Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P800 SMS

Previous  12
Author P800 SMS
GordyUK
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 19:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Since my last post, i have a reponse to all of ya!

Patchy:- Thank you for the info on multi-tap.. i guess there are 2 issues here.. the first being that i am so brand loyal to S/E and have waited so many months for this phone (since Aug'02), i was in danger of buying it no matter what, even if it was missing an ON button - ok perhaps not that sad, but you get the idea. Secondly, i'm glad you actually said multi-tap on a p800 is faster - at the end of the day perhaps i can "suck it & see" and hope T9 or an equivalent gets added in a later firmware update - didn't someone say something about the predictive software on a T68i being slightly different from regular T9 anyway?

jplacson:- hello there.. i remember you from the old syllas forums
You may be right, perhaps i shouldn't get this phone but i have always hd to lumber around my T68i and my Ipaq and infrared everything between them which was a real pain. The O2 XDA is a bit of a joke as far as clamping a pda to your head to make a call so as i said above, the P800 was my light at the end of the tunnel that had everything... or so i thought... You mention the successor to the T68i and indeed the initial pictures i saw of the T610 look VERY nice indeed but look at the state of me now having waited almost 7 months for the P800. By the time the T610 is released i'll be a gibbering mess in a padded room :-~

terrible:- all i can say is the way we use text is just different. I am totally the opposite. I rarely send one word texts, i find them a waste of 10p (or a waste of my 600 sms bundle per month). i am quite often busy or in areas where i can't "write" or call so i need the fast ability to discreetly send full, long and concise messages. Perhaps i should enter a "crossing the road whilst texting war & peace" race ) - I don't mean to sound pompous but i've been texting so many years now that T9 and my thumb are blisteringly fast and anything else will be a real let down... although this could be the signal i needed to go to SMS anonymous - i mean is sending 900+ messages per month healthy? hmm perhaps i need to get out more

slattery69:- am totally with you mate!, at this price it should politley whisper in my ear that my mother is on the phone and should it take a message for me !
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-21 19:52
@Arroyootje, Well @Rashkae has explained why qwerty keyboard is less taps at the end of writing most messages.
But you have a p800, so why not try it yourself if you have a t9 phone lying around, i was pleasantly supprised to find t9 is almost always more taps.
Reminder; milk, sugar, crisps, post letter.
JAYV
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-22 03:34
good, then that means you havn't spent a lot of money to buy a "fone"
as jplacson said, if you only need a fone to talk and send sms, p800 is overkill, stick with t68 for a while... i bought p800 but still kept my t68...
i've been waiting for the p800 since october02... i wanted a p800 bcoz i wanted to replace my palm pilot anyway, i though i might as well buy a device which integrates fone and pda functionalities, more convenient and practical for me... with the p800 i got both plus alot of xtras
cam, mp3 player, vid player, EMULATORS!!!, all i need now is a can opener
as for sms, it's not realy easy to use it with one-hand multitap, especialy with small hands like me, good thing im left handed tho... but with the stylus, i find myself writing very long responses to short messages... i find the handwriting recognition on the p800 very responsive, easy and fast to use...

one more thing tho... i was a palm pilot user, palm didn't have t9 built in, but a third party app vendor released t9 for palm pilot... if SE wont put t9 on the p800 thru fw upgrades, im sure somebody else will... this may also be the reason why SE decided not to include t9...

Quote:

On 2003-02-21 12:35, slattery69 wrote:
Been after one for a while but the more i look into it and read peoples comments on it think i might wait a while longer before spending that amount of money

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi