Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > T610 - R1L software is out

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 141516
Author T610 - R1L software is out
wrath000
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-08-27 17:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I see, I guess I have to rearrange the data accounts then. Thanks for the info.
If I had all the answers, I wouldn't have any questions.
Answers to the most common questions on Esato forums
agnesx
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-02 06:24
hi guys, and yes i did READ all of the previous posts haha so many

heres my bit,

i just too my R1A T610 to be flashed with R1L (they told me be a 5 hour wait so yeah, picking it up in an hour and will update with changes noticed)

but i was wondersing, will it be possible for them to put on additional languages for me?
such as a chinese input

i am using my old sim from my Chinese enabled T28 and i have contacts written in chinese, but wont show on my new T610...

also chinese sms saved on sim comes up as .........

any help or comments be nice

bluejack
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-02 09:16
hi!

is there any way to do a firmware upgrade yourself? or are SE Service points the only ones allowed to do so?

thanks
turnipz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-03 15:02
I am on Orange also, which shop did you take your phone into and did you have to remove the logo from the front of the phone first?

Turnipz

On 2003-07-18 20:17:40, MattyB wrote:
As no one has replied to my question, I'll do it myself! Sheesh!

I upgraded my Orange (UK) T610 today to R1L firmware and it all went smoothly. The girl in the shop told me it's completely "Factory-Reset" everything in my phone, which I wasn't relishing but it actually didn't change or reset anything at all, which was a relief.

I checked the Firmware version of the phone afterwards to check it had been applied and it had!

Haven't noticed anything different really, in the new version, except that I don't like the screensaver clock anymore and the Java startup icon is different. Apart from that, identical!

PS: Here's a tip on how to check the software version of your T610. Apologies if it's been mentioned before:

From your main desktop screen, follow this sequence:

>*<<*<*

(where < is joystick-left, > is joystick-right, and * is the star key)

This brings you to a "Service" menu where if you select "Service Info" and then "SW Information", you should see that the Software (or Firmware) version is the first thing noted, beginning with 'R'.

This is quite a cool menu but it seems the only thing you can actually change in "Service" is the screen brightness, more than the usual control in "Settings".

P

[ This Message was edited by: turnipz on 2003-09-03 14:06 ]
Vick
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-09-03 16:14
Is anyone who have screenshot of new screensaver clock (firmware R1L..) Please if you have - post a link .... 10x
Vick
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-09-03 17:55
Did you know some good web sites with SE T610's stuf ?
Excluding a site, Unofficial SE and T610 center ..
gk141054
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-05 20:40
Hi people, finally got to the end of this huge thread and have a couple of questions.

1. My T610 ha T-mobile specific software and it was locked to t-mobile too, but I got T-mob to unlock it for me (only cost £15!!!) so does this mean that I can get the generic software put on now?

2. Has anyone had their T-mob T610 done yet?

3. I noticed above, someone posted about a *secret* menu, well there is another (secret?) menu, in stand by, press < ** < and this will take you to a screen with your phone locks in. I then had to go into the "network subset" screen to enter my unlock code.

4. The battery on my phone seems to only last a day (without even making more than 30 mins calls. I think this is because i leave BT turned on all the time for my BT headset. BT seems to use loads of power, but on the T68i there was an "automatic" option for bluetooth whereby it was only used when calls were being made or taken. Why does this not exist on the T610?

Cheers
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-06 16:51
I need T610 - R1L users wanted for wapsite test !!!!

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=37405&forum=29

Cheers [addsig]
megamouse99
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-07 18:53
agnesx

Hi, i read ur post and i having the same question as well: trying to get my T610 reading chinese message as well. the thing is, if u bring ur T610 to the SE service point in China (in my case, Guang Zhou), they say they can upgrade the firmware to R1L chinese, but they don't guarantee the safety, which means the phone "could be damaged",

somehow i didn't try it out.

so, have u upgraded ur T610? did they put in a chinese language pack for U?

and at last, is your phone Vodafone branded?? my one was bought in UK and i really want to get rid of the voda-style menu.

please reply as soon as possible, thanx for ur help.
I love my T610 so much that.......
agnesx
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-09 03:27
i replied to your mail already, so

as for my findings with R1L it is all i expected to be plus more
the screensaver animations are much smoother

having the short cut keys when in camera mode was also very convinent, also the phone seem to run faster also

i dont use much of the other features so can't comment on them yet

as for the chinese language pack, they told me they couldn't do it, and asked me to go find some smaller (i.e. dodgey shop who will do it for me instead) good one for a SE accredited service centre

but the down side was i lost all of my sms, even the ones i saved on my sim and was copied to the phone, when i did a back up i couldn't back up the sms folders.. sigh.... anyone know how to back up sms to sim?

lol but i guess somethings are meant to be forgotten right

cheers
pethal
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-11 13:30
Quote:

On 2003-09-05 20:40:46, gk141054 wrote:

1. My T610 ha T-mobile specific software and it was locked to t-mobile too, but I got T-mob to unlock it for me (only cost £15!!!) so does this mean that I can get the generic software put on now?

How did you get it unlocked from T-mobile, mate?
zopps
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-23 17:10
only £15? They do it for free here in the states if you've been a T-Mo customer for more than a year.

BTW- does anyone have R1S001 firmware on the t-mo branded t610, What is the latest?

[ This Message was edited by: zopps on 2003-09-23 16:15 ]
genesis_alien
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 18:56
i just got my phone flashed to the R1L today..the lady at the counter said there isnt much difference..hah!! there is ALOT of difference!! my screensaver is much faster..my clock font is changed..erms..the keypad can now be used to change the camera functions..and many more!! hahaha..i did it at accord customer care centre in perth..for non-warranty phones and etc it costs AU$45 tho..i got it free..hahha..wonder if a newer firmware version is released i can go back there again and get it flashed for free again..hmmmmmmm

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 141516
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic