Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > DDOS attack on mobile review

Previous  123 4 ... 121314  Next
Author DDOS attack on mobile review
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 14:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Great, thanks for that, I shall have a read now.

MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 14:39
Indeed we have several reviewers actually, and i think we (Mobile-review) are proud of the fact that Eldar and his staff call it EXACTLY how they see it.
The exact source and nature of this attack is actually uncomfirmed by anyone from MR on an official basis.
I liken it to Internet terrorism, Just because some group or individual disagrees with YOUR opinion, they try and eradicate your ability to even GIVE an opinion.
Evil minded bigots such as those who attacked SE-NSE and M-R must not and cannot be allowed to trample on YOUR ability to voice YOUR opinions!!
But like the petty, simple minded infantiles that they are, they will get bored, and move on to the next poor guy who happens to voice an opinion that they lack the courage or intellect to challenge in a manner that befits a rational human being.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 15:25
Wow!

So Eldar posted a review that let people know exactly what they were getting for their hard earned dollars?

I think most people will agree that the American iPhone would be up for a very hard time when compared to offerings in other parts of the world; I don't exactly know what else they thought Eldar was going to say about it.

If its gonna be billed as the greatest, most amazing device ever then it is going to be scrutinized. No-one (well not many) is daft enough to blindly accept any old rubbish thats thrown at them.
SMS
Z550a Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 15:31

On 2007-08-16 15:25:23, goldenface wrote:
I don't exactly know what else they thought Eldar was going to say about it.

applaud and praise its perfection!

they were upset because Eldar opened their eyes to see the fact that they forked over a lot of bucks for only a fancy UI nothing more!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 15:52

On 2007-08-16 14:39:54, mweb6161 wrote:
Indeed we have several reviewers actually, and i think we (Mobile-review) are proud of the fact that Eldar and his staff call it EXACTLY how they see it.

Well people would expect nothing less; MR has its reputation to think of.

God help us if Eldar advised people to throw away their N95's and consign their HTC's to history in favour of the iPhone, I think I would have attacked him myself
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-16 16:43
personally i think the review was balanced and accurate. Each point is set out in black and white - it's the iphones own shortcomings that paint such a poor picture, not the reviewer.

Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 19:07
Hi all,

Firstly what they are doing is illegal and nothing short of bullying to stop people saying something they don't like. I hope they don't go to HOWARD forums and see some of the horror stories emerging about iPhone problems on there. As there seem to be plenty the latest i have seen is the famous touch flow strip starting to malfunction and the Finnish company that developed it admitting it can develop reliability problems after just 6 months of use.

Freedom of speech is IMO one of the most basic and important principles we have in the world and anyone that can't bare to hear criticism of any mobile device or anything else for that matter is seriously not well. You don't have to agree with what is said but to over react with this type of behaviour is just wrong. Personally i hope the authorities are involved and track them down and prosecute them with the full force of the law.

@Goldenface

Even if he did it is only his opinion it doesn't mean every one has to agree or do as he suggested do they?

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-16 18:12 ]
SMS
Z550a Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 21:27
we'd welcome your support and digg this article:

http://www.digg.com/apple/Mobile_Review_DDOSed_by_iPhone_fans

you know these idiots attacked se-nse first, and now MR, who knows who's next; esato, hofo... someone should stop them.
thank you.

[ This Message was edited by: SMS on 2007-08-16 20:29 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 21:43

On 2007-08-16 19:07:31, Dogmann wrote:
Hi all,

Firstly what they are doing is illegal and nothing short of bullying to stop people saying something they don't like. I hope they don't go to HOWARD forums and see some of the horror stories emerging about iPhone problems on there. As there seem to be plenty the latest i have seen is the famous touch flow strip starting to malfunction and the Finnish company that developed it admitting it can develop reliability problems after just 6 months of use.

Freedom of speech is IMO one of the most basic and important principles we have in the world and anyone that can't bare to hear criticism of any mobile device or anything else for that matter is seriously not well. You don't have to agree with what is said but to over react with this type of behaviour is just wrong. Personally i hope the authorities are involved and track them down and prosecute them with the full force of the law.

@Goldenface

Even if he did it is only his opinion it doesn't mean every one has to agree or do as he suggested do they?

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

Exactly and well said!

They must have held Eldar in very high regard and were expecting lovely things in the review. The problem for them is, Eldar gave a very honest and common-sense review which was backed up with solid reasoning and they must have been heart-broken to discover he didn't fall for its charms.

Its vitally important that forums and reviewers are allowed to express their opinion freely and this only harden other peoples opinions.

Nobody likes a bully.
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 22:09
if it is indeed teamelite who brought down Mobile review then there is little anyone can do to stop them.... they use dc++ to redirect people off their hub and onto various websites there members have issues with...

its been done to se-nse but the person who did it was sloppy and hopefully will get what they deserve.... but they r learning and prob will and can attack any site they feel like...

J.
odelsteken
T650 Green
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-16 22:19
It's a shame that this has happened but afaik there has been no confirmation from Mobile-Review headquarters that this was done by so called Apple banboys.
For me, being somewhat pro-Apple (not to confuse with fanboyism!!), I'm very sad to see things go this far due to someones dissatisfaction of someone elses opinions.

If this was indeed an action due to the above mentioned review, I believe that the people behind the attack will not be honoured by true Apple fans!
Mobile-Review Administrator
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 22:20
So do you reckon there is a good chance they will be caught and if so what might happen to them?
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-16 22:22

On 2007-08-16 22:20:27, goldenface wrote:
So do you reckon there is a good chance they will be caught and if so what might happen to them?

Something you wanna get off your chest?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 23:24
Eh you! It wasn't me.

I hope they are caught.

I aint never read such a good article.

The simple fact is the article has caused so much controversy has ensured an even greater number are waiting to read the next instalments and if they aren't posted on MR then there are thousands of other forums and sites where it can be read.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-08-16 22:57 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-17 02:35
Just to clarify, as far as I am aware the people who attacked SE-NSE are not the same people who have been attacking M-R, unless new information has come to light that I haven't seen yet.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 121314  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic