Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Post pictures taken with your Sony Ericsson Elm/Hazel

Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 636465  Next
Author Post pictures taken with your Sony Ericsson Elm/Hazel
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 16:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Mobile7 why do you feel the need to use a digital zoom? Digital zoom just distorts the photos unlike a physical movement of an optical zoom. I never ever use digital it's a waste of time.
Phone?? What phone??
mobile7
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 16:41
Bonovox thanks for the suggestions. I have throughly enjoyed ur photos after which i have taken Elm.
but can u confirm if zoom works only in VGA mode.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 16:48
Yes it does I just tried it
Phone?? What phone??
buntymunna
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 17:11
Fine i will post as soon as possible

but let me knw the settings......i mean there is no use of using all these particular settings like landscape portrait document n all.........auto setting is inough?
bUNTY
mobile7
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 17:13
Thanks bonovox. I will continue to take photos without the Zoom. I will upload some photos in my next post.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 15:07
If you took a photo with digital zoom even in 5 mega pixel it will distort the picture it's useless unless it's an optical zoom. If you take a photo with digital zoom in VGA mode EVEN WORSE!!!!!!

I love summer evening skies with golden sunshine kissing the nature around us

My new keyboard & my new case
Phone?? What phone??
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-05 17:23

On 2010-05-04 21:04:09, Bonovox wrote:
I love summer evening skies with golden sunshine kissing the nature around us
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-05-04 20:17 ]

Wow, cool pics!
buntymunna
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 17:49
Hi Bonovox

please tell whats wrong with my pics? Macro shot come well but wat about these landscape pics? i dnt think they r good inough.............
[ This Message was edited by: buntymunna on 2010-05-05 17:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2010-07-26 22:24 ]
bUNTY
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 18:12
One or two are ok but some show blur. If doing macro try putting phone on stable surface & at night too if possible. Domipost thanks for the comments
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-05-05 17:14 ]
Phone?? What phone??
cococo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 20:18
Thanks to everyone's (and Bonovox especially - you totally rock with your pics, thanks) diligent posting of their photos here, I've bought the Elm finally today! (Was going to get the Hazel at first because of the larger screen, but I really prefer the candybar format better.) My last SE was K750i (and then I veered into another brand when that phone died sadly after 2 years.), but now I'm back with SE, so I'm hoping to be able to take pics with the Elm that are almost as great as that phone (I mean, it was years ago, and yet to this day I haven't found a phone that takes pics like the K750i did - that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I loved the K750i! I'd still use it if it didn't die on me - crazy how great that 2.0 camera was on that phone.)

However, I tried taking some photos during the day and at night, and while they're not bad, they're not as great as the ones I'm seeing here. It could be because the weather here is a bit cloudy, but the colors still seem a lot less vibrant than the ones I'm seeing here even taking that into account. So, hoping to ask for any tips you might have for maximizing the Elm camera:-

Can I ask if there's a particular setting ( for all the settings) that are particularly great with:

- Sunny outdoors (with people, or with landscapes)
- Cloudy outdoors
- Macro closeups
- Indoor day time
- Indoor night time with light
- Indoor night time with very little light (like...in a concert or a dark bar)
- night time, dark with only a little bit of light?

Also, the flash is auto, but is there a way to set it so it's on (and not auto or off)?

Also, is it just a matter of having a really steady hand? I noticed that some of my pics aren't as sharp as the pics I'm seeing here, and I've got a pretty steady hand.

Thanks for your help, hope I'm not being too inquisitive.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 21:34
Just post a few photos & we can see where you might be going wrong. With cameras even if it seems like you have not moved the slightest movement detected the camera will blur. What I do when taking a photo standing up with no stable surface is stand straight with your arms dead straight with the sides of your body whilst holding the camera with both hands.Not with your arms out like wings. Try if possible to use a stable surface for macro & night shots or a tripod. Look at the light around you is the sun or light source in front or behind you? If too dark adjust the exp. setting & same if too over exposed. For landscape shots it's best to use daylight or or auto settings. If cloudy then adjust to cloudy setting obviously. For macro keep testing the focus till you can see it lock on sharp on screen but try different macro distances till you got it right. But macro really does need the phone on a flat hard surface & same for night shots. All phones will take better photos in sunlight more crisp. Indoors use the auto setting or incandescent for night shots the night landscape & night portrait settings are fine but blurred details will happen if you move. Also to reduce picture noise indoors if lowlight is not too bad adjust the exposure setting down 2 notches to -0.7. One last tip is when the photo is in the process of saving try not to move the camera until it's finished saving. All phones have some some shutter lag & if you move too soon blur may occur so just hold steady for a few seconds. Thanks for your comments & enjoy your new toy. You will get to know it as time goes by & just experiment & play about. That's the joy of digital photography. Always judge the light around you & don't judge what you see on the small 2.2 inch screen till you see the pics on a monitor I am no expert but I do know how to take a decent photo & I love photography. Oh & no the flash can only be set to auto or off though that could be changed if the phone was modded but I have no idea on that.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-05-05 20:52 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-06 00:22
This is not the real Westminster just some pleb who is running for himself in the election @buntymunna your photos are mostly fine just take a little more time & steady hand as one or two are slightly blurred. The colours look fine except one looks a little yellowish tint(god I sound like Plank) just try using daylight or auto setting. I like the sun in the clouds shot.

3 different colours of my pc keypad
Phone?? What phone??
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-06 03:05

Bonovox wrote:

Great!
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-06 16:22
Thanks. At this point I was sitting by my pc & I looked out the window & noticed the evening sunset so I raced out with my Elm. Today in Birmingham some pan pipe players
Phone?? What phone??
mobile7
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-06 16:37
Here is my first picture. Need some comments and feedback. Inspired by Bonovox.

[ This Message was edited by: mobile7 on 2010-05-06 15:52 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 636465  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic