Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Chatpen is it any good? Thinking of buying it.

Previous  12
Author Chatpen is it any good? Thinking of buying it.
Ulukai
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-29 21:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thank u very much.
DgtHorse
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-29 23:39
Hehe, yeah, where can i buy this gizmo??
DgtHorse
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-29 23:43
Ohh yah and lets say usually in one day i write about 10 pages worth of notes. Am i able to transfer these notes to my T68 and then to my iPAQ 3635 via IR??
twilight
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-30 00:01
Can you use it for writing into text fields?(wap,sms,e-mail functions of phone.)

Does the text you write leaves on paper also like a normal pen or pencil?

I think SE must create a simple model of chatpen which only let you entering text in text fields, drawing picture and scrolling. That would be better and cheaper.

--------------------------------------------
Please visit these mobile web sites.

Twilight Zone (twilightwap.com)

DownloadWAP (downloadwap.com)

WAP Groups(wapgroups.com)

PRODIGITS(prodigits.co.uk)

Surfwap(surfwap.com)

WAPelite(wapelite.com)

WAPmeter(wapmeter.com)

[ This Message was edited by: twilight on 2008-09-13 00:18 ]
xenious
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-04-30 04:09
Could you explain why you need their pen service? I fail to see how a bluetooth input device would require 3rd party intervention? Does it not just feed text to your phone or whatever?
-jim
Floberg
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-04-30 09:30
DgtHorse:
It can only(?) be bought in Vodafone stores.

No, I you are not able to send the notes to your ipaq/laptop/whatever Yet!
From the beginning you are only able to send it through the GPRS-net to any receiver.
In the future though, you will be able to send it locally to your laptop, etc only using bluetooth. The pen itself is "quite stupid" it only dones what the service tells it to do. i.e after writing something and ticking the Send box, it connects to a PLS (Paper Look-up Service/Server) that then instructs the pen where to send the message and in what format. This kind of function can also be within your (local) computer having a Application Definition Database instructing your pen som save it for example as a word document. (future Windows versions will support Anoto functions)

More info about these two "options" can be found at http://www.anotofunctionality.com/navigate.asp?PageID=74

twilight:
No you can not use it for entering information only to the phone. But as for the above options, anything is possible, it is just another service that CAN be released. Thats the clever part of this concept, Anoto "sells" pattern for different services, so SE could for example release some kind of input paper, or "WAP surf paper", or whatever your imagination can make up....
Future will tell.

And yes, it is a normal pen, but with an advanced camera capturing what you write and the small dots on the paper defining the type of serivce.

xenious:
Well, as I said above, the pen itself are stupid, it only reads the dots on the paper, and then awaits instructions from the service.
You better read more at http://www.anotofunctionality.com to understand the concept.

I definitely love it! Especially when you realise that it will also be future compatible, since the pen is "stupid". This is really smart!

But if people really will buy this thing....thats another story..... I might not be representative for the rest of the population....

[ This Message was edited by: Floberg on 2002-04-30 08:31 ]
egg378
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-07 16:38
thx FOL for the review...i don't think i'll be gettin that too expensive and not worth it for me...which means money i can use to buy other stuff LOL
kurai
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-13 21:11
That was an excellent review Floberg. These are exactly the types of reviews I like to see on a product before I purchase. Thanks again!

Just like everything else, the price will go down. I believe anoto is going to make the most money on licensing the technology, so we will see models from Bic and more austere pen makers eventually, in other words, the price for a unit will go down.

I read an excellent article on this technology in Wired magazine last year, I believe, and was pretty intrigued. Considering I just layed out cash for a Bluespoon, I will probably get one of these too. Just as soon as they reach the states.

Anyone have an idea when that might be?

Perhaps I can convince my company to write some drivers so it will integrate well with our OS...
umota
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-14 18:09
Does anyone know, when this piece will be availiable in Germany?

Thanx.
dantec
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-27 07:33
Since these posts were made last year, and anyone get me the info if this is actually shipping anywhere else in the world appart from Scandinavia ?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi