Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Previous  123 ... 192193194 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-09 13:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well, with all of these supposed release dates, at least we are now due for a review of the final X1. BengalBoy says he'll have his soon. I'm very interested in seeing what the hell we've been waiting for.
better have some good software in this thing

And what do they mean by, "...A heavily customized version of WM6.1 ?"

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-08-09 14:05 ]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-09 15:24
@WhyBe

Heavily customized as in, similar to what HTC have done(same software solutions actually where a bit of the WM customization is concerned)

1. Enlarging the start menu to make it more finger friendly
2. Enlarging items on the top bar
3. Enlarging Menu Options
4. Kinetic Scrolling(i.e. Original Touch Flo)
5. A new Media Player(audio/video)
6. New Today plugins
7. Finger friendly camera s/w
8. Additional apps such(assumptions) as RSS Feed, Calculator, converters
all finger frendly
9. Task Manager and/or Task Switcher finger friendly
10. Last but not least the hopefully amazing panels
11. And almsot forgot, nice contact manager
12. And of course the dialer

Usually Manufacturers such as Eten, Toshiba, Gigbyte, Asus hardly modify the OS as much as HTC do, its actually quite problematic for developers as some applications maybe rendered unusable due to some of these modifications This spoils the whole idea of one aplication, one OS and many phones, thus the developer would need to release different versions for different WM phones, which is a pain. But for the end user the HTC customizations are a boon. But this cant go on in the long run as the number of devs would reduce(some apps, earlier you had asked me for games, are manufacturer dependant, you generally cant install some core hTC apps, such as the contact manager or the task man on any other brand of WM phones)

I hope this answers your question

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-08-09 19:07 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-09 19:08
@aksd
Thanks. So that means when WM7 is released, TouchPro/Diamond and X1 users will have to wait for their respective customized versions from HTC and SE instead of just purchasing and downloading it from wherever?
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-09 19:26
IF HTC and SE decide to release updates. IF WM7 uses OpenGL 1.1/2 then the current hardware is not supported. However it maybe like Vista and Aero, if 3D hardware exists you can have aero experience else you dont. We wont know the requirement until(earliest) Feb 2009. Also we dont know if WM7 requires multi touch enabled hardware(I suppose it should).

HTC and SE are not the only ones who can release WM7 for the phones . If it is released for similar hardware the brilliant chefs at xda-developers will manage to port WM7 to these phones without an offical update. Quite a number for WM2003 phones are running WM6.1 due to the outstanding work of the devs at xda-developers.

I also feel you should forget about WM7 for now, as IF the first WM7 phone is announced in Feb 09 then it should be out only by June at the earliest. so and effective WM7 phone will be released only a year or a bit less from now(good stable WM7 with decent featues). By then I'm sure you'd be fed up with the X1 or the Pro and would want a newer phone

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-08-09 18:28 ]
NimmyxHuynh
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-08-09 20:22

On 2008-08-09 13:08:41, Humble wrote:
http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/[....]ericsson-xperia-x1-phone.phtml

http://www.trustedreviews.com[....]ria-X1-Hits-Pre-order-In-UK/p1

[ This Message was edited by: Humble on 2008-08-09 12:10 ]

That only says UK pre-orders though.
I was wondering on if that launch date is worldwide (like North America).

I read that August 10th is when Sony Ericsson is announcing the launch date or making some sort of announcement, can anyone verify?
I read it in this thread.
ipporek
X1 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-10 02:59
Assuming that this is accurate:

Play.com has announced that it will be selling the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 Sim free from the 30 October.

Customers keen to get their hands on Sony Ericsson new smartphone are being promised day one delivery and the chance to get it without having to sign up for any lengthy contracts.

The price? 599.99 of your fine British pounds to get your hands on the HTC made HSDPA, 3.2 megapixel camera, slide out Qwerty keyboard touting phone that runs a heavily customised version of Windows Mobile 6.1.

Anyone knows if Play.com released the Diamond or Omnia SIM free? And if so at what price? Thought could make a comparison and roughly work out the price here.
philosophy72
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-08-10 09:02
@whybe
here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyQ_NWt_sjA
I need meee phone. MY PRECIOUS
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-10 14:48
@philosophy72:
Thanks, but masseur beat you to it

If they could get that thing to fold in half like a flip or open up like a book (with dual-screens) that would be kick @ss. Needs a keyboard and a few tactile buttons too.
NimmyxHuynh
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-08-10 23:52
Sony Ericsson is killing me here!!(Figurative speaking of course)
When are they going to announce when the Xperia going to be released and for how much and which carrier is going to have them?

Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2008-08-10 23:55
Vodafone have it listed for the middle of october.
OBEY GAINT
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-11 05:18

On 2008-08-10 23:52:38, NimmyxHuynh wrote:
When are they going to announce when the Xperia going to be released and for how much and which carrier is going to have them?

I think it's a marketing ploy to make everyone lust after the X1 even more. Even people that have given up waiting for the X1 and purchased something else will probably eventually give in and get the X1 anyways after it's released.
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2008-08-11 07:32

On 2008-08-11 05:18:38, WhyBe wrote:

On 2008-08-10 23:52:38, NimmyxHuynh wrote:

I think it's a marketing ploy to make everyone lust after the X1 even more. Even people that have given up waiting for the X1 and purchased something else will probably eventually give in and get the X1 anyways after it's released.

That's true you know.. when I decided to buy HTC or Iphone I had one thing in my mind that whenever Xperia is out in the market i'll definately buy it.
But technically this doesn't sound good to me you know. Buying a new phone, sell it and then buy Xperia is not a good idea in the end. We want quality good phones and not just a phone. Not everybody can wait for so long. Xperia is a good phone and that's the reason i'm waiting otherwise I don't know which phone I would have end up buying as there are no other good phones besides Nokia E71.
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-11 08:41
@All

Does anyone living in the U.S. have any indication the X1 will actually be sold inside of AT&T stores? When I ask, they have no idea. I don't know if it's a don't tell policy or they really have no idea
The Verizon guy doesn't know about the TouchPro either
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-11 08:47
The lower rung employees get to know in the last minute, maximum of 6 weeks before launch, sometimes its even a single week before launch. And basically few of them would even tell you(if they did know) out of fear of loosing their jobs.
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-11 09:03
Has anyone placed a pre-order yet?

I planned on getting the X1i (I'm in U.S.), so I have to pay the big unlocked price
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 192193194 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic