accept the truth it is you and others that have the problem along with SE.

Now what is really funny is that over the last 18 months where once i was a lone voice many more of have now started to also realise the facts of what has happened and are also now openly critical of SE's actions. Which is proved by just how many now no longer own SE devcies but of course to you this is just them no longer being loyal and being traitors to SE as we should just buy SE irrespective of how poor many of there products now are as they are bound to get better soon what an absurd view that is.

As to your points that Nokia devcies are more expensive in the UK I'll take you word for that but as i live and purchase my devcies in the UK that is of very little consequence to me. They still offer me value for money and give me what i want and as soon as any other manufacturer matches what i want at a better price i will buy that instead as to do anything else would just be pointless. Which is why i don't currently buy SE as they just don't offer me what i want so at any price are of no interest.

So yes i am a brand whore and will swap and change to which ever brand gives me what i want at the best price and the best overall package for my needs.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-27 20:47 ]
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-27 22:01
I don't really think there is much in the way of brand loyalty any more generally. I, for example won't tie myself to one particular brand of car (though so far I've only had Vauxhalls and Nissans!) just as I don't tie myself to one phone brand. As I've said before, I've got a bias often towards a particular brand, i.e. I'd consider them first before any alternatives, but if another brand suits me better I will go for it. Another example, I've become quite fond of the 'Pure' DAB radios, but although I'd be more likely to buy their radios, if a Sony one suited me better I'd buy that with no qualms.

It's just as it annoys me a bit when I hear people saying 'oh, don't buy a xxx, they're crap' just because they've had a bad experience with them, many others would say that they've had a contrary experience to that. You have to make your own mind up what's best for you and your circumstances, even if it means a different brand to what you usually buy.

Brand loyalty is generally obselete nowadays, except for the possible exception of Apple fans, some of whom seem to be quite extreme and intolerant. I'm still an SE fan, though at the moment the N95 is suiting my needs the best.

Sorry for the waffling (reminiscent of some of Scotsboy's old posts, come back old boy! ) and please don't let the descent into another Nokia Vs SE thread!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 22:18
@Alpha Trion:
Look what was waiting for me in my mail today!
Alpha Trion
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 22:28
@NightBlade

Fair play son!

Ok thats one loyal brand consumer 'rewarded', proof indeed that the big brands care about each & every one of us!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi