Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z1

Previous  123 ... 137138139 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-23 00:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I cannot format the card as the Z1 didn't even recognise it was there, I think I may be dealing with a defective card or it became defective/bricked once inserted into the Z1, the card was formatted exfat which worked in the XZU, what's more - the friend that let me try their 64gb card in my phone has told me that everything was wiped - now that is a really big deal as he didn't have a backup of photo's etc - the phone was S4, I'm going to try and recover the files

I know from reading on the web that SD Cards are quirky at best, format a card in phone A and it won't work in Phone B so it's very grey
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-23 01:03
geoffxx - that sucks. especially about your friend. did you unmount the card each time you removed it? Sometimes not performing this simple step is enough to corrupt the card. Same is true for external drives too as i've had a 2TB drive get corrupted, simply because i pulled out the USB before ejecting it.

I guess if your Z1 didn't detect it at all, you couldn't do that. it seems more likely that the card is defective than the Z1, but that wouldn't explain your friend's card not working. But, it is coming from an S4, which could explain it.

Sucks you can't read it in your computer, cause then you could do more tests. I guess all that's left for you to do is buy a new card and try it. If it works, then it's the card, if not, then it's the Z1 for some odd reason. But, apparently it works since supercoolman has his working. I'll report once I have a chance to test mine.. my card won't arrive til wednesday according to amazon.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Ermac84
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-23 01:09
2nd day with the Z1.

Full Battery charge took 3 hours using the cable and adapter supplied in the box! is that normal?

For the users who imported their phones from UK, is there a way to redeem the vouchers from xperia Privilege app? It keep saying that my SIM card does not match country of origin UK

I still have the film on the back of the phone, is there a screen protector available for the rear?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-23 01:22
ermac - strange that the xperia privilege app isn't letting you use it for the reason you stated. it should just know that you're in north america and work accordingly.

are you sure there isn't a shatterproof sheet on the back too? i would assume there is one on each side..
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Ermac84
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-23 01:37
xperia privilege app was not released in US, it detects the device compatibility by its sim card! If anybody has lock redeeming the content let us know, its a shame that all this free content cant be redeemed!

I am not talking about the pre-applied shatter proof film, you know that one that gets pealed off before use
[ This Message was edited by: Ermac84 on 2013-09-23 00:38 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-23 01:41
i know you meant the plastic that you peel off before use. i'm saying, there should be a shatterproof sheet on the back too. unless you would like an EXTRA screen protector for the rear? in which case, you'd have to get your own (there are tons available).

as for the xperia privilege app, try updating it on google play. but it seems like we'll have to wait until they add USA to the approved countries..

i haven't used the app, but someone on XDA said they are in india and simply changed the country setting in the app to the UK to make use of it. give that a shot?
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-23 00:43 ]
moogoo
Ermac84
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-23 01:47
I did change the country to UK but it gave a message saying my sim card does not match the country selected or something like that.

I'll look around for some rear screen protectors. If you come across a decent one, share it with me please

EDIT- here is the error message

[ This Message was edited by: Ermac84 on 2013-09-23 01:01 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-23 01:58
so, did you accept the change?

sounds like if you accept the change, it will either use the UK (app setting) or the US (sim id) to access the content. but if the guy from India could do it, sounds like it will use the app setting? I'd give it a try. you could always change it back to the US later. you have nothing to lose at this point.

I did do a search for full body screen protectors. prices were from $15-25. there are SO many to choose from and all of them have lifetime replacement guarantees and similar feature/quality claims. Only differences I could see were method of applying.. using wet method or dry method.

i'll have to research more when i have more time. let me know if you try one you like.
moogoo
Ermac84
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-23 02:06
Who is that guy from india you are referring to? Anyway I tried to decline the message but it doesn't save the selection so no luck here!

Moogoo, When are you getting your Z1?
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-23 02:13

On 2013-09-23 00:42:21, Geoffxx wrote:
I cannot format the card as the Z1 didn't even recognise it was there, I think I may be dealing with a defective card or it became defective/bricked once inserted into the Z1, the card was formatted exfat which worked in the XZU, what's more - the friend that let me try their 64gb card in my phone has told me that everything was wiped - now that is a really big deal as he didn't have a backup of photo's etc - the phone was S4, I'm going to try and recover the files

I know from reading on the web that SD Cards are quirky at best, format a card in phone A and it won't work in Phone B so it's very grey

it could be the construction of the SD card. certain models of SD card are known to have fitting issue on a variety of smartphones. you can insert them, but they don't make good contact or the contact becomes loose easily.
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-23 02:15
Looks like I might be able receiving my Z1 tomorrow since it reached my city's dispatch center this morning.

On 2013-09-23 02:06:29, Ermac84 wrote:
Who is that guy from india you are referring to? Anyway I tried to decline the message but it doesn't save the selection so no luck here!

Moogoo, When are you getting your Z1?

By declining, it means your country was never changed.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-23 02:19
^exactly.

You should ACCEPT the changes.. not DECLINE.

and I will be getting my Z1 sometime this week. I placed the order late friday evening, so I would assume handtec will process my order early tomorrow (Monday), and if shipping is as fast as everyone is saying, then I should get it Tuesday or Wednesday. The sad thing is i won't really have a lot of time to play with it until the following week! so no real reviews til then..

moogoo
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-23 02:29
@moogoo Same here, I probably won't have much time playing with it. Would be spending all my free time working on my bike, need to put on my new parts. Though, still excited that it may come in tomorrow. Anyway, all those talks about microSD just remind me to buy mine. Too use to not having a microSD slot for the past two years that I nearly forgotten about their existence even though I've been craving for a phone with a microSD slot.
Ermac84
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-23 02:43
Ok Finally for it to work!, here is what I did.

1) App is blocked in my country so I had to download it using Aptoid.
2) Uninstalled the preinstalled version
4) Installed the latest version of xperia privilege 3.0
5) At first the app detected my country as US, changed the setting to UK, same warning message came on and I clicked on accept and now I can access the store!

But there is nothing inside it except for a free RPG game!
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-09-23 02:56
mods, please delete this post.. I can't figure out how to do it
[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2013-09-23 03:04 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 137138139 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic