Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 105106107 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-04-24 18:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-04-24 15:01:00, mario2004 wrote:
I can't belive people who think they know whats going on still confuse ericsson sony and sonyericsson. Actually ericsson had a bigger market share then sony before they decided to jointly start SE. Just read my previous post over and over and eventually you'll get the idea. Are you aware that both parent companies expect a payback from SE? Both Ericsson and Sony write down all they do/give for se and expect the investment to come back with interest ! You can't say Sony or Ericsson did a great job with the P-series. Yes,they may have done a (arguably) good job by 'creating' se but that is where it stops. The P-series has been designed by SE hired persons and not ericsson or sony ones. (it may be that some may have originated from sony or ericsson or even nokia)

WTH has any of that got to do with anything else in this thread? Get off your broken soapbox and take a lie down somewhere, leave the analysis to those of us that at least try to make sense.

That point you were trying to make before, about how this is an HTC device rather than SE? It's old, it's tired, it's totally misinformed, and it just makes you look stupid. Try another tack.

PS - if you "knew what's going on" you'd know that the origin of the P series was an entirely Ericsson design, seen in prototype form before the joint venture was ever guessed at. UIQ predates both the JV and the P800 which that prototype eventually became.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2008-04-24 17:26 ]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-24 18:34

I can't belive people who think they know whats going on still confuse ericsson sony and sonyericsson. Actually ericsson had a bigger market share then sony before they decided to jointly start SE. Just read my previous post over and over and eventually you'll get the idea. Are you aware that both parent companies expect a payback from SE? Both Ericsson and Sony write down all they do/give for se and expect the investment to come back with interest ! You can't say Sony or Ericsson did a great job with the P-series. Yes,they may have done a (arguably) good job by 'creating' se but that is where it stops. The P-series has been designed by SE hired persons and not ericsson or sony ones. (it may be that some may have originated from sony or ericsson or even nokia)

I love your posts, it adds a bit of humour to the thread . I always thought the Ericsson Sony and Sony Ericsson were one and the same , although I know that Ericsson is a different company from Sony Ericsson .

This thread is not about debating the achievements of SE, its about the X1. You are so naive, you actually think Nokia or any other company build each and every component in house? Each component is made by a different company and assembled by the manufacturer. Why is this such a big issue for you? A lot of the production orders is out sourced by most manufacturers from cars to phones. A product is good if the person who buys it likes it, not by the brand or who manufactured it.
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-24 19:20
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_[....]s_a_video_handson-news-491.php
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-04-24 19:57
@boinng, even i think se will do a better job with the x1 than the sloppy devices htc, imate & o2 have been churning out.
when i say sloppy it's in regards with hardware mostly.
mwg, the new name for o2 can only be rated once the mwg atom v is out.
@whybe, the amount of time that se elaspses between announcement & availability can be a killer.
o2 released the o2 atom way earlier than the p990i with identical features & a bit cheaper.
usually in the specifications of a phone running on the windows mobile platform the processor in the phone is mentioned.
any idea what kind of processor goes into the x1? [addsig]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-24 20:18
A qucik look at the spec list will tell you that. A Qualcomm MSM7200A System on Chip dual processor, ARM11 528Mhz Application porcessor and an ARM9 200 and something processor for the Radio
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2008-04-24 20:27

On 2008-04-24 18:17:40, Boinng wrote:

WTH has any of that got to do with anything else in this thread? Get off your broken soapbox and take a lie down somewhere, leave the analysis to those of us that at least try to make sense.

That point you were trying to make before, about how this is an HTC device rather than SE? It's old, it's tired, it's totally misinformed, and it just makes you look stupid. Try another tack.

PS - if you "knew what's going on" you'd know that the origin of the P series was an entirely Ericsson design, seen in prototype form before the joint venture was ever guessed at. UIQ predates both the JV and the P800 which that prototype eventually became.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2008-04-24 17:26 ]

Yes, as a matter of the P800 is/was derived from the Ericsson R380s/world.
Mario you crak me up!
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-04-24 20:48
i'll be damned, i could swear i saw none of all that on the specifications page on the se site. [addsig]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-24 21:04
Its on the whitepaper on the dev site, not on the main SE site or you can refer here http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=1117&view=1
C905
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-04-24 22:11

On 2008-04-23 10:55:14, Boinng wrote:
Looking at the last couple of pages, how has this topic degenerated into such unfounded gibberish?

Firstly, it supports micro SDHC, it's always supported micro SDHC, that's been very clearly stated and highlighted from the start.

Secondly, of course it won't have the "standard SE UI" - this is a Windows Mobile device. It will have the Windows Mobile UI, enhanced through the Panels system (essentially a Today screen add-on). As a Windows Mobile device competing directly with other Windows Mobile phones from HTC and others, it will sport standard Windows Mobile features - hence the micro SDHC support, mini-USB jack, and full-blown WinMo interface under the panels. This is not a toy phone for SE fanboys, it's a pro device!

Thirdly, there is no "non-branded" HTC version of this phone, both sides have made it quite clear that this is an SE device designed entirely by SE from the ground up, HTC are merely the OEM. They didn't create this phone and they have no right to brand it as anything else.

Of course HTC may have competing devices in the works, but with the sloppy job they've done on hardware support in their current range, I'm much more inclined to believe SE's new flagship will have the edge.

Exactly
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2008-04-24 22:27
Anyone, any idea about the icons that will be used in final X1????

I really don't like the looks of the default icons and was consirdering X1 as my next phone... Just like SE uses their own icons in UIQ, will they do the same with X1 as well???
Pop Lover
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-04-25 10:58
anyone Knows if X1 Support TV/Out through the Mini USB?!

[ This Message was edited by: Pop Lover on 2008-04-25 09:59 ]
Cyber.bee
K750
PM
Posted: 2008-04-25 12:02
I donīt understand all these people complaining about the X1 while they donīt even have seen/used it!
I think that it will be a great device for at least all professionals and not only these fanboys who want a mobile phone/smartphone as a replace for their digicam or videocam.
In my professional usage I donīt need a cam at all, but I will love this device for its superior design, the wm 6.1 (since I need DirectPush with MS Exchange) and the good battery life besides the obviously fantastic display! The O2 XDA sucks in terms of battery life!
And not to forget to mention: unlike HTC SE has licenced the graphics drivers for the Qualcomm proz.! That will be the main advantage compared to the current HTC models... have a look at http://www.htcclassaction.org

cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: Cyber.bee on 2008-04-25 11:04 ]
Yakkaimono
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2008-04-25 18:03
@ Pop Lover
AFAIK X1 won't support TV/Out.
There isn't anything on the whitepaper about it.
But if I'm wrong and the X1 supports TV/Out then it would be most likely through the 3.5 mm audio jack I think.
@ftyk
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-04-25 18:09
@cyber.bee,
i too hope that the x1 is a great device, at least for se's sake.
i remember there was the same kind of hype & anticipation around the p990i & later there was no dearth of so called p990i bashers.
o2 did not listen to or care about customer woes & they finally shut down which is why i hope se is listening.
i'm keeping my fingers crossed for se to announce a camera free x1. [addsig]
Coquito
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-25 20:31

On 2008-04-25 12:02:42, Cyber.bee wrote:
I donīt understand all these people complaining about the X1 while they donīt even have seen/used it!

That s very common here
thats the reason I dont trust in some people coments anymore, all they say is only negative things about SE phones even if they never seem/used.

Do You read Esato forum every day?

[ This Message was edited by: coquito on 2008-04-25 19:33 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 105106107 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic