Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Previous  123 ... 122123124 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2013-04-03 01:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'd been using the JB updated TX via Flash for a day, and though I like some things, but not all. in fact, I wish they would've kept some things from the ICS instead.

somethings I'd like to point out:
-customize-to-size Photo and videos widget.
-smoother transition. faster response. But I'll take another week or month to actually rate it, because it usually lags after a certain amount of time.
-adding additional windows pane. but I hope they'll take it a step further by being able to re-arrange the order of windows. I tried but no luck. now if I want to, I'll have to probable delete an entire pane and redo everything.

-music app in lock screen. easier to access. Although I find the camera slide unnecessary, because the TX have a camera button on the side. would be much better if I can actually customize it. also additional widgets or buttons in lock screen.

-slide-down notifications windows. It's great. much more info, emails, mms, music app like walkman and google play.

-google now : great app.

somethings I don't like:

- they remove that floating widgets "thing" when you "zoom out" when on the home screen, where several apps/widget floating around. Why did they remove that? I'd hope they would've kept that. it's very useful because instead of sliding around a total of 7 windows pane, I could've just zoom out, then choose the app/widget I'm looking for...

- if you have indeed use the JB, then you'll probably know... when I want to open an object or link with an app, it pops up the "complete action using..." and you choose the app you want to open it with. Now I have several browser that I use for different uses. I know there is always the "always use this app" and you either checkmark it or leave it uncheck. but now I have to choose the app and press the additional "Just Once". Annoying. it's the same iwith either a photo or video, whether open with album or quick pic app, etc. or calling a contact with either phone or skype, etc.
I don't need the "Just Once" button.

-I always find the theme thing unnecessary because it not like there's a different set of themes which takes different actions. It's all really just wallpapers, which is disappointing.

-still haven't fix the auto-brightness. maybe it's just very, very slow, or doesn't work at all.

I hope there are more updates to fix or make the current much better. come on, Sony and Xperia staff.

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2013-04-06 01:41
I've updated my TX to JB. Loving it so far but noticed it drains battery pretty fast. I noticed apps like maps, android system are using a lot of battery and keep awake. Its there anything to stop that happen? Anyone has the same experience?

Also, is there one click root on JB for Xperia TX? If not, what's the easiest way to root the phone? Thanks guys!
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2013-04-06 01:47
Hi everyone!!

I have a Xperia T with Android Version 4.1.2 Bluetooth question! I want to pair it with the Toyota Touch and Go system and was wondering if all functions are available.

For example, I should be able to see the Calendar, Email and also text messaging on the Car Navigation/Media Players screen.

The Touch and Go system supports the following.. but I am not knowledgeable enough to know if the Xperia T has all of these functions but I think it does..

Touch and Go....

Bluetooth specification
Ver 1.1 or higher
(Recommended Ver 2.1+EDR or higher)

HFP ( Hands Free Profile)
Ver 1.0 or higher
(Recommended Ver 1.5 or higher)

DUN ( Dial-Up Networking Profile)
Ver 1.1 or higher

PAN ( Personal Area Network)
Ver 1.0

PBAP ( Phonebook Access Profile)
Ver 1.0 or higher

MAP ( Message Access Profile)

Application
PIM ( Personal Information Manager )

I will pair the Xperia T with the Touch and Go system again tomorrow and experiment, but any advice is much appreciated!!

Off to search some more before sleeping!

Ofiaich

esato since Nov, 12, 2001
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-06 09:47
Hey ofiaich,

In my experience with manufacturer in-car bluetooth systems don't live up to what they say on the tin. However, looking at the Toyota system, it looks alright. I've not had problems with getting in-car systems to read the phonebook, dial numbers by voice recognition referencing the contact's name and play back music, but I've not had experience with SMS, calendar or email handling. Xperia T should handle it, it's only 6 months old and was a flagship device with connectivity coming out of it's ears.

To be honest, I'm not sure I could read and compose a reply email properly whilst driving so the use case scenario is outside of my needs.

I'll be interested to know how you get on with it and whether or not manufacturer systems have improved since last I was in the market, come back and let us know if it works and if it's easy to use.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2013-04-06 12:12
Hi Ricky,

I think to check email when parked up at a service station etc is sometimes useful but maybe more of a gimmick.

The in-car system is not so good for me because most of my email and calendar events are written inJapanese and Toyoto didn't bother to put the appropriate fonts on the European market cars.

I'll experiment this afternoon but with a USB connection for a memory stick or iPod that shows Album Art etc, I guess I will end up not use the system for calls! Basically, because the system should do things, I want to see that they do do exactly what it says on the tin!

I'll add more later!

edit... didn't get the internet connection to work but I think the O2 signal at home is too weak.. I also need to check the apn details for contract o2...

Ofiaich
[ This Message was edited by: ofiaich on 2013-04-06 14:33 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-07 05:31

On 2013-04-06 01:41:56, caff111 wrote:
I've updated my TX to JB. Loving it so far but noticed it drains battery pretty fast. I noticed apps like maps, android system are using a lot of battery and keep awake. Its there anything to stop that happen? Anyone has the same experience?

Also, is there one click root on JB for Xperia TX? If not, what's the easiest way to root the phone? Thanks guys!

The best way to root a Sony handset. Does not require a bootloader unlocking nor installing anything such as flashtool. Just unpack on your PC desktop, run the script and follow the instructions in the console window. It's pretty straight forward.

Set your display timeout to 5 minutes before you go with it so your screen doesn't turn off during the process. Choose option 3 at the first prompt.

If you want I can write more detailed instructions but the thread I link to has instructions and plenty of feedback from users.

I had to run it twice on my Z, rebooting the device inbetween, but it worked properly after that.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2013-04-07 11:54
Thanks Ricky D, I have rooted my Xperia TX, just wondering what are the must installed apps for rooted device? I have installed titanium backup and greenify. Also, I saw someone mod the drop down slider to have a second toggle switch. How can I do this? Thanks
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-07 14:14

On 2013-04-07 11:54:37, caff111 wrote:
Thanks Ricky D, I have rooted my Xperia TX, just wondering what are the must installed apps for rooted device? I have installed titanium backup and greenify. Also, I saw someone mod the drop down slider to have a second toggle switch. How can I do this? Thanks

I use the following apps that require root:

• Titanium
  • Root Explorer is pretty essential, there are free alternatives but this is the best for low fuss full funtionality
  • VpnROOT for accessing my UK company's server from China. This VPN app lets me use VPN without needing to setup any lockscreen security

About the toggles, can you show me an image of what you mean exactly or link to where you've seen it. There are loads of variations of the toggles, some more complex than others and some requiring an unlocked bootloader or at least recovery (e.g. CWM) installed. Have a dig around in the xda forums, you may find what you're looking for and support from the person who wrote it there.

With root access you can also use things like UOT Kitcen, which allows you to edit loads of system UI stuff like the battery display, system fonts (which can also be done using root apps from the market), system colours, background images in places like the notification bar, pop-up window appearance, even boot animation and loads more. I used to use this sort of thing but haven't done for a while.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2013-04-07 16:50

On 2013-04-06 12:12:43, ofiaich wrote:
edit... didn't get the internet connection to work but I think the O2 signal at home is too weak.. I also need to check the apn details for contract o2...

Ofiaich
[ This Message was edited by: ofiaich on 2013-04-06 14:33 ]

All working now... all that I needed to do was to check the tethering option in Settings - Data Usage More.... - Tethering & Portable Hotspots

I am happy now!!

Ofiaich
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-07 17:12
Excellent @ofiaich. I'm currently looking into the best in-car handling solution for my Xperia Z. I don't want to have to deal with the flaps everytime I get in the car so I'm thinking of an NFC/bluetooth headset through the AUX and retro-fitting a QI wireless charging receiver internally if possible. Then I just need a standard cradle with a QI charging plate stuck to the back or could even carry on using the spider podium I've got at the minute.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-04-07 17:28
Hi, I bought this phone (Xperia T) about a week ago and already installed JB.

Man, I must say that coming from a Xperia Arc, this phone is sooo much better in every aspect that i dont know where to begin.

The UI is fast and fluid, the camera is such an improvement over the Arc... the design of the new Camera UI, the recessed lens, which makes it less likely to get fingerprint smudges while picking it up... etc.

The screen is quite nice, the phone feel solid, and the UX in general have a lot of things that make it a delight to use. Im loving the small apps, very useful.

I ordered a set of SmartTags and the Dock, so if anyone has any specific question regarding the T or the accessories, just ask.

As you can see, Im very happy with the purchase and for the Price, I would recommend any Arc user to get it.

A quick question: My phone did not came with the Skyfall content, and I'd like to know where can i download it.

Thanks in advance.
Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2013-04-08 01:29
My latest acquisition from Japan...

Ofiaich...
[ This Message was edited by: ofiaich on 2013-04-08 00:42 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-04-08 02:40
Haha nice. Gerry and the Pacemakers Don't let the sun catch you crying
Phone?? What phone??
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-04-08 13:51

On 2013-04-07 17:28:15, Lightspeed_x wrote:
A quick question: My phone did not came with the Skyfall content, and I'd like to know where can i download it.

Try this.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
rphilippe
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-04-08 15:32
Still waiting for a Jellybean update on Orange UK...
Does anybody have any news?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 122123124 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic