Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > BlackBauers Bible Hour

Author BlackBauers Bible Hour
BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 00:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I hope that we can all share our personal experiences both positive and negative ones, Christian and non-Christian without getting to personal or offending anyone as this is not the intention of my thread thanx guys.

This message was posted from a P910

axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-11 09:56
Quote:

On 2004-11-10 23:39:10, bobafett wrote:
Faith is a very interestin thing. The film, contact, with jodey foster is worth to watch, i just can recomend it.

Contact is one of my favourite films...really gives you food for thought! [addsig]
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 10:06
hmmm i grew up in a super-conservative christian family... i wonder why i turned out the way i did [addsig]
Yaesu
T630
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 10:16
grew up in a very strong christian environment and to be honest because it was forced on to me so heavily it kind of turned me off religion all together

This message was posted from a P800

kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 10:19
maybe that's the case for me, too [addsig]
BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 17:47
When growing up i was'nt interested in church much, and even though my parents were Christians they never forced it on me, it was only later on in my life that i began to seriously think about God and giving my life to the Lord, think about this for a moment, everything we own in this world has been created by someone with intelligence, and i believe that we were all created by a far more superior intelligence known as God, because if something as basic as a TV has an instuction manual for us to learn how to perform its most basic and complex functions properly then surely we as human beings must have instruction manuals too, indeed a perfect example is the BIBLE. (basic instructions before leaving earth)

PIANOSSO
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 18:08
Indeed. Never knew about what B.I.B.L.E. means. Also i grew up in a protestant family, although I needed to be a bit more mature to make my decision 4 CHRIST.

This message was posted from a T68i

Sir-SonyEricsson-man
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-11 18:14
Quote:

On 2004-11-10 23:48:01, tranquil wrote:
I'm sorry if I stepped on anyones feet by deleting a few replies, but they were easily taken the wrong way.

All I'm after is to let topics like this live but they usually end up getting way too hot for an international forum like Esato.
As long as we all manage to respect each others views on faith...

I think there are allready a lot of this topics so i reallt hope it will stay on topic this time..

About myself, im christ, and i think there is something who mad all this, but like it says in the bible: Do not make a picture out of god.

I belive more in what i see than pray to something what really not helps me..
Sony Xperia 1 II, Xperia 5, Huawei P30 Pro
absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 18:17
A question for you all. I'm genuinely interested in your views and this isn't an attempt to flame... Do you think someone who shares the values of George W. Bush displays the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22, 23)?

Sir-SonyEricsson-man
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-11 18:21
i think every leader of a country is using the word "God" a lot too much. what has god to do when 2 people dont like each other, or make a war??

Its a shame that bin laden says in name of god we have to kill all americans. as the same what bush says, in name of god we have to get every terrorist.

I'm not meaning to flam her. But i think they are using "god" to the wrong things..
Sony Xperia 1 II, Xperia 5, Huawei P30 Pro
PIANOSSO
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 18:33
What's faith according to the bible? Lots and lots of people claim that they're christians, but their lifestyle andmutual convictions are far far away from what the bible teaches us. What would you think about a "christian" basing his trust more on himself than on GOD's power?

vanquish
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-11 18:49
hello - been going to church ever since i was born (and even when i wasnt )

i am a christian, and believe in god, and to answer your question bb24 i do find it hard to speak up.

and being a christian, i do sometimes swear and say rude things on esato

but the worst thing with sony ericsson and being a christian is my dad always makes me think about a phone, and make sure i dont get too excited so that it distracts me from god. thankfully though, he has ordered my k700i [addsig]
PIANOSSO
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 18:50
@abs Literally, no. But you are very close to a big mistake. Never compare yourself with a man, wether you think he does the right thing or not. GOD's will is often not logicall in human terms. He also is known to do HIS work thru people. So don't judge bush, but if you really care, pray for him, for GOD to enlighten his mind and ways.

absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-11-11 19:00
I was careful to say someone like Bush. Obviously I have no idea what God's plans for are and I'm certainly in no position to say whether someone has faith or not.

BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-12 01:32
@ vanquish unfortunately we all have our bad habits my friend, we just need to be able to indentify them before we can try to kick them, however its not always that easy and takes will power and constant prayer.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic