Previous  123 ... 131132133 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
jatt4964
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 04:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-09-21 04:01:30, moogoo wrote:
MNX.. i'm gonna give myself the weekend to ponder it and place the order sunday night my time, which is monday UK time. then it'll be processed and hopefully arrive by wednesday if the 1-2 day shipping is accurate.

I was just in the same position as you but then im like whatever, i ordered the phone thursday and got it today. It ended up costing me $980 CAD with duties and everything, i don't know if i regret the decision or not at the moment, but hey i got myself the Z1 and should be receiving the watch soon from handtec. I say you go for it moogoo, its a gorgeous phone. And to make you feel special, i registered just to tell you that but i been following esato from quite some time now.
[ This Message was edited by: jatt4964 on 2013-09-21 03:52 ]
monkeypantz
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 04:51
Has anyone received their phones from the UK importated into the US? I read somewhere there is NO import tax on smartphones , I was wondering if you guys had to pay any customs?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-21 05:00
ermac is in the US.. and MNX is also. MNX said he's imported things before and hasn't had to pay customs.. so should be fine.

@jatt haha.. thanks for making me feel special hah. why did yours cost so much!? i think it's awesome that you ordered on thursday and got it friday. that's FAST. did you pay for overnight shipping? maybe that's why..

for me 1-2 day shipping will cost about 24 bp and total works out to be about $780USD.. with the smartwatch 2 for free ($160 USD value).. the phone costs just $620, which is a great deal! that's not even counting all the media (movies, music, and UNLIMITED cloud storage for photos/video) sony is giving for free, which is awesome too.

damn it. i'm ordering. maybe if i'm lucky they'll have someone working tomorrow and it'll arrive on monday!

thank all of you for pushing me.. i am now poor. i don't even care that i'll be missing one band of AT&T LTE.. i'll make do with HSPA+ and the other band if i can get it and give Tmobile a try
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
jatt4964
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 05:07

On 2013-09-21 05:00:51, moogoo wrote:

@jatt haha.. thanks for making me feel special hah. why did yours cost so much!? i think it's awesome that you ordered on thursday and got it friday. that's FAST. did you pay for overnight shipping? maybe that's why..

the phone came out to be 826 canadian with the fedex priority international shipping and i paid 150 in customs and duties. I'm officially poor LOL
[ This Message was edited by: jatt4964 on 2013-09-21 04:08 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-21 05:19
oh damn.. customs. that sucks. i sure hope i don't have to pay customs fees!!!

depending on when handtec charges my card, i'll know how much the exchange rate is. it's hovering around 1bp = 1.60 usd according to google. but who knows what it'll be. but a difference of one cent becomes $20USD quickly.

@ermac - did you pay customs?

@mnx - how bout you?
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
jatt4964
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 05:24

On 2013-09-21 05:19:34, moogoo wrote:
oh damn.. customs. that sucks. i sure hope i don't have to pay customs fees!!!

depending on when handtec charges my card, i'll know how much the exchange rate is. it's hovering around 1bp = 1.60 usd according to google. but who knows what it'll be. but a difference of one cent becomes $20USD quickly.

@ermac - did you pay customs?

@mnx - how bout you?

moogoo it should cost you 783.15 US Dollar thats if you pay no customs. i should have monitored the currency before making a purchase LOL
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-21 05:34
yea it should.. if the exchange rate stays the same! i had to order twice cause my card automatically put a block on the transaction. but after i logged in to verify it on my bank website, it was fine. easy!

hopefully the final cost doesn't exceed $800 and HOPEFULLY there is no customs! i don't need/want to be more poor..

I'll be that beggar on the corner asking for spare change to buy an app for my Z1. haha.
moogoo
Ermac84
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 05:50
All right I played around more with this awesome gadget today so let me share my opinion and answer some questions

-I got the phone through Handtec UK and it was shipped to me within a 1 business day! Crazy fast shipping I say! Glad that I purchased the phone through them, and would highly recommend buying from them.

-I didnt get charged for import tax, not even transaction fees through PayPal. Total came out about $798 after PayPal US currency to Birtish Pound conversion rate.

-FedEx delivered the phone to my house around 9:30 am, signature was required.

-The content in the box were XPERIA Z C903, AC Adapter+Micro USB cable, Earbuds, manuals and 1 screen protector (Easily applied)

Now the phone.

-Most beautiful design in the history of mobile phones!
-Weighs good and it reminds me of Sony Ericsson C902, feels like a quality product.
-Screen is gorgeous, very sharp and vivid, white colored icons tend to loose detail at a very sharp angle and color looses its vibrancy (I honestly don't know what to look for a bad viewing angles)
-There is a small yellow tint in the screen mostly visible in the grey colored navigation bar, nothing major had the same issue with xperia P but got fixed in later software updates
-Performance improvement is very noticeable from Z, at least 3X faster and stock launcher no longer lags and for the first time looks smooth as butter.
-Sound Quality through headphones are great but not up to Walkman NWZ1000 level.
-Loud speaker tend to distort at high level and produce vibration effect
-Camera Shutter button have a clicking noise (Am I the only one?)

PS. didnt have luck getting LTE band 4 work with AT&T, even through it available in Raleigh NC! I am still trying to figure out the best HSDPA APN settings to get the best out of download speed
[ This Message was edited by: Ermac84 on 2013-09-21 05:01 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-21 05:58
Ermac - thanks for the info! it's strange how google reports a higher exchange rate. when i tried to pay through paypal, they wanted to charge me $800 USD and gave me an exchange rate of 1bp = 1.609 usd. weird huh? i guess there is a fee involved somewhere with the exchange rate. I'll probably be charged a similar amount unless my card doesn't have fees for foreign exchange rates (which i haven't checked). 1 day shipping is AWESOME. if they process it tomorrow (doubtful) i'll get it monday. but it sounds like i should expect it tuesday morning! man i'm so excited.

on to the phone.. sounds amazing! with the loud speaker, does turning on and off the xLoud and clearaudio make a difference with sound quality at high volume? I'm honestly not too concerned with it though as i'm not one to listen to music or movies using the phone's speaker. i think a good test would be call quality using the speaker phone.. and if it distorts voices.

Sounds like you are reporting the same things for viewing angles. what you describe are the things people don't like. not an issue for me though as long as straight ahead viewing (and maybe 20 degrees each way) is breathtaking, that's all that matters.

I need to get extra motivated and get a ton of work done over the weekend so i can spare a few hours to play with the Z1 when i get it..

Interesting about the LTE ... though i'm not surprised..
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-21 04:59 ]
moogoo
Ermac84
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 06:10
Moogoo,

The screen looks totally fine at 30-40 degree angle, but what pissing people off is that getting a screen with ZU quality is a hit or miss, its like they are gambling with screen quality and its not a healthy business practice from Sony. but overall it looks stunning

Forgot to mention and just updated that my screen shows a slight yellow tint noticeably visible in grey color, but it can be fixed by software update I assume.

I'll test the loudspeaker in the morning with xloud on and off

About PayPal, I contacted them by phone before I placed an order with Handtec, the informed me that they update their currency conversion data twice a day so it might vary even in the same day, but no transaction fees applied with them,
[ This Message was edited by: Ermac84 on 2013-09-21 05:11 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-21 06:19
Ermac cool. i guess whatever they charge.. it's not like i'm gonna dispute it. not much i can do.

as for the screen, it can definitely be fixed by software. you can wait for an update or try something like this now..

https://play.google.com/store[....]EsImNvbS5uZXRtYW5zbGFiLnNhIl0.

it's an app to calibrate your screen colors

oh btw.. did you get the update that was released today?
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-21 05:23 ]
moogoo
Ermac84
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 06:39
Update? no never heard about it, ill keep an eye on it, thanks for the headsup!
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-21 06:52
here's the link on it..

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]update-rolls-out-14-1-g-1-531/
moogoo
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 07:56
Should i change my ultra with z1? Any input guys?
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 08:01
moogoo is being attracted to dark side by dark matters?

On 2013-09-21 05:34:09, moogoo wrote:
yea it should.. if the exchange rate stays the same! i had to order twice cause my card automatically put a block on the transaction. but after i logged in to verify it on my bank website, it was fine. easy!

hopefully the final cost doesn't exceed $800 and HOPEFULLY there is no customs! i don't need/want to be more poor..

I'll be that beggar on the corner asking for spare change to buy an app for my Z1. haha.

I remember someone said he spared a dollar to a beggar and that beggar take out his iphone to called people and tell them he got a dollar.

On 2013-09-21 05:58:10, moogoo wrote:
Ermac - thanks for the info! it's strange how google reports a higher exchange rate. when i tried to pay through paypal, they wanted to charge me $800 USD and gave me an exchange rate of 1bp = 1.609 usd. weird huh? i guess there is a fee involved somewhere with the exchange rate. I'll probably be charged a similar amount unless my card doesn't have fees for foreign exchange rates (which i haven't checked). 1 day shipping is AWESOME. if they process it tomorrow (doubtful) i'll get it monday. but it sounds like i should expect it tuesday morning! man i'm so excited.

[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-21 04:59 ]

google shows you the rate if your transaction is in million/billion dollars unit. since your only involve a few hundred/thousand, you won't get that great rate.
[ This Message was edited by: supercoolman on 2013-09-21 07:09 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 131132133 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic