Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > RE: P990. Is SE listening?

Author RE: P990. Is SE listening?
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-09 13:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
You tell em'
madmoroccan
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-09 13:51
The anti SE alliance anyone? Nah I'm kidding ofcourse...

But I think we should have a petition thread with some demands... like a free exchange when SE release the next P series... if they ever attempt to make a market leading phone ever again!

Or... an immediate end to production and full refunds to all those with phones that they are unhappy with.
Discord
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-01-09 16:18
I'd happily accept it if they allowed P990 owners to "upgrade" kinda. Like SE offering a greater discount for people trading-in their P990 for another UIQ handset this year.

[ This Message was edited by: Discord on 2007-01-09 15:19 ]
madmoroccan
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-09 17:26
I'd have to say that as a realist, all common sense tells me that there is now way that they would even offer an exchange of the next "p" series...

That said how many corporate types thinking about profit margins and damage limitation would think to offer disgruntled customers? NONE!

These days you'd be lucky to have a genuinely faulty handset replaced... and even then it would be for a recon unit. So what makes us think that the big green giant is going to treat us any differently because we're not happy with our purchase? Quite frankly we have every right to demand action... Would you buy a supercar and then put up with electrical problems and have it switch off on you in the middle of a motorway? NO!

I just don't think it is in a "business' " nature to be understanding... Look at the NW HD3 fiasco.... AGAIN SONY... They sold lots of them before they ordered a recall on certain Serial no. ranges... And when mine failed they said it was my fault and that I dropped it (of course it was my fault when there is company pride and a £250 music player involved). The arrogance is too much! Customer support should be called Damage limitation fob off!

RANT OVER.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-09 19:08
@madmoroccan

I agree with nearly all that you have said and in the early days when these devices were launched and i dared suggest SE had failed to properly test these devices and was using their paying customers as Beta Testers i was flamed big time. I was also assured that SE would resolve all these issues with the next firmware and then the next one etc etc.

I'm afraid I took the easy option I sold my M600 and HBH-DS970 and 1GB M2 at a big loss but this was cheaper then smashing it to bits and sending it back to SE which is what I felt like doing and like many others have now deserted SE and vowed never to buy another one of their products ever.

I also think the only reason SE bought UIQ was they had no choice no one else uses it and it was doing Symbians reputation no good had they not bought i believe their would no longer be UIQ. If SE can ever recover from this only time will tell but many people have had a truly bad experience and will not be so eager to try these type of devices again if ever, so only time will tell. But the next series of UIQ devices will need to be outstanding on launch or IMO that will be the end of SE smart phones.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
bitnaut
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-09 19:11
P990i Killer: the new Apple iPod/iPhone just announced today!

http://www.macrumorslive.com/
T68i, K750i, P990i+HBH-DS970
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-01-09 20:14
Not really...Q4 release in Europe means it will face different competition by both Nokia and SE, not the existing devices
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
Discord
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-01-10 03:11
@madmoroccan
It's a hard fact to swallow, but you're right. All indicators so far serve to reinforce your point. It doesn't make sense at all for SE to admit to shortcomings involving this particular handset cos all dissatisfactions with the P990 will be drowned out over time by their success with the other ranges. I wonder if stuff would be different if the product in question was one of greater mass appeal though. We do represent a pretty tight niche and the series that we're supporting is at the final stage of its life-expectancy. We're just collateral damage.

@Dogmann
M600? I imagine that if you owned a P990 instead, there'd be nothing left of it to sell... Heh.

@bitnaut
ares is absolutely right but I'd expect that announcement from Apple to cause their competitors to head back to the boardrooms to do some serious planning for their next generation of handsets. Competition's always good for the consumer.
SE4NICK
W580 Grey
PM
Posted: 2007-01-10 03:17
I'm an old hand at communicating with SE, when i talk to them i push and push until i get what i want, or get through to them. I guess they know my email address down at SE now. lol, any way, i may be of use to help get thier attention and get ideas through.
Discord
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-01-10 04:40
Ah Hah! An ally. Great. Before anyone else posts their request, I'll state mine. Tell SE this

"I'm holding my P990 hostage. If you ever want to see this handset alive again, do as I say. If you fail to meet my demands, I'll torture it slowly. Starting with the touchscreen...

I want a name. Has to be a full time SE staff. At least a manageral level or the equivalent of and no less than 3 years working experience with SE. NOT from Customer Service, HR, or PR. Top level management ideal but will settle for Marketing, Engineering, Programming, R&D manager. This person will exist as our point of contact.

Esato members will nominate 3 to 5 users who will correspond directly with this person. They will filter useful information from the rest of the community and relay them directly to the named representative who will in turn ensure that it is communicated to the relevent department in SE. Frequent updates on SE's progress is to be provided to Esato's nominated members.

Users will contribute to the development of new SE products and will aid in the recitification of existing problems in current products.

SE is to launch a new marketing campaign stating that they listen to their fans. SE will state that they value their loyal customers above all else and mean it.

SE will only attempt to gain market share by emphasizing the importance of their customers. Any action without regard to their loyal fan-base will be deemed as an act of defiance. The community will respond accordingly.

Should SE fail to comply to the abovementioned demands, the said P990 will suffer a fate worse than death. I will load the handset up with as many applications I can get my hands on, and allow it to run. The world will be able to witness this brutal act with their own eyes through the wonders of the Internet. If the P990 crashes, I WILL restart it. If it's battery goes flat, I WILL recharge it."

Thanks for the assist man. Bless your soul. By the way, one day I gotta speak with you about how you manage to get past the spam filter and customer service staff. ^^
SE4NICK
W580 Grey
PM
Posted: 2007-01-10 06:45
Well im waiting for a reply, i have asked to make contact to this person although, i left out the bit about the P990 and the full time.
bjorne
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-01-10 19:21
tried to contact SE - just got very formal unhelpfull replies

Dropped my P990 (now 2nd phone for the twin card) for a Samsung SGH-i320 and have ordered the SGH-i600, WM5 so much better than UIQ.

madmoroccan
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 16:39
@Bjorn

I respect your views... Even though I strongly dislike WM.

But what really gets my goat is the fact that UIQ3 "could" have made so much more of a better impression than it has left some of us with.

@Everyone reaing this thread:

I have an answer to the original question:

Have SE forgotten about us?

Answer: Yes... Overwhelmingly so! They are already working on the P1000... or whatever they plan to call it. They are going to sweep the P990i under the carpet and anyone who bought it will be treated like scum. AGAIN what's new here?

I really admire all those of you who are not afraid to show your dissatisfaction at SE, and also don't try to force others to share your views. This is what I think makes an honest forum.

All I can say is that this thread has shown what I percieve to be the SE P990i in it's true colours. And by the looks of it I wasn't the only one.

PS. Where is all the promised 3rd party software we were promised?
Anyone care to levy apart from the fact that the new Signing system has made developers lose intrest?

[ This Message was edited by: madmoroccan on 2007-01-11 15:43 ]
wdeertz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 17:51
I bought this piece of crap P990 about 4 months and stopped using it after about 3 days as it was so unreliable. Consistent with all the other complaints already expressed in this forum I can't say LOUD ENOUGH how disgruntled I am with SE. I am absolutely amazed that they would even thing of releasing a product at this stage of development to the market. I think a class action lawsuit is in order.

You can bet with my dissatisfaction that I have shared my views with at least 10 other people. Imagine if every person experiencing problems with the P990 shared thier dissatisfaction with 10 people. Pretty soon SE will be going out of business, I'm signing off I need to execute a short sale on their shares.
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 18:34
Quote:

Imagine if every person experiencing problems with the P990 shared thier dissatisfaction with 10 people. Pretty soon SE will be going out of business, I'm signing off I need to execute a short sale on their shares.

Uh, beware Nostradamus LOL
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi