Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SE-Portfolio 2010

Previous  123 ... 118119120 ... 232233234  Next
Author SE-Portfolio 2010
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-09-12 18:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well I'm guessing the Japanese and non -Japanese version will be available within weeks of each other and if Docomo is advertising them in their winter catalogue then it will be available December - February.

BTW, did anyone notice Sharp's 14MP CCD camera phone for their winter line-up too?
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2010-09-12 18:26 ]
wiraperkasa
P1
PM
Posted: 2010-09-12 18:50
when will the japanese winter announcement take place?so i suspect the design will be the same as the non-japanese phone. at least the X10 was like that.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-09-12 19:08
Last year's Docomo winter announcement took place on November 10th with the X10 announced on 3rd November so it looks like the first week in November again for the X10 successor.

Let's hope it launches with Froyo inside - although Gingerbread would be tastier.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2010-09-12 18:17 ]
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2010-09-12 19:16
Yea winter probably means Q1
wiraperkasa
P1
PM
Posted: 2010-09-12 19:30

On 2010-09-12 19:08:53, goldenface wrote:
Last year's Docomo winter announcement took place on November 10th with the X10 announced on 3rd November so it looks like the first week in November again for the X10 successor.

Let's hope it launches with Froyo inside - although Gingerbread would be tastier.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2010-09-12 18:17 ]

the date seems reasonable.this rumours can be believable.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-09-12 19:32
Dilemma for me! u make me dream of living next big thing if I put my satio on sale!

though Satio's OS feel not worthy investment enough

one thing : is it xenon equipped? avmax
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-09-12 20:01
I would believe that there is a 12MP Android, its something that was mentioned a while back after the X10 Mini announcement. I would be very surprised if anything is released this year but an announcement is soon. The WP7 device should be announced as the OS is set for a mega launch (anyone see the iPhone funeral?), there are already loads of phones from other manufacturers that are due to hit stores so have to show it off theirs.

Also, the PSPhone does exist but it really depends on what level of gaming you are looking at. That does not mean that its bad as you have seen the iPhone running the Unreal engine which is amazing so don't expect anything less. It depends on the games line up and for how long will they be available i.e. you don't want them to stop making games after a year for example. I think that if it has the quality of the original PSP in a phone with online gaming it will succeed.

In other news, Nokia asked their fans to make up a dream phone and they did a concept with all the ideas put into one which was cool. They, HTC and Samsung are announcing new stuff soon as well so September and October will be interesting for us all.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-13 01:12

On 2010-09-12 20:01:21, badassmam wrote:
I would believe that there is a 12MP Android, its something that was mentioned a while back after the X10 Mini announcement. I would be very surprised if anything is released this year but an announcement is soon. The WP7 device should be announced as the OS is set for a mega launch (anyone see the iPhone funeral?), there are already loads of phones from other manufacturers that are due to hit stores so have to show it off theirs.

Also, the PSPhone does exist but it really depends on what level of gaming you are looking at. That does not mean that its bad as you have seen the iPhone running the Unreal engine which is amazing so don't expect anything less. It depends on the games line up and for how long will they be available i.e. you don't want them to stop making games after a year for example. I think that if it has the quality of the original PSP in a phone with online gaming it will succeed.

In other news, Nokia asked their fans to make up a dream phone and they did a concept with all the ideas put into one which was cool. They, HTC and Samsung are announcing new stuff soon as well so September and October will be interesting for us all.

Great thanks! Very very interesting to see what will bring to WP7. I have big hopes with this platform but. But I'm afraid of limitations.
a w a r e
bambarah
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-09-13 01:17

On 2010-09-12 18:27:28, goldenface wrote:
Well I'm guessing the Japanese and non -Japanese version will be available within weeks of each other and if Docomo is advertising them in their winter catalogue then it will be available December - February.

BTW, did anyone notice Sharp's 14MP CCD camera phone for their winter line-up too?
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2010-09-12 18:26 ]

As I remember , won't go over 12 MP sensors , but I think they might create a strong competitor to the NOKIA N8

Guys ! It has 1/1.8" sensor it beats hundreds of digital cameras in the market

And one of the physical issues we have to face it has to be bulky because the bigger the sensor the more the space it has to be between the lens and sensor prospective
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2010-09-13 03:05

On 2010-09-12 11:22:55, avmaxfan wrote:
Yea the PSP Phone is just a rumor unfortunately. Its not likely that SONY will let use the playstation brand.
Anyways I stand by what I posted earlier.

As for the hardware, Engadget says:[PS PHONE]
The device is described as cross between the Samsung Captivate and the PSP Go — in other words, it’s a landscape slider with game controls in place of the typical QWERTY keyboard. The D-pad is here, but instead of the small joystick, the device will have what was described as a “long touch pad” for analog controls, along with standard PSP buttons and shoulder buttons. The phone has a large display, described as being between 3.7 and 4.1 inches with WVGA or better resolution, a 5 megapixel camera that we’re told might not be final, and it’ll likely have a 1 GHz Snapdragon CPU on board. The phone is mostly black with some silver highlights, and the gamepad area is white / silver in color.

So Y wud u think Engadget Post is not TRUE???
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2010-09-13 03:08
^^^^

On 2010-09-12 11:22:55, avmaxfan wrote:
Yea the PSP Phone is just a rumor unfortunately. Its not likely that SONY will let use the playstation brand.
Anyways I stand by what I posted earlier.

@ avmaxfan

Why No PS phone??

Wht Do u Say abt ENGADGET "Exclusive: Sony Ericsson to introduce Android 3.0 gaming platform and PSP Go-like smartphone"

http://www.engadget.com/2010/[....]ce-android-3-0-gaming-platfor/

Pls Reply
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-13 03:27
I guess stopped with the female code names. I think the Idou/Satio name confusion probably screwed them over. It was a rubbish phone anyway.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
pavlov's_dog
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-09-13 04:59
i think it's possible to announce the products this year. the x10 and x2 were introduced almost the same time last year, if i remember correctly. the main hurdle would be the actual launch as usual.
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-09-13 05:37
Ok Guys some more info

1. The WP7 device is called the Xperia X11
2. The next android phone will be Xperia X12 (codename CLIARO)

Specs wise X12 will be superior to X11. This again shows that is betting more on android then Wp7.

And as many of you guys have been expressing concern about the X12 being bulky, well it won't be bulky. It is 3mm thinner than the Xperia X10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone asked about xenon flash, sorry I don't have info on that but most likely it doesn't have a xenon flash. IF it did it would have been mentioned in the specs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next, the PSPhone, well there are a few reasons why the PSPhone may not be out, at least in the near future.
1. The market for a dedicated gaming phone is not huge, not sure if many would be interested in paying a lot of money for a phone meant primarily for gaming rather than media, business, social networking,camera. etc. And NO the gaming part isn't what helps sell IPhones, its just a cherry on the cake for Iphone users

2. The PSP itself has not done great as far as sales go, so highly unlikely for the PSPhone to perform better. Remember is feeling the heat from competition and their market share is much lower than what it was once, for a company that is on its way to revival it will be stupid to launch a niche product and hope it would get them to a new level.

3. Other practical limitations and difficulties in actually making a PSPhone.

4. SONY wants the PSP2 to succeed and wouldn't want a device eating its pie.

I am not saying it will never come, it might but will take a lot of time. Maybe in 2012 or later.

As for the OS, X12 is running Android 2.2 Froyo
There is a slight chance that if Gingerbread or Honeycomb is announced officially by Google soon then maybe the X12s that actually hit the store maybe running 3.0 or would go the X10 route and update the OS through a firmware update.
[ This Message was edited by: avmaxfan on 2010-09-13 04:50 ]
NoTnERb
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-13 06:00
damn! the storm is coming, don't fail us baby.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 118119120 ... 232233234  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic