Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Should Ericsson sell its stake in Sony Ericsson?

Previous  123  Next
Author Should Ericsson sell its stake in Sony Ericsson?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-01-18 16:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@786KBR. I think it may be a long time before can match Nokia in world unit sales.

However, with the Walkman branded phones doing so well, and more of these handsets on the way, Sony's expertise in consumer goods and marketing seems to be levering right in to the spotlight for the right reasons - at last, quite the contrary from what they were 3 years ago. Personally, I would like to see the brand stay as it is.

(They have made the business headlines on Sky News and showing footage of T68i merchandise, )
SsTiTcH
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-01-19 05:31
Shows how little business experts know. If you have a good thing going NEVER change it on advice of so-called experts. Would be a very stupid move.
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-01-19 07:41
Quote:

On 2006-01-18 16:54:07, goldenface wrote:
@786KBR. I think it may be a long time before can match Nokia in world unit sales.

However, with the Walkman branded phones doing so well, and more of these handsets on the way, Sony's expertise in consumer goods and marketing seems to be levering right in to the spotlight for the right reasons - at last, quite the contrary from what they were 3 years ago. Personally, I would like to see the brand stay as it is.

(They have made the business headlines on Sky News and showing footage of T68i merchandise, )

How long? W-series doing very well.. I know the P-series gona kick ass!!
The more exposure SE gets with high end phones, the easier it will be to sell lower end phones...
You think Nokia will be on top in 3 years??
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2006-01-19 11:24
Quote:

On 2006-01-18 16:54:07, goldenface wrote:

So I shouldn't have been dissapointed with Euronews showing footage of T610/630 and Z600

Personally I'd hate to see breakup and why would any company break out of a partnership when it starts to make some good results? If were to start making less profit and its market share stat to go down then maybe /// might think of leaving, but now when things just seem to be getting better and better, I don't think so.
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2006-01-19 23:23
Quote:

On 2006-01-18 14:14:34, Delta 9 wrote:
I think it would be foolish for Ericsson to step out of this alliance. First of all they are making a profit. Second of all after 5 years in their existence SonyEricsson has gained a lot of credibility (existence right) and have become an international brand.

Another important thing I would like to point out is that the article states mobile phones aren’t Ericsson’s core business. This is incorrect; it’s not a core business any more. But it was for a long time, as a matter a fact, this was the reason to create the SonyEricsson joint venture in the first place.

Just my opinion anyway....

I would like to point out that mobile phones have never been Ericssons core business.

It was only a small division of the company with unlimited resources.
david1975
Z530 black
PM
Posted: 2006-01-19 23:43
just my view but what have sony actualy done for se apart form the name, walkman branding and a memory stick ericsson seem to still provide the most anyway
Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-20 00:18
Of course it was never core s4.. it drained too much money
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-01-20 00:26
Looks like it's a TANDEM for them now . . . NO separation or DIVORCE in the offing ! [addsig]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-01-20 12:11
Quote:

On 2006-01-19 23:43:17, david1975 wrote:
just my view but what have sony actualy done for se apart form the name, walkman branding and a memory stick ericsson seem to still provide the most anyway

I think Sony's vast experience in consumer electronics marketing has made a difference. Boba swears that most of the handsets, since the T610, have been more Sony influenced than Ericsson.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-20 12:21
splitting now would be unwize.
SE needs to live on and ericsson must continue its work on mobile platforms, symbian and UIQ.
if ericsson would separate from those things the market would be wide open for windows OS.
many people see nokia as the big rival, i don't
nokia has been teaming with ericsson for years in terms of networks, development, new standards and much more.

how the future looks nobody can predict that.
we can only gues that global demand for cell phones will rize, competition will get harder.
and maby we can expect something very special from symbian in a year or 2.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-08-07 14:41
New info bumperama bump!

Ericsson goes to war with Samsung

To quote from this article: -

In the past two years it has greatly expanded its activities in technology licensing, including the marketing of reference platforms to Sony Ericsson rivals, and while its joint venture focuses on the high end of the market - and so is less sensitive to royalty costs than the phonemakers chasing emerging economies - there is also a real option for Ericsson to quit handsets altogether, and one that we would expect it to take up in the next few years.

More rumblings on a go it alone strategy for Sony.

I want to know if the Ericsson name would be ditched from the name or will there be a total rebranding if this happened.

fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-08-07 20:29
i would love it if /// left and went back to their roots..

a 2006 remake of the T39m would get me soo excited..

fatreg
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-07 23:46
Ericsson will never make fones again, actually not on their own. Any brand should be happy to cooperate with the swedish giant, just as they showed sony how to make real fones instead of an 'ufo' - unidentified fone object'

This message was posted from a WAP device

axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-07 23:53
This discussion brings another thread to mind: Ericsson Buying out Sony Ericsson? [addsig]
deepsme
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-08-08 00:47
Why would Sony want to start from scratch all over again.It failed once trying to make its own handsets so it merged with Ericsson.All Sony now has to do is give branding like 'walkman' and 'cybershot' to Ericsson phones and reap the profits!
Only reason why Ericsson would try to pull out is because its not getting as much share as it would like to for all the R&D its putting in.
Or maybe just maybe all these rumors are just a ploy to expand :se 's market base.
here, have a puff
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi